Blog Post Hollowed Woods Early Return!

I'd like to see the green hair color since we have Hollowed woods why not having the hair color related to it as well?

Is this Hollowed Woods release tied into in-game lore, at all? it ruins the immersion for me personally, playing a Halloween map, grinding Halloween content, killing Halloween bosses in May. It also devalues the integrity of the event in my opinion, building up what is without question the most popular event behind the whole time and concept of Halloween, and then throwing that out the window, releasing it cause of the virus.

I understand it is a small sacrifice to make (I guess) for the sake of giving people things to play, but then with that in mind, why release it on a double loot event, quickening the progression of content that players are presented with?

I'm just confused honestly, seems like the release of this event is trying to go two ways.

Yes, to get to Windshadow it seems you have to do both the quest for Double XP & the quest to actually get to Windshadow and loot it.

Mr. Lord, can you summarize what quests are needed for the sphere? Is it the ring quest and what else? What is a double rep quest?
I've been given the windshadow directive by Myrna, and took him out, but when I return to her she said I didn't get the sphere?
I'm missing something here. Is the sphere a legendary with the same RNG as other bosses, meaning you may have a potential hundreds of kills to loot it in a skull? Am I supposed to be digging something after he's eliminated? Something in the room?

Okay, I found some stuff, but not sure what the Haunting in the Hollowed Woods quest is. Is that what was last season. Or is it still available.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Mr. Lord, can you summarize what quests are needed for the sphere? Is it the ring quest and what else? What is a double rep quest?
I've been given the windshadow directive by Myrna, and took him out, but when I return to her she said I didn't get the sphere?
I'm missing something here. Is the sphere a legendary with the same RNG as other bosses, meaning you may have a potential hundreds of kills to loot it in a skull? Am I supposed to be digging something after he's eliminated? Something in the room?
Thanks.
So the quest you actually need in order to have the chance to LOOT the legendary weapon (which would make it another item that is determined by RNG 'Random Number Generator' when you go and defeat Capt. Windshadow) is the quest that comes AFTER the FIRST quest in hollowed woods (the one that gives you the 2x XP) named "A Haunting in Hollowed Woods". After you beat the FIRST quest you are given access to the SECOND quest named "Storms in Hollowed Woods". At the END of the SECOND quest you are given access to Capt. Windshadow where you will then farm him to try and obtain the legendary "Storm Sphere". The SECOND quest does NOT automatically give you the legendary weapon after completion.
-
So to sum up all that mess up there, you need to complete both quests to get access to the boss (Windshadow) and kill him over and over until RNG loves you and gives you the legendary weapon.
;)

Last edited:
So the quest you actually need in order to have the chance to LOOT the legendary weapon (which would make it another item that is determined by RNG 'Random Number Generator' when you go and defeat Capt. Windshadow) is the quest that comes AFTER the FIRST quest in hollowed woods (the one that gives you the 2x XP) named "A Haunting in Hollowed Woods". After you beat the FIRST quest you are given access to the SECOND quest named "Storms in Hollowed Woods". At the END of the SECOND quest you are given access to Capt. Windshadow where you will then farm him to try and obtain the legendary "Storm Sphere". The SECOND quest does NOT automatically give you the legendary weapon after completion.
-
So to sum up all that mess up there, you need to complete both quests to get access to the boss (Windshadow) and kill him over and over until RNG loves you and gives you the legendary weapon.
;)
Thank you very much, however what IS the first quest itself. the haunting? I did the ring quest and did the storms?
So, like d'oh, since I have access to the second quest and defeated windy, I must assume I have the first one banked? Too much rum.
Guess the reason I'm confused is I can go inside and kill windy without having any quests if I hang with a mob. Correct?

Thank you very much, however what IS the first quest itself. the haunting? I did the ring quest and did the storms?
First quest is: "A Haunting in Hollowed Woods". If you were able to get the second quest, which was: "Storms in Hollowed Woods", that means you had already completed the first quest. Better yet if you had access to Capt. Windshadow at all (and could walk through the Town Hall Door to get to him) that pretty much means you completed both quests. Thus giving you the ability to loot the legendary weapon also.

First quest is: "A Haunting in Hollowed Woods". If you were able to get the second quest, which was: "Storms in Hollowed Woods", that means you had already completed the first quest. Better yet if you had access to Capt. Windshadow at all (and could walk through the Town Hall Door to get to him) that pretty much means you completed both quests. Thus giving you the ability to loot the legendary weapon also.
Ah okay. I'm almost positive that I walked into the town hall last October and when a bunch of people were there and killed him. Or am I hulluciating and confusing watcher because windy wasn't even in the game last October? Jeez me patch.

Ah okay. I'm almost positive that I walked into the town hall last October and when a bunch of people were there and killed him. Or am I hulluciating and confusing watcher because windy wasn't even in the game last October? Jeez me patch.
If Windy = Windshadow, he was there last October because that was the time I had actually became the first pirate (to my knowledge, as I checked with the mods and all over the internet to find nothing) to solo him after the developers made their special announcements about the difficulties of the boss. (Or perhaps that was the October before last... I forget...) Which his difficulty showed to be true! - his AI was not nearly as broken then as what it was here recently and his grenade shots never missed you!

Last edited:
If Windy = Windshadow, he was there last October because that was the time I had actually became the first pirate (to my knowledge) to solo him after the developers made their special announcements about the difficulties of the boss. (Or perhaps that was the October before last... I forget...) Which his difficulty showed to be true! - his AI was not nearly as broken then as what it was here recently and his grenade shots never missed you!
Good, I'm not losing my mind. Yet. I didn't have any of the quests in there last year, but I walked in and defeated him a few times with groups, by myself never.
So, that's why I'm not clear on the haunted quest and what it was. Was the haunted one the one with the ring and the dead couple remembering everything. Yes, windy is windshadow and apparently he's infected my mind.

Good, I'm not losing my mind. Yet. I didn't have any of the quests in there last year, but I walked in and defeated him a few times with groups, by myself never.
So, that's why I'm not clear on the haunted quest and what it was. Was the haunted one the one with the ring and the dead couple remembering everything. Yes, windy is windshadow and apparently he's infected my mind.
Yes the haunted (first) quest is the one with the ring and with the dead couple remembering everything.

Back