Guide  How to clear your cache file

Bad

Admin
Ahoy Mates,

In this guide I will show you how to clear (or delete which ever you want to call it) your CACHE file.

Edit:
Bad said:
By clearing the cache file I noticed a bit of difference in lag. Also, if you are getting frequent disconnects from the game, clearing your cache file helps. Also helps on bringing back the missing servers from the glitch that some get when loggin in these days.
First you start out by going to 'My Computer' and click on it. IK Mine doesnt say my computer xD
My Computer.jpg

Second, go to your C: Drive
CDrive.jpg

Third, Look for your 'Program Files(x86)' and click on it.
ProgramFiles.jpg

If your pc does not have Program Files(x86) folder but it does have a 'Program Files' folder, most likely the Disney folder will be in there.

Fourth Step, locate the Disney Folder and click on it.
Disney Folder.jpg

Then Click on 'Disney Online' - then 'Pirates Online'

Fifth Step, Click on your 'Cache' folder
Cache Folder.jpg

Sixth step, Select all the 'TXO Files' by pressing CTRL + A. After all are selected, press 'Delete' on your Keyboard.
TXO FIles.jpg

Final Step, Delete (or Empty) the files from you 'Recycle Bin'

You're Done.

Thanks, Bad. I remembering reading about this here on the forums but...never actually knew which files to eliminate (or whether I should delete 'all'). *Good info. :D

Also...for what it's worth, by doing this what advantages result? Will less LAG occur?

Thanks, Bad. I remembering reading about this here on the forums but...never actually knew which files to eliminate (or whether I should delete 'all'). *Good info. :D

Also...for what it's worth, by doing this what advantages result? Will less LAG occur?
Yw :D

Aah. I knew I forgot to post something up there xD. I do notice a bit of difference in lag. Also, if you are getting frequent disconnects from the game, clearing your cache file helps. Also helps on bringing back the missing servers from the glitch that some get when loggin in these days.

it did let me log in after the cache just a question what are the cache files??????????!!

Thanks, came here after you made that comment on the lag of CD........ I did notice a difference also Swift Foot glitch works MUCH better with this.:)

Thanks,

Hector Goldmenace.

you can delete the entire folder it automaticly makes a new one, this is also doable with screenshots and that does reduce lag quite a bit, i remember before i knew what screenshots were i used them to glitch and i had 36k screenshots and it took me 2 hours to delete them all xD

Kevin,

Since Pirates is an online game it can take time to retrieve needed files over and over again, so many of them are downloaded and stored in that folder so they can called up quicker the next time.

But, over time and between versions, the files become too unweildy or worse - out of date. So, clearing the folder means that when the game runs the next time it will refill that folder again with the more current information.

Mic, they can most anything related to the appearance and actions of the game - things like texture files etc. Screenshots are kept in another folder.

what is a normal amount to have? i had 685 in there. Is that alot??
and does this work for toontown too? :)

ill have like several thousand after a week. so i clean mine out often (when im playing alot)

what is a normal amount to have? i had 685 in there. Is that alot??
and does this work for toontown too? :)
The folder can have 1200 up to 16oo txo files.

I believe toontown is the same as any other online game. So my answer would be yes.

alright question. I see some 'BAM' files. do i delete these also?
:confused: Bam files? Are they in the cache folder? If so I haven't noticed that, but I always delete every single file in the cache folder. All I do is ctrl + A then delete lol. I don't go over those files. :)

:confused: Bam files? Are they in the cache folder? If so I haven't noticed that, but I always delete every single file in the cache folder. All I do is ctrl + A then delete lol. I don't go over those files. :)
Yea lol. Ok then i guess its fine if i delete them to :D

Back