HELP PLEASE HELP IM SORRY ITS NOT MY FAULT!

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
I was playing TLOPO calmly. I was playing poker to be exact. As I was playing I cheated and it said CARD SWAP SUCCESSFUL So I thought everything was fine. A few seconds later the chat filled up with this message: JACK CANNONSKULL HAS BEEN CAUGHT CHEATING!
It said this like a ton and it flooded the chat. I turned off TLOPO to re log. WHEN I LOGGED BACK IN I HAD 37k!!!!!!!!! yes 37k,

Before I turned TLOPO off I had 62k!!!!!!! I LOST ALL MY GOLD AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!

HELP please please!

JUST HELP ME PLEASE
@deanaug @Deathsvice @Johnny Telltale @MMDR

Poker is awful @Captain Black

Last edited:
If you get caught cheating, you go to jail and lose all winnings from that game. You really have to learn how to cheat when cheating in poker....
I'm pretty sure it's all the winnings you've earned since you sat down. So if you had been playing for a long time without getting up, and you finally got caught cheating, you'd lose everything you made so far :)

If you get caught cheating, you go to jail and lose all winnings from that game. You really have to learn how to cheat when cheating in poker....

I'm pretty sure it's all the winnings you've earned since you sat down. So if you had been playing for a long time without getting up, and you finally got caught cheating, you'd lose everything you made so far :)

I'm sorry to crush your theories but you are both 100% WRONG!

I'm not that stupid! :)

When I sat down and started playing poker for the first time that day I had 60k. Right before I crashed I had 62k.

Somehow someway what must've happened is that I did cheat and they caught me so I should've lost a tiny bit of money because I had been getting up from the table after every hand. But instead it spammed the message that I cheated and made me loose way more money then I should've. Guys I would've known If this was some stupid error of mine I played POTCO for years and have been playing TLOPO since early Alpha. I really have no idea how this happened. It was a glitch and I feel its very unfair for everyone to just say well Oops sorry. I spent A LONG TIME earing all that gold and I was saving up for a War Brig . My friend @Captain Black can tell you this if you don't believe me.

I really want a developer to respond to this thread if anyone could get one to. Please
Devs.........................

Also please don't spam this thread with a bunch of messages that ITS BETA and I should expect bugs... Lost 30k guys? how would you feel :(

it is how the game works in this case you cheat or card swap there is a chance the game found you cheating
Cheating with Cards
And while a good honest game may be hard to come by, nothing says a little extra something up your sleeve wouldn't hurt?

Pirates may want to Swap cards while playing Blackjack or Poker in the taverns to move the odds in their value.

During the pirate's turn, the game will prompt for them to swap cards. If the pirate chooses to swap a card - they can then choose the suit and value of card - from those in their possession. A card swap may fail. If so, the game continues anyway.But you cannot swap cards again for the rest of the round.

If the pirate swaps for a card that ends up in play by another pirate or the dealer - they are caught cheating. Any gold won during that sitting will be lost, the player will be fined 100 gold, and the pirate is immediately sent to the nearest jail, you will not be groggy upon waking up. The message will say that you have been caught cheating by the dealer, and you have been fined 100 gold. To avoid this, you can stand up every time after cheating then sit back down.

- An almost full Cheat Card Deck

Poker and blackjack are both incredibly broken when it comes to cheat cards. Doesn't work like it did in POTCO at all. You immediately get kicked from the game if you are caught instead of at the end of a hand, most of the time it won't even let you swap the card if its a low card, and then of course all the bugs like this. I hope you can get your gold back. But most importantly I hope the devs fix these issues.

While the loss of 35k gold is awful, I still can't get on my main, and have not been able to since 1.0.6.

the chat filled up with this message: JACK CANNONSKULL HAS BEEN CAUGHT CHEATING!
If what you're saying is correct, it's probably a bug. The following is entirely based on what you're saying - for some unexplainable reason, there was an endless loop that kept on taking your money in increments and you were able to halt its execution by quitting the game. If you were to let it go on, you might have lost more money. Also, did you spawn in jail when you logged in?

The only thing you can currently do is to contact support@tlopo.com, inform them of the bug and start saving up again.

In the future, tread carefully when playing risky parlor games like poker and blackjack to avoid similar losses.

pics or it didn't happen
Yeah, and that. There's no way of confirming it. For all we know, this might have not even happened. Even if it did - the game is in an unpredictable state, so you're technically responsible for your losses (even if you aren't) as you're participating in the game knowing any issues might occur. Just contact support and wait for their reply - the community can't help with this one.

As already mentioned, there's little the staff may do for this in terms of refunding your lost gold. However, you should also include the logs as well. Actually, you must include the logs for support to even be able to start trying to fix this, but as a shot in the dark, I'm going to guess the code that deducts your gold for cheating is on a while loop instead of an if statement.

Back