Guide I made a Steam Controller configuration for TLOPO

Iok11

Sea Legs
fTJhUFB.png

I'm not sure how to upload them so if anyone wants to help me out that would be nice.

Everything is working smoothly, almost as if the game was native for steam controller. I find myself holding the grip button (Right click) a lot for precise camera control with the touchpad, the only issue is that you'd probably have to do the chatting on a keyboard. I'll enjoy playing the game on a steam controller from now on.

You have to add TLOPO as a non-steam game for this to work, then launch TLOPO in Big Picture mode and run my configuration. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, I'll try to help out as much as I can. I hope this will benefit some people looking to play on the Steam Controller :)

Happy plundering!

Attachments

• fTJhUFB - Imgur.png
    fTJhUFB - Imgur.png
    598.9 KB · Views: 499
This looks great! As someone who is planning to invest in a steam controller soon, this will be very accommodating! Thank you! The only problems that come to mind are using abilities like lifedrain, which is 8. Again, looks great! +1

I'm curious, as steam controllers = xbox 360 controller in terms of games typically on steam, do you know if this can be done through a 360 controller? I can try when I have play time again, but I have a 360 controller for steam games, and not a steam controller.

Thanks!

Thanks for doing this, I just ordered a steam controller a few days ago so this is excellent timing. I wonder if the controller could be made to scroll through special attacks in addition to buttons for them to accommodate for weapons with 8 special abilities?

This looks great! As someone who is planning to invest in a steam controller soon, this will be very accommodating! Thank you! The only problems that come to mind are using abilities like lifedrain, which is 8. Again, looks great! +1

Maybe there's a different way to get all the abilities, you could perhaps configure the click on the right pad to be a d-pad on top of being the mouse. I'd just use the mouse for abilities 8 and higher, clunky, but it works

I'm curious, as steam controllers = xbox 360 controller in terms of games typically on steam, do you know if this can be done through a 360 controller? I can try when I have play time again, but I have a 360 controller for steam games, and not a steam controller.

Thanks!

The main difference is that the steam controller has grip buttons on the back and the left and right pad are touch pads instead of a d-pad and stick. Using the right stick on a 360 controller as a mouse would not be as optimal as the touch pad on the Steam Controller.

Thanks for doing this, I just ordered a steam controller a few days ago so this is excellent timing. I wonder if the controller could be made to scroll through special attacks in addition to buttons for them to accommodate for weapons with 8 special abilities?

I believe there is a way to configure a quick select overlay for the steam controller, perhaps this is a solution for abilities 8 and higher. I'm a noob at advanced configurations, I just tossed up something that worked and I'm proud that I did.

I attempted to do something similar a while back with a ps4 controller due to the central touch pad but it was clunky and felt bad since you cant navigate the game with just the keyboard and that touchpad on the PS4 controller is real touchy

Question: has anyone played the game through steam yet? I tried to recently with a PS4 controller mapped very similar but once I launched the game in the full screen mode for Steam, the game still opens in a separate window and the controlled no longer works.

I always wondered how this game would work with a controller. They arnt my preference, but its fun to think about.
good work! :buds:

I just found this thread months after it was created, and after messing around with my xbox controller and big picture steam, i was finally able to create a comfortable set up with my old xbox 360 controller.

And the only bad part about it is the controller is a bit messed up, not the actually set up

Thank you so much for posting this!

Back