Discussion Game Crashes

I see this post is from back in Feb. Are other Mac users still having this issue? I have a friend on Mac new to the game, and same thing happens to him- crashes within a minute every time he boards a ship. I signed on as him on PC and no problem.
In the past month I wasn't having that issue as much, maybe crashed once? I'm having more of an issue now with the backspace button (delete button) , when I click the key it actually goes back 2 spaces instead of one. I'm also having an issue when I am fighting an enemy or shooting cannons (when clicking control key and left or right key at same time) a screen pans across my computer and I have to click the right arrow button to get back to the game. This will be come a bigger issue when trying to do cannon defense when it comes back to the game. I am hoping someone can tell me how to turn that off on my computer keyboard .

Thanks, Kelly! My buddy Dan O'Legend is hoping to make some settings adjustments and be able to sail when Open Beta comes up. I am wondering if his issues have to do with too many graphics going on to somehow translate to Mac speak. I'm encouraged to hear that while you have issues, you have at least been able to sail- that will give him some hope! :bang:I played POTCO on Mac and remember I had a few weird things like you describe.

Thanks, Kelly! My buddy Dan O'Legend is hoping to make some settings adjustments and be able to sail when Open Beta comes up. I am wondering if his issues have to do with too many graphics going on to somehow translate to Mac speak. I'm encouraged to hear that while you have issues, you have at least been able to sail- that will give him some hope! :bang:I played POTCO on Mac and remember I had a few weird things like you describe.
I did turn off the sounds and music in the game settings and I also put the graphic quality at low which I was told would help with lag and disconnections. Have him try that.

The other issue is the infinite ending screens when porting! I don't use the fancy loading screen and the circles just never stops and connects back to server when porting. All my settings are low and off and unchecked, so it's definitely server side!

The other issue is the infinite ending screens when porting! I don't use the fancy loading screen and the circles just never stops and connects back to server when porting. All my settings are low and off and unchecked, so it's definitely server side!
Johnny I think everyone was having that issue, Mac and PC alike. I played a bit tonight once game came up, and had no problem porting. Hopefully that is a good sign! :cheers:

Back