Freedom of Speech

Pretty Ponies

Buccaneer
unfortunately, these Mods/Admins from this forum do not allow any kind of discussions about the current turmoil of another remake and TLOPO because to stop any kind of drama. That is absurd. What is this? Kindergarten? I challenge the moderators and admins to not lock or remove this thread.

The reason we have been leery about them lately is that a great majority of them draw upon factually incorrect or sensitive information.

Our intention is never to censor the discussions of members - ever. We have been allowing 90% of another remake discussions to remain standing publicly, but usually in most scenarios a staff member has responded and locked any another remake threads to prevent any possible trouble from occurring.

I regret that it has to be this way - that we have to police any sort of discussion at all. Discussions about another remake are not barred at all. The only reason they are moderated most of the time is that the poster engages in behavior that goes against our forum rules.

As a side note, you can read our forum rules here: https://piratesforums.co/help/terms. These are our moderation boundaries. We can only take action on a post if it violates one of these rules.

Last edited:
As many of you know, another remake was supposed to be released to the public today. However something horrific happened to some of the another remake staff 5 days prior of it being released, which unfortunately, pushed back the said date. Why would anyone try to sabotage and get in the way of another remake? Whom could have done this? I wonder...
But please, no drama here right? and this is not factually incorrect information, or sensitive.

Well it is a tad sensitive, considering that some people have been quick to point fingers. It has been said there is evidence to implicate TLOPO, yet the supposed sender of the threats doesn't bear any name I'm familiar with. Still, it unfortunately does appear to have happened. I find doxing and swatting of anyone, even those I don't personally like, deplorable.

I've even heard that someone else may have come forward as the culprit, but that information hasn't been verified either. In any event, I think it is best for victims of these attacks to contact the authorities and let them sort it out. It's not for us to speculate over, in my opinion.

Well it is a tad sensitive, considering that some people have been quick to point fingers. It has been said there is evidence to implicate TLOPO, yet the supposed sender of the threats doesn't bear any name I'm familiar with. Still, it unfortunately does appear to have happened. I find doxing and swatting of anyone, even those I don't personally like, deplorable.

I agree and it is no less deplorable to be the judge and jury of innocent people and attempt to slander their name in public. It's best to allow the authorities and PROFESSIONAL investigators handle it.

Honestly, PP, we can't have a discussion without any real facts from professional investigators, only allegations using unproven or fabricated evidence.

Speaking for myself, I have no problems with the production of another POTCO remake and I've expressed this opinion several times on these forums and I'm glad to have another remake supporters here to discuss their game. I have really good friends and guildmates who are supporters of another remake. Hopefully when another remake is open so that people can play it, there will be more to discuss and compare eh?

For now, there's really not much to discuss.

~Kat

Im glad we've been able to be educated further on this issue with out the thread getting locked.
I never knew this had been taken so far law enforcement had to be involved. But slander is slander and the law is the law!

i'll say this about another remake again

i created a Dev vs Dev server! i compared another remake dev live stream dev server to TLOPO dev stream live server another remake did not like it so they forced it to be removed so i now have a strike for 3 months and i can no longer live stream my videos in my opinion another remake devs are not respectable no big name devs that are respectable has done anything like that people do compare videos all the time (they also said that i did not have there promission when no were did it say i needed there promission)

i'll say this about another remake again

i created a Dev vs Dev server! i compared another remake dev live stream dev server to TLOPO dev stream live server another remake did not like it so they forced it to be removed so i now have a strike for 3 months and i can no longer live stream my videos in my opinion another remake devs are not respectable no big name devs that are respectable has done anything like that people do compare videos all the time (they also said that i did not have there promission when no were did it say i needed there promission)

This is getting out of topic but to quickly reply, another remake isn't an official company or game. With that being said, you don't need permission to live stream any game content. You can do whatever you want when it comes to showcasing the game, and this is also happening with any other proper MMO. The only way you would have to get their permission and actually would need to sign an NDA for, is if you were close to them
and they had showed you content that wasn't available to the public which you wouldn't be allowed to showcase.

I would say that sort of '3 month strike' is just nonsense. They aren't legal so they can't do anything really. Its just empty threats, don't worry about it.

unfortunately, these Mods/Admins from this forum do not allow any kind of discussions about the current turmoil of another remake and TLOPO because to stop any kind of drama. That is absurd. What is this? Kindergarten? I challenge the moderators and admins to not lock or remove this thread.

I thought we resolved this issue to everyone's satissfation in this thread: https://piratesforums.co/threads/another remake-trollface.12823/

This is getting out of topic but to quickly reply, another remake isn't an official company or game. With that being said, you don't need permission to live stream any game content. You can do whatever you want when it comes to showcasing the game, and this is also happening with any other proper MMO. The only way you would have to get their permission and actually would need to sign an NDA for, is if you were close to them
and they had showed you content that wasn't available to the public which you wouldn't be allowed to showcase.

I would say that sort of '3 month strike' is just nonsense. They aren't legal so they can't do anything really. Its just empty threats, don't worry about it.

but they allready done it

my video is down from youtube and i have a copyright strike because of it

but they allready done it

my video is down from youtube and i have a copyright strike because of it

Hahahahaha im sorry thats just hilarious! Not you fault though in any case. You can send me a private message if you want to talk about it more but Id rather leave this be when it comes to this thread, I dont like clogging :p and its out of topic

I like how the mods handled thread, such as one I created, "Wow" it was a very factual thread, and provided good information, unfortunately drama did eventually break out and they (rightfully) closed the thread.

The other part while, yes somebody was SWATed, TLOPO's staff was never involved, and I fully guarantee any real follower of TLOPO would not wish this to happen to anybody. Sure, there are some bad apples among the community, but no staff member was behind this.

I would like to remind some of the younger generation that just because there's a post online doesn't mean you have to post a reply, agree with it, or even read it. That's why we have freedom of speech. So when people have something to say, they can.

That's just life. But personally, I'd rather have drama than shushing.

Back