I pick the worst time slots

At least you get to play the game.
At least they chose to start it up again for -your- sake.
If you can't take the updates daily then just don't play until it's fixed, leave that time slot for someone else who understands that updates is important no matter when and no matter how often to make the game better.
If they wouldn't update we would have constant crashes and probably errors no matter where we go but i guess you would rather have that than a complete game that is working right?

I don't care if i can't play at some times because of updating. At least they do update it often and it do help out the game.
No need to complain about updates taking time when you're the one who chose to play on the could almost say early access beta where they even warn about updates ruining game times.

I understand updates are important
there are just
better ways of releasing them/compromising so that nobody gets really angry (like myself)

I don't wait 10 hours just to be kicked off with nothing.
I could care less about the bugs

whenever I try to reschedule, the next 10 slots are taken up
and when I get to the next available it updates

Yep, part of being a beta test. Understand that the reason we are here playing at all is for them (the dev's) so they can work out the bugs. We're not here playing a completed game. If you get in some game time be grateful.

I've had my time slots interrupted too, but I'd rather development wasn't bottlenecked by community convenience.

It won't be bottlenecked if they SIMPLY GIVE US A LITTLE COMPENSATION in time
I can't come on in the middle of the day when they aren't updating because I have school

Yep, part of being a beta test. Understand that the reason we are here playing at all is for them (the dev's) so they can work out the bugs. We're not here playing a completed game. If you get in some game time be grateful.

*sigh*
*starts crying*
can we have one seperate server that only gets large updates at a time

Of course that can be very annoying but you also have to understand that people begged for a release for so long and now they finally brought it. It crashes, memory errors, mobs, ship ai and there are more errors than those which can be very annoying..
But to be honest i would rather wait and accept that the game is updating and getting better than to complain about updates.
Imo i would rather see the game complete or at least crash free or such as fast as possible which requires the constant updates / day.

So i'm actually looking for more updates / day if its possible because then we would be able to enjoy it much more much sooner.

Of course that can be very annoying but you also have to understand that people begged for a release for so long and now they finally brought it. It crashes, memory errors, mobs, ship ai and there are more errors than those which can be very annoying..
But to be honest i would rather wait and accept that the game is updating and getting better than to complain about updates.
Imo i would rather see the game complete or at least crash free or such as fast as possible which requires the constant updates / day.

So i'm actually looking for more updates / day if its possible because then we would be able to enjoy it much more much sooner.

right now it is better than POTCO bug-wise as far as I am concerned

*sigh*
*starts crying*
can we have one seperate server that only gets large updates at a time
You need to be glad that this is an open beta and you get any playing time at all.

I've been on alpha & beta tests that required you to submit a crash report each time you had an issue in the game so they can gather all your files and the game files to diagnose the issues. We are doing this for THEM, not for us, I hope you can understand that.

My last post, Maj out

It won't be bottlenecked if they SIMPLY GIVE US A LITTLE COMPENSATION in time
I can't come on in the middle of the day when they aren't updating because I have school
Any time the team has to add playtimes into their equation and restrict when they can or can't update is bottlenecking the beta phase. Considering they're taking time out of their spare hours away from work/school to work on a labor of love, the development should probably be based around the team's discretion rather than the playerbase's.

Most of the updates so far have taken less than 30 minutes. I have also gotten updates during all of my playtimes- just check back every few minutes until it's done, and then you can resume the rest of your time.

All you have to do is be patient and make sure to keep being engaged w/ the News Tab & IRC chat to ensure when there will be updates, and if those don't help, they always vary depending on level of requirement.

However, I digress. You may seem unlucky now, but there are plenty of other pirates whom wished they had your play-slot! Be grateful, friend.

~George

All you have to do is be patient and make sure to keep being engaged w/ the News Tab & IRC chat to ensure when there will be updates, and if those don't help, they always vary depending on level of requirement.

However, I digress. You may seem unlucky now, but there are plenty of other pirates whom wished they had your play-slot! Be grateful, friend.

~George

The IRC doesn't work for me anymore
it just continually says 'joining'

Back