In regards to Pirates of the Caribbean Online Rewritten

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH I see how it is. What would make you think I dont want to see a POTCOR? I must have been unclear. I have said that I would love to see the project succeed, I have never EVER Stated that I would want the project itself to fail. I however disagree with some of the things that have been done. Like donations for instance. Or how in the dark the community is.

General reminder:

Please talk like adults and keep your cool.

Constructive criticism (and responses) are perfectly fine, but don't let emotions get in the way and remember the future is ever-changing and uncertain. You never know what can happen.

I have more faith in the project than I used to, though I am still a bit unsure of how certain dynamics might come into play and I hope the game, when released, will be maintained professionally. Only time will tell, and anything said about the project at this point is conjecture, my opinions included.

Now I'm a skeptical person, I still do have my doubts about another remake... but so far the progress has made me hopeful that one day I will finally get to play the game that consumed so many of my hours in the past and hope it will succeed and stay around for many years to come.

I may be getting old, and have little time to play the game when it does return... if? err... skeptic.. when it returns! But I am a pirate at heart and I will enjoy playing for as long as I can

:p

I hope the game, when released, will be maintained professionally. Only time will tell, and anything said about the project at this point is conjecture, my opinions included.

This is the only fear I have for another remake. Many and me included have felt and or seen the unprofessional side of another remake. I feel its something they should work on. Just my 2 cents to help out another remake.

This is the only fear I have for another remake. Many and me included have felt and or seen the unprofessional side of another remake. I feel its something they should work on. Just my 2 cents to help out another remake.
tumblr_inline_n5rag3q1jr1ro4hyr.gif
Agreed

Ahoy mates!

I would like to shed some light on these discussions, yes, there have been a lack of updates released to the public. Yes, another remake's development is quite a bit slower than TTR. Let me explain a few things about the staff at another remake.

We are not children. We did not get a summer break to spend all hours of the day coding.

That would have been fantastic! I would love to work on another remake day in and day out, but I have a job to do everyday and I don't have the option of not going. I have a family to provide for and I need money to fund my time here on the internet. As for the other staff members, they are also mostly adults that have their own professions. First and foremost our duty is to our real life. Secondly, our duty is to another remake. I spend about 16 hours a day at work. When I get home I get on another remake and all I see is negativity about my work and the time I spend on it. It really makes me personally not motivated to do much.

My only true motivation, and the motivation to most of the staff has become less and less focused on the community. When you deal with negative posts each and everyday, it makes an impact. We want POTCO to come back just as bad as you do, and we are working towards it as much as we can. There are also several other staff members that are dealing with loss of very close family members and frequent hospital visits. They can't sit down and code all day every day either.

We would love for this to be our job, but another remake isn't. It really is more of a hobby, and one that you all have seem to lost faith in. We aren't excited to release updates anymore, we aren't excited to hop on the forums and interact with the community because the majority of posts are negative. This is in no way shape or form pointed towards you Tyler, I have just finally had the time to sit down and reply to one of these posts with a common theme.

If you would like to talk more about another remake and it's development and why there isn't much of it, please feel free to add me on Skype, or PM me here. I would love to explain whatever you would like in the most detail that I am allowed.

I bow my head to all of you in utter defeat, my job is to continue to develop the community and keep you all excited for another remake, clearly. I have failed.

*Cough* Now you know how PotHS felt *Cough* Secondly, Nobody should trust you to make a game if you lied about getting the rights to PotCO from the Getko. For people who claimed to want no profit or donations, you sure seem to take a lot from the community. At least PotHS had a little honesty and an excuse for lack of updates, that being he was the only dev vs. another remake having a so claimed full team of devs.

*Cough* Now you know how PotHS felt *Cough* Secondly, Nobody should trust you to make a game if you lied about getting the rights to PotCO from the Getko. For people who claimed to want no profit or donations, you sure seem to take a lot from the community. At least PotHS had a little honesty and an excuse for lack of updates, that being he was the only dev vs. another remake having a so claimed full team of devs.
I honestly don't see the comparison at all. another remake is a non-profit group of players that are recreating a game, while POTHS was an independent game. You all find the similarities for some reason that don't exist. They are completely unrelated. Unfortunately, the entire team was left in the dark from the get go in the way that "rights" were obtained. I would also like to point out the fact that rights were also "obtained" in the exact same way for TTR. As I've stated countless times, mine as well shout it out to everyone every time I make a post. If Disney wants to close TTR or another remake, then there is absolutely nothing either team can do about it. We've stated before that if Disney wants us to discontinue what we are doing, then we will shut down. It really isn't that hard to grasp.

I have also not seen where we have claimed to have a "full" team of devs.

For people who claimed to want no profit or donations, you sure seem to take a lot from the community.

We have also stated that we are not taking any type of donations or profit for the development of another remake. We are taking them simply to fund the forums. When you submit to donate, it is stated there that you are donating strictly for the forums and not the development of another remake. So, I'm not sure where this is being taken in. I'm sure you aren't very informed about another remake much anymore, considering that you violated our terms and conditions on the forums and was banned there many months ago.

*Cough* Now you know how PotHS felt *Cough* Secondly, Nobody should trust you to make a game if you lied about getting the rights to PotCO from the Getko.
I'm sure you aren't very informed about another remake much anymore, considering that you violated our terms and conditions on the forums and was banned there many months ago.

As a friendly reminder, no flaming, please. :)

I know that most of us had strong ties and feelings to our beloved game and we did not want to see the game simply fade away. I feel and understand everyone's frustrations about the issues regarding another remake. The idea behind another remake, I hope we can all say, was all in good intentions to try to preserve a quite precious part of our lives. I do not believe the leaders of the another remake project would purposely give a dishonorable image to their honorable idea. Many see another remake as a substitute for POTCO and the strong feelings that were had for the game can push people into a grey-area in terms of what we want achieved and what actually can be achieved. @Snivelwhipps , I see your frustration at another remake leaving the majority of the public in the dark and that was not ethical of them to do so. POTHS, as my understanding, was a good contender in a new POTCO "solution" and it was a shame to see the project be demolished in such as fashion. @Tom O'fury , as a prominent member of the another remake team, you have every right to defend your work and team members and forums etc. But the public, your audience/supporters/future players, are the people you are trying to please, shall we say. It is hard to inform them of a mistake or slip-up. But, I believe that it would be the right action to take. So we can let chaos ensue and just have everyone become more confused, I think that's most of us, or try to make light of a tough situation and ease this brewing tension.
Long live POTCO!

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Tom O'fury, post: 158324, member: 716]"I'm sure you aren't very informed about another remake much anymore, considering that you violated our terms and conditions on the forums and was banned there many months ago.

As a friendly reminder, no flaming, please. :)

I know that most of us had strong ties and feelings to our beloved game and we did not want to see the game simply fade away. I feel and understand everyone's frustrations about the issues regarding another remake. The idea behind another remake, I hope we can all say, was all in good intentions to try to preserve a quite precious part of our lives. I do not believe the leaders of the another remake project would purposely give a dishonorable image to their honorable idea. Many see another remake as a substitute for POTCO and the strong feelings that were had for the game can push people into a grey-area in terms of what we want achieved and what actually can be achieved. @Snivelwhipps , I see your frustration at another remake leaving the majority of the public in the dark and that was not ethical of them to do so. POTHS, as my understanding, was a good contender in a new POTCO "solution" and it was a shame to see the project be demolished in such as fashion. @Tom O'fury , as a prominent member of the another remake team, you have every right to defend your work and team members and forums etc. But the public, your audience/supporters/future players, are the people you are trying to please, shall we say. It is hard to inform them of a mistake or slip-up. But, I believe that it would be the right action to take. So we can let chaos ensue and just have everyone become more confused, I think that's most of us, or try to make light of a tough situation and ease this brewing tension.
Long live POTCO![/QUOTE]
Well said my fine sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back