Guild Rules Should Not Be So Strict

I'm sorry, but rules are rules, when you showed up being a level 12 basic, our rules allowing level 15s and up, I couldn't guild you!
Rules are rules, and are meant to be followed.

judge-modern-warfare-2.jpg

:iagree:

I really am not much of a guild person though I have been in the same guild for about 2 years...and still active.

I know this was mentioned early in the thread but i will still say it.:p

Basic arguments:
1. No player of any certain level or anything as such is being forced to join a guild against their will.
2. The GM made the guild for his own leadership therefore it's their right to chose who joins and who doesn't.
3. Rules usually have a purpose, if you disagree with them, than avoid the rules by not joining the guild.
4. When a pirate joins a guild, they chose to agree to the rules therefore follow them the way they were made. Don't want to follow them, then leave or get kicked.

To expand on those arguments, big difference in a game from life is that you get complete control and choice of actions in a game. There are no restrictions to your choice. When making a guild, you have the power to make the rules just like there are rules in a job or more similar, military. You have to pass through some restrictions to get in and in this case the GM makes them no matter how strict. You cannot complain about the rules of a guild you are not in. It's in your power to say i don't want to join a guild just like it's in a GM's power to not accept a member. The reason may be personal or whatever. They don't matter. With that, i will conclude that rules are rules.

All rules are made for a reason although some seem dumb. Like jay walking. Really I have to walk down to the end of the street and wait for the light to change before I can cross I can't just look both ways and cross. Although some rules may be ridiculous a world without rules would become chaotic and would lead to someone trying to become the leader and that would lead to them creating their own rules. I'm just glad we live in a place were we can choose the rules we follow[speaking about potco of course]. As I said a long time ago if you don't like rules you can leave. However it doesn't help to sit down with your gm and discuss the rules.

Guilds have rules for different reasons. Mostly the dream of the GM who created the guild in the first place. If I made a guild where u could only wear Bright Greens and I called it the Green Beans or something silly, I would expect people to respect that rule. Don't complain about Guild rules, just find one that is right for you. NO guild is perfect. :) :p

Has any of you ever asked to join a guild or crew and have been rejected or turned down just because your not a member, dont have open chat, and to low of a lvl?
Yeah I have. That's what I call just plain rude.Guilds are supposed to allow all levels, both members and non-members, no matter what chat they have (like open chat, speedchat, etc). I asked someone in a certain guild if I can join until I can friend someone I know. I told him that I was a high level on a low level pirate and a friend of the guildmaster and he still would not allow me. And this guild had said before that they allow all levels and players as long as they are not rude and cause drama. I also told him i'm a different person then all the rest. But still wouldn't allow me in. And you call that the greatest guild of all? Last guilds are supposed to be groups that love to hang out with each other and help each other with whatever they need help with.
I liked the pirates back when it first started. You could join any guild you wanted as many times as you wanted and they still would not reject you.

You are right because i was "INFERNO" last year and i invited my friend and eh was not really low 30lvl and some sorry but stupid guys just kicked them out because of his level thats relly rude thing and some guild want open chat and i hate that too i think guilds shoud not make these things...

You are right because i was "INFERNO" last year and i invited my friend and eh was not really low 30lvl and some sorry but stupid guys just kicked them out because of his level thats relly rude thing and some guild want open chat and i hate that too i think guilds shoud not make these things...
I feel level limits persecute the people who want to join guilds. If every guild had a level limit, some people would be left out. Leaving out people like that is a bad thing. I hope the POTCO community will understand it's a bad thing sometime.

I feel level limits persecute the people who want to join guilds. If every guild had a level limit, some people would be left out. Leaving out people like that is a bad thing. I hope the POTCO community will understand it's a bad thing sometime.
Then name a guild OUTFerno and enjoy it. lol

I still feel that persecuting people because of their level is a bad thing. If they're mean or rude or disrupt guild events, that's one thing. Persecuting people for level is not nice. As hard as it is to believe, LOW LEVELS ARE PEOPLE TOO!
ARRGG not to be mean, but the bottom line is still.. that the GM who made the guild.. it is Their rules. They did not set out to particularly Rule u or anyone out, they just Specified what they were looking for.

Reactions: LEO
ARRGG not to be mean, but the bottom line is still.. that the GM who made the guild.. it is Their rules. They did not set out to particularly Rule u or anyone out, they just Specified what they were looking for.
I suppose, but I still personally think it's rude to exclude anybody by their level. However, that's coming from the guy who had a maxed leaderboard guild reach the top fast and crash to the bottom even faster.

I suppose, but I still personally think it's rude to exclude anybody by their level. However, that's coming from the guy who had a maxed leaderboard guild reach the top fast and crash to the bottom even faster.
ARRRGG lol. You are supposing now, but Still denying the fact that it's the GM rules. Your guild reached the top fast but crashed faster because u did NOT have rules? lol hmmmmmmmm

ARRRGG lol. You are supposing now, but Still denying the fact that it's the GM rules. Your guild reached the top fast but crashed faster because u did NOT have rules? lol hmmmmmmmm
Wrong. We had rules. But we were loose with them. I'm always a little loose with my rules because my guilds are about having fun and socializing, not wasting time away finding weapons and making a strong appearance. I was shocked when we made it to the leaderboards, because I never forced anybody to do anything.

I still feel that persecuting people because of their level is a bad thing. If they're mean or rude or disrupt guild events, that's one thing. Persecuting people for level is not nice. As hard as it is to believe, LOW LEVELS ARE PEOPLE TOO!

Guess you have not heard about my guild yet, we accept everyone level 1 to level 50, all ages, all races, etc,..as gypsies are a family, created December 2, not quite 2 months but we have almost 200 people and no they not all low, but i make low pirates all the time, and i also use those pirates to teach the low how to level up as i figure they are the future of potc. Is nothing more exciting to me than to show them all the places i first saw, tormenta, dark heart, and i do on quiet oceans, dont want to hear the, they to low to play here, but with an attack 44 doll, they able to stay alive even a level 5. Most say i am way to out spoken, and yes i am, only when it comes to defending the low, defending women, my friends, guild, but those who know me as friend and know me in guild know that the jokes are always flying,..and there are no strict rules in my guild accept treat everyone with kindness, and dont cheat, no pvp glitch, and no rep steal. And if you say, you are a guild jumper, maybe only staying a couple days, i cant stand suspense, so you gone in a second. You want a chance to know us, then everyone is welcome. :piratemickey:

Guess you have not heard about my guild yet, we accept everyone level 1 to level 50, all ages, all races, etc,..as gypsies are a family, created December 2, not quite 2 months but we have almost 200 people and no they not all low, but i make low pirates all the time, and i also use those pirates to teach the low how to level up as i figure they are the future of potc. Is nothing more exciting to me than to show them all the places i first saw, tormenta, dark heart, and i do on quiet oceans, dont want to hear the, they to low to play here, but with an attack 44 doll, they able to stay alive even a level 5. Most say i am way to out spoken, and yes i am, only when it comes to defending the low, defending women, my friends, guild, but those who know me as friend and know me in guild know that the jokes are always flying,..and there are no strict rules in my guild accept treat everyone with kindness, and dont cheat, no pvp glitch, and no rep steal. And if you say, you are a guild jumper, maybe only staying a couple days, i cant stand suspense, so you gone in a second. You want a chance to know us, then everyone is welcome. :piratemickey:
I couldn't have stated anything related to this thread better. I hope your guild lives long and prospers.

Back