Request Forum Trophies and Titles Input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

With the community becoming more engaged than ever before, we've been looking for ways to update and freshen up aspects of the forums.

Since the forums were created in 2010, we've had the same forum trophies and corresponding user titles. We're looking to create additional trophies and titles to encompass larger forum milestones - since many of our members have exhausted the current ladder for trophies.

So, we're asking for a bit of community assistance. What kinds of trophies and user titles would you like to see? We're opening up suggestions. Ideally, we'd like to create 6 new trophies and corresponding user titles, while still keeping the original ladder mostly intact.

Current forum trophies and their point values: https://piratesforums.co/help/trophies

Current user title ladder: https://gyazo.com/3355a29c09a9920f9d1168e79c09ea2f

New trophy ladder guidelines:
  • All trophy names must be kept appropriate
  • All trophy names must reflect a "piratey" or "sailing" theme
  • Already-existing trophy names must remain, though their criteria and placement in the ladder can be altered
  • All proposed new trophies must follow the current format of how trophies are listed in our Help section (specify requirements of message count, likes received and/or time spent on the forums)
  • Specify a point value that each trophy awards
  • You may propose a maximum of 6 new trophies in your ladder
New user title ladder guidelines:
  • All titles must be kept appropriate
  • All titles must reflect a "piratey" or "sailing" theme
  • Already-existing titles must remain, though their criteria and placement in the ladder can be altered
  • Specify what point sum is required to earn each title (should be cumulative and correspond to the values specified in the new proposed trophy ladder)
  • You may propose a maximum of 6 new titles in your ladder
Again, remember that the user title ladder directly correlates with the trophy ladder. If you propose 4 new trophies, you can only propose 4 new titles.

This isn't a contest, but any input is greatly appreciated. I'm eager to see what you all will come up with! In short, create two lists - one for trophies and one for user titles - that illustrate the order as well as the criteria needed for each "rank." Include all pre-existing trophies and ranks as well as the ones that you create.

JFR

Last edited:
Pirate Bard

I'm not exactly sure how this would work, but:
A title awarded to users who have more likes than messages.

I guess this could be used as a medal instead of a title, tell me what you think about it :)

Are we able to suggest trophies involving amounts of followers? If not, then my 2 suggestions are void lol.
  • Crewing up - Follow 3 (or 5?) other members
  • Sought after - Obtained when you receive your first follower
I imagine those being lower on the point value scale, probably 5 or 10 points each.

Also, I'm only creative enough right now to suggest one user title: Power monkey. I imagine it would either go between dockworker and sea legs, or sea legs and swashbuckler.. however I don't really know how to work the point values around it so I'll just leave this here and leave it up to you if you want to work with it :p probably just shift them all down the line 1 level.

I suppose I should have clarified. What we're looking for are two separate (full) ladders. You'd use the existing names as well as create your own (while abiding by all of the criteria that was listed for each in the main post) to create two "ladders" in list format. You determine the order in which they go in.

I suppose I should have clarified. What we're looking for are two separate (full) ladders. You'd use the existing names as well as create your own (while abiding by all of the criteria that was listed for each in the main post) to create two "ladders" in list format. You determine the order in which they go in.
For the trophies, I see that they go in an order of 1, 5, 10, 15... does this need to stay for added ones? For example, the 2 that I suggested I feel would be worth 5 or 10 points each. Does that mean that I need to make the current 5 & 10 point ones worth more?

For the trophies, I see that they go in an order of 1, 5, 10, 15... does this need to stay for added ones? For example, the 2 that I suggested I feel would be worth 5 or 10 points each. Does that mean that I need to make the current 5 & 10 point ones worth more?
Points don't matter too much. Point values for the new trophy ladder can be completely revamped. As stated previously, the only things that really need to stay are the already-existing names of the trophies and the titles. Everything else can be entirely revamped in a (logical) order as you guys see fit.

Trophies
  • Message in a bottle
  • Set Sail
  • Windcatcher
  • Recruiting (1st Follower)
  • Gaining reputation
  • First Plunder (First like on a post)
  • Protégé
  • Crewmate
  • First Mate
  • Makin' Friends (First follow and follow back)
  • Captain
  • Commodore
  • Admiral
  • Officer
Titles
  • Land Lubber
  • Dockworker
  • Powder Monkey
  • Sealegs
  • Cabinboy
  • Swashbuckler
  • Crow's Nest Lookout
  • Buccaneer
  • Pirate Apprentice
  • Pirate
  • Wanted Pirate
  • Infamous Pirate
  • Honorable Pirate
  • Notorious Pirate
  • Pirate Master
  • Pirate Lord
  • Pirate King

Last edited:
Trophies:
Blackbeard
Caribbean Legend
Glorious
Dutchman Hunter

Titles:
Calypsos chosen
Man-o-War

I'm kinda bad at this, but I'm trying :)

This is what it is right now:
0 | none | Land Lubber
1 | Message in a Bottle | Dockworker
6 | Set Sail | Sea Legs
16 | Windcatcher | Swashbuckler
31 | Gaining Reputation | Buccaneer
56 | Protege | Pirate Apprentice
106 | Crewmate | Pirate
181 | First Mate | Honorable Pirate
281 | Captain | Wanted Pirate
431 | Commodore | Notorious Pirate
631 | Admiral | Pirate Master