HELP PLEASE HELP IM SORRY ITS NOT MY FAULT!

While the loss of 35k gold is awful, I still can't get on my main, and have not been able to since 1.0.6.
Wow that's terrible I'm so sorry. I could not get on my main for a while at the end of Alpha and I went crazy. Hope you able to get back on soon :)

pics or it didn't happen
This is rude. How do you take a picture of yourself loosing 30k gold? or are you asking for a pic of the screen saying Jack Cannonskull cheated?

If what you're saying is correct, it's probably a bug. The following is entirely based on what you're saying - for some unexplainable reason, there was an endless loop that kept on taking your money in increments and you were able to halt its execution by quitting the game. If you were to let it go on, you might have lost more money.
Hey, if that's how it worked you should have let it run a bit longer into negative money. You might have logged back in with four billion!

Well this sounds incredibly unfortunate. Screenshots would have definetely helped the moment you suspected something wrong. I am not sure if the development team could give you all that back without proof. It could spur other people to claim the same thing without screenshots. I could be wrong though, and I hope I am. I choose to believe you aren't being deceitful and that this actually occurred even if others may not (not that at any point I feel anyone thinks for sure it did not happen), but it is difficult to see without proof and others to say they have had the same issues.

Yes, because if you don't, how are we supposed to know if you actually lost it or you're just trying to get an easy 30k gold?
I understand that you cant trust me and that I cant truly prove that I lost the gold this way, but your negativity is pretty mean... Here are a few reasons why I might not be lying

1. It is not an easy 30k it will not be easy to get 30k for saying this without any proof.
2. The very fact that I didn't take screenshots shows that this happened quick and I didn't suspect I would loose 30k
3. I could get in trouble for lying on the forums and to the devs.
I understand these are in now way proof of what happened but its about the best I can do. I just didn't think to take screenshots

Well this sounds incredibly unfortunate. Screenshots would have definetely helped the moment you suspected something wrong. I am not sure if the development team could give you all that back without proof. It could spur other people to claim the same thing without screenshots. I could be wrong though, and I hope I am. I choose to believe you aren't being deceitful and that this actually occurred even if others may not (not that at any point I feel anyone thinks for sure it did not happen), but it is difficult to see without proof and others to say they have had the same issues.
Idk what to do...

I earn about 50k gold fishing in just an hour if you are good at it. Stick to an honest living, become a fishermen of the Caribbean.
Amen

I've switched cards in the game and it has said it has worked. It's odd to me that it said it worked for you, but then you got caught cheating...
It really isn't odd right now. I've been 'caught' after card swaps that said they worked, card swaps that said they worked although they clearly didn't do anything, and card swaps that I never even attempted in the first place. Card tables in 1.0.11 be whack.

EDIT: Hi everyone I'd like to edit my post (Not that it will matter) I wrote this thread fast and put 30k but it would've been 25k I lost not 30k. Still too much money to loose for me :(

I understand that you cant trust me and that I cant truly prove that I lost the gold this way, but your negativity is pretty mean... Here are a few reasons why I might not be lying

1. It is not an easy 30k it will not be easy to get 30k for saying this without any proof.
2. The very fact that I didn't take screenshots shows that this happened quick and I didn't suspect I would loose 30k
3. I could get in trouble for lying on the forums and to the devs.
I understand these are in now way proof of what happened but its about the best I can do. I just didn't think to take screenshots
In that case, it is highly unlikely that you will be getting anything

Hi Jack,

I can't speak for the developers or the TLOPO staff, but I doubt they will have time to undo all the problems caused by the bugs in the game. If they did I would be asking for a lot of things I have lost during this beta phase.
Knowing that this bug exists is invaluable and for that your post is much appreciated. I would not get my hopes up for reimbursement, however.

Charles is right - you can earn a lot of cash pretty quickly by fishing. Keep your head up and please continue to report the bugs that you find.

~Kat

You can also still earn a lot of cash pretty quickly by not cheating at poker, although I can see why you might be hesitant to try that option for a while.

I know you don't want to hear this, but it is in fact beta, and you are a tester not a player. You can certainly play the game and have fun but your primary concern should always be testing, if bugs happen and come up, it's oh well and move on. If this was the final release it would be a different story, but I'm sorry to say, because it's beta and you are a tester, that's just how the dice rolled and you have to live with it.

However, if you got screenshots, the devs will probably give you your gold back.
Also I suggest doing blackjack over poker, it's faster, while potentially smaller amounts per round, rounds go much faster, you can chug out a round every 45 seconds(ish) and make 500-1000 per round. it will outscale poker really fast.
Also-also the game will call you out on cheating when the dealer notices there are two of the same card in play (I.E two ace is spades in your hand or one in yours and one in another's hand) it's much easier to avoid getting caught cheating in blackjack cuz you can always see the other players hand, allowing you to get up as soon as you see a double and avoid getting caught.
Lastly, while I'm sorry it happened and I certainly empathize with you, it's important to remember you're a tester and not a player.

I think if you go into Program Files(86)>TLOPO>logs you can attach the appropriate log to your email to support, that shows everything from that play session, so a glitch of that nature should show up there I think.
If you haven't played since the incident, it will be the file at the bottom. If you have logged since it happened, then look for the one with a title containing whatever time/date it was that you logged out when the glitch happened.

someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm new to error logs XD

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
I was playing TLOPO calmly. I was playing poker to be exact. As I was playing I cheated and it said CARD SWAP SUCCESSFUL So I thought everything was fine. A few seconds later the chat filled up with this message: JACK CANNONSKULL HAS BEEN CAUGHT CHEATING!
It said this like a ton and it flooded the chat. I turned off TLOPO to re log. WHEN I LOGGED BACK IN I HAD 37k!!!!!!!!! yes 37k,

Before I turned TLOPO off I had 62k!!!!!!! I LOST ALL MY GOLD AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!

HELP please please!

JUST HELP ME PLEASE
@deanaug @Deathsvice @Johnny Telltale @MMDR

Poker is awful @Captain Black
Welcome to cheating at poker, yes you will be found out often, yes jail is in your future, yes your pockets will be lightened. Save cheating for when your gold stash is huge

I know you don't want to hear this, but it is in fact beta, and you are a tester not a player. You can certainly play the game and have fun but your primary concern should always be testing, if bugs happen and come up, it's oh well and move on. If this was the final release it would be a different story, but I'm sorry to say, because it's beta and you are a tester, that's just how the dice rolled and you have to live with it.

However, if you got screenshots, the devs will probably give you your gold back.
Also I suggest doing blackjack over poker, it's faster, while potentially smaller amounts per round, rounds go much faster, you can chug out a round every 45 seconds(ish) and make 500-1000 per round. it will outscale poker really fast.
Also-also the game will call you out on cheating when the dealer notices there are two of the same card in play (I.E two ace is spades in your hand or one in yours and one in another's hand) it's much easier to avoid getting caught cheating in blackjack cuz you can always see the other players hand, allowing you to get up as soon as you see a double and avoid getting caught.
Lastly, while I'm sorry it happened and I certainly empathize with you, it's important to remember you're a tester and not a player.
TBH I'm so tired of people saying this. I know this is Wrong but I treat the game more like its been fully released because I feel it is very close to full release. I also know this sounds selfish but I might've felt better if I knew I was being recognized in some way or form for helping test the game since Alpha. I understand this is selfish and as much as I don't like your message, I understand your point and I agree with you :)

Back