How to board a ship

Enemy ship? Look for one that has a flag above its name. Once you depleted the enemy's health points you have to use your on-deck cannons with grappling hook ammo selected. Aim at the green circles on the enemy ship, then you will get a pop up message to Board or Parley (not board the ship and sink it). Once on board of the enemy's ship you must fight the soldiers on deck to plunder the ship.

Enemy ship? Look for one that has a flag above its name. Once you depleted the enemy's health points you have to use your on-deck cannons with grappling hook ammo selected. Aim at the green circles on the enemy ship, then you will get a pop up message to Board or Parley (not board the ship and sink it). Once on board of the enemy's ship you must fight the soldiers on deck to plunder the ship.
Thank you.

remember the old days when you could actually ATTACK the ship's crew before swinging across using grape shot rounds?

Be warned, when you first land all the enemies are stacked together and will attack at the same time. So either wait for them to come at you, or used ranged weapons at first.

I forgot to mention you have 5 minutes to hook your ship to the enemy ship. That is more than enough time; grappling the enemy ship typically takes 30 seconds to 1 minute.

remember the old days when you could actually ATTACK the ship's crew before swinging across using grape shot rounds?

Be warned, when you first land all the enemies are stacked together and will attack at the same time. So either wait for them to come at you, or used ranged weapons at first.

The ships also blew up in a spectacular ball of fire as they went down. I remember attacking the bulwark flagship at devils anvil all the time just to watch that when I was a low level lol. Now grapeshot is useless. Should let you still kill some of the crew with it before you bored. At least send them out in waves and let you kill the first wave off with it. Although I remember killing them with regular cannon shot as well. Just a matter of aiming lol.

Back