Greeters

Status
Not open for further replies.

EthanAye

Buccaneer
MY suggestion would be that greeters should answer a question to a thread (on a help thread or something like that) while welcoming them to the forums, but that's just me.

Greeters welcome new members to the forum, they also do help them when they see questions asked. This is something they already do.
Well, there's been more than one recent post where a greeter sounded a bit robotic, dodged the question completely and moved on. Not complaining, but they could bother trying to answer the question or direct the member to an answer or more help.
Here's one from a little while ago...
https://piratesforums.co/threads/fps-in-game.21213/
I had to laugh that someone, a certain Jack Cannonskull, actually "liked" the greeter's zombie response/welcome, lol!

Greeters welcome new members to the forum, they also do help them when they see questions asked. This is something they already do.
5923e1504b699d6f22e613fd985aa916.png

Apparently not. It should be a requirement to answer questions if greeting on a help post.

EDIITTT :::

Well, there's been more than one recent post where a greeter sounded a bit robotic, dodged the question completely and moved on. Not complaining, but they could bother trying to answer the question or direct the member to an answer or more help.
Here's one from a little while ago...
https://piratesforums.co/threads/fps-in-game.21213/
I had to laugh that someone, a certain Jack Cannonskull, actually "liked" the greeter's zombie response/welcome, lol!

Exactly what I'm talking about.

So...a greeter greeted you? Maybe when support starts assisting you you'll start writing threads about how they should greet you too? I think I'll write a thread about how you should write another thread about how this post doesn't successfully implement your suggestion.

What are you on? I'm saying, if a greeter is going to greet someone on a post where they're (OP) asking for help, they should receive the help from the greeter.

So instead of wasting the dudes time - having OP check the thread for help (which he did not receive) on his thread, the Greeter could've posted elsewhere such as his profile.

It's completely unnecessary, it's 100% an off topic post if the Greeter is not offering help / relating to OPs thread.

The greeting from the greeter is basically an off topic post considering it's not relating to the topic, nor is it giving any help to OP.

Welcoming did not necessarily waste his time, but I'm not gonna argue about that.

She probably didn't know the answer, and was just being polite since it was posted in the new member thread. I'm sure if she knew she would've answered his question.

I agree with this, but don't you think she could've welcomed him on his profile or something?

I agree with this, but don't you think she could've welcomed him on his profile or something?
Her job is literally to greet people who post in that thread, yes she could've done it on his profile but maybe she saw he posted in that thread first. I honestly think you are making a bigger deal than this needs to be. Greeters answer question if they know the answer. His question eventually got answered and that's what matters.

:2 cents:hope you have a good day :)

Her job is literally to greet people who post in that thread, yes she could've done it on his profile but maybe she saw he posted in that thread first. I honestly think you are making a bigger deal than this needs to be. Greeters answer question if they know the answer. His question eventually got answered and that's what matters.

:2 cents:hope you have a good day :)

Mhm, all the replies made it a bigger deal than it should've been. I was just saying it would be nice/helpful if they'd answer the question with their greet message, but it's whatever - not a big deal.

(it's just some feedback heh)

A greeter's job, whether 'official' or 'unofficial' is to greet new members and to make them feel welcome. Many greeters go above and beyond by answering questions that they can, or posting links and answering questions to help out when they can. I've noticed that more and more lately, people are trying to dodge the system in place for finding answers to technical problems by posting problems in the new member section. Several of these have even been locked lately. The forums do, after all, have a search engine and thread for technical questions and the main page directs questions to the support staff... MY suggestion is... If you want something to happen and don't like the way it's done... then STEP UP and do it yourself. Make it happen to your satisfaction and stand out as someone who fills that gap. To insult others and complain otherwise isn't productive.

It's completely ok to just welcome someone, as others have said they probably didn't know about the question. Also I'm pretty sure greeters would answer any help related questions if they are familiar with it. Btw you shouldn't put other greeters on the spot by screenshotting them.

But yes thank you for the feedback, feedback is always welcome my way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back