Question I assume playing tlopo with a controller will land me with a ban?

I have used a controller in game before and to be honest I never thought about that lol.

As it had no autoclicking or any other auto function ( I have never used anything like that) on it I assumed it would be ok.

I would like to know aswell.

You mean a Game Controller / Game Pad right?

It's not the same as a keystroke app.

One of my old guildmates from my Uncle's Mafia days posted this for the original POTCO:

"I use a Microsoft Sidewinder and a program called JoyToKey to map the keys. I enjoy it much more because I was never a big fan of WASD. I've used it with several Online games and several Offline games & never had a problem with it. If your get tired of the keyboard, check it out. The Joytokey program is FREE!"

You mean a Game Controller / Game Pad right?

It's not the same as a keystroke app.

One of my old guildmates from my Uncle's Mafia days posted this for the original POTCO:

"I use a Microsoft Sidewinder and a program called JoyToKey to map the keys. I enjoy it much more because I was never a big fan of WASD. I've used it with several Online games and several Offline games & never had a problem with it. If your get tired of the keyboard, check it out. The Joytokey program is FREE!"
Good question. As tlopo doesn't have any keybind features available to players up front, would keymapping with a 3rd party be considered illegal?
I would love to look around while running, like in WOW but we can only do it sailing and a keybind may make this possible, but possibly illegal. IDK.

I have actually been experimenting with Joystick to Keyboard apps and testing playing Legends with an X-Box Controller. It's not overly awkward though my Trackball is still smoother. Sadly I did note that some of those apps have an Auto-Click option.

Personally I have no desire to use an auto-clicker. But, people could be using third party apps right now. Disney also didn't like players using third party CHAT appears like X-Fire because it meant avoiding their chat restrictions. And obviously players are out there using Discord etc. to chat with or voice chat while playing. Their primary concern then was protecting player profiles and ID theft issues with chat.

Its not hard to figure out if someone's using auto-clickers. I watched a player have two running at once in POTCO. One pirate was busy swinging a sword as MOBs spawned, while their alt auto-healed on a timed cycle.

Just in time with this thread! I'm planning on configuring a Gamecube remote to TLOPO as well. Since it won't give me any advantages (it will probably hinder me since I can't move the camera) I don't see a reason why it'd be against the rules.

Going by previous posts, any third party program used to rebind keys is considered cheating. So, being that there is no way to rebind keys in-game. It's just apparently considered cheating in any way. It's likely considered cheating, and if it's not that is contradictory to every other statement they have provided before.
Here are two examples that I quickly found.
On the topic, are key macros against the rules? I have a mouse that I can bind key shortcuts to with a button, such as clicking 999 times as fast as the computer can register something, or pressing a button bound to T, or executing a whole combo with a click.

Iv never used it before, because I dont have a need to, but would that be considered cheating theoretically?
Ahoy, @RottenBeard!

Yes, any form of Third-Party Program (Including official Macro Binding software for peripherals such as Razer, SteelSeries, etc.) is considered cheating and will most likely result in a warning or ban being placed on your account. More information can be found here.

Fair Winds,
Misha
https://piratesforums.co/threads/is-this-against-the-rules.27226/#post-358430
If I were to bind my "mouse wheel down" to "left click", would I still get banned for the dagger glitch by clicking really fast when in reality I technically wouldnt be using an autoclicking software or macro?
:buds:
No, binding your keyboard is against the Terms of Service. You’re not the one operating the mouse and if someone is caught doing so, they will be banned.
https://piratesforums.co/threads/dear-mods.26984/#post-354740

Last edited:
I read shortly ago TLOPO’s terms and also Disney services terms. (Made an attempt too, but was unsuccessful/kinda gave up, in trying to locate POTCO’s own terms via ‘wayback machine.’ Might take more time to locate sufficient version of POTCO’s).

Anyway, Disney services terms talk about “expedited” gameplay along with automatic applications. If TLOPO’s terms are sought to match Disney’s, as long as use of a controller does not overly speed up things for the player or give them a unfair advantage...I might be wrong in saying this but it should be OK.

TLOPO is going to have to clarify this.

Going by previous posts, any third party program used to rebind keys is considered cheating. So, being that there is no way to rebind keys in-game. It's just apparently considered cheating in any way. It's likely considered cheating, and if it's not that is contradictory to every other statement they have provided before.
Here are two examples that I quickly found.
To me those posts are asking about assigning a key or button to click multiple times with one press. (If i understood correctly)
That is auto clicking and against the rules as it gives the player an advantage in game.
Im talking about simply using a ps3 controller instead of keyboard and mouse.
I still need to constantly press the assigned button for attack as many times as i do with a mouse.
This gives no advantege in game whatsoever imo.

As far as my knowledge extends, key-binding is fine. You can switch keys around without harm. When it is used to exploit areas of the game's mechanics, then that results in a ban.

In-depth questions can also be answered by support by emailing support@tlopo.com.
I would surmise any kind of key binding now is illegal as tlopo does not allow anywhere to do your own keybinds, thus to do so would be a 3rd party or device. If it was okay to keybind or change something, it would be in the game.

I read shortly ago TLOPO’s terms and also Disney services terms. (Made an attempt too, but was unsuccessful/kinda gave up, in trying to locate POTCO’s own terms via ‘wayback machine.’ Might take more time to locate sufficient version of POTCO’s).

Anyway, Disney services terms talk about “expedited” gameplay along with automatic applications. If TLOPO’s terms are sought to match Disney’s, as long as use of a controller does not overly speed up things for the player or give them a unfair advantage...I might be wrong in saying this but it should be OK.

TLOPO is going to have to clarify this.
In game security and systems, adding any 3rd party mod or software can introduce not only cheating, but malware or theft codes. So, there's that.
But also, if your device or software has any capability to spam key or whatever, then the game developers have to err on the side of safety and protection and say can't use it completely, because they are not going to go on some strangers word that "it's okay I'm not going to use that keybind, just the one where I can walk sideways."
No, better to omit the whole device or program than depend on players integrity. But that's my take on and limited experience from observation..

Back