Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Star

Fantabulous Administrator
Admin
ts.PNG

A special thanks again to @Irene for another terrific medal

Thread will close next Sunday

First! One of my own family christmas traditions is basically the dinner we have! Every year its different and better than the year before :)

Edit: We also have a national tradition called ''Sinterklaas'' however people are acting up about it that its racist and what else. The tradition is based on the bishop from Myra.

First! One of my own family christmas traditions is basically the dinner we have! Every year its different and better than the year before :)

This sounds.... mouth watering ;)

My favorite tradition here is also the dinner but also how we always go out for a walk afterwards in the evening and all the shops are lit up with music playing from pubs and so on, very festive atmosphere! Its more like a family tradition, not sure why we even do it to be honest, but its really cool to be out during christmas day or new years <3

This sounds.... mouth watering ;)

My favorite tradition here is also the dinner but also how we always go out for a walk afterwards in the evening and all the shops are lit up with music playing from pubs and so on, very festive atmosphere! Its more like a family tradition, not sure why we even do it to be honest, but its really cool to be out during christmas day or new years <3
I wish we had that atmosphere over here :happy:

I have no clue how this tradition started and even asked last year and my mother doesn't know, lol. My mom's family (mom, her sister and mother... and myself) basically race to see who can give the 'Christmas Eve gift' first. Now, it's not an actual gift either, just the announcement of it. Back before cell phones, it was a race to see who could call everyone first, saying to each, "Christmas Eve gift!" Now that we have cell phones, we can simply text it. And, so far I've been the one winning more than most because I will stay up till midnight of the 24th and then text everyone at once!

Last edited:
Favorite christmas traditionw hmm... Definitely travelling to the town my aunt and uncle live in for a week and it is amazing!! My cousin is there too so I have some company but Christmas there is awesome nonetheless.

One of our traditions is to eat together at the table! We rarely sit down and eat together, so this is the time of year we can all enjoy that time. A new tradition of mine is to bounce between houses (my own and my fiancé's house) to spend time with everyone for the holidays.

Our tradition is gathering at my parents house on Christmas Eve. For years I dress up as Santa for the little ones and adults alike. Parents slip me a naughty and nice list to review with the believers. This will be the first Christmas in almost 30 years that I will be unable to do this due to recent surgery. I will truly miss doing it. But the memories are precious! I will still be with my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back