Inventory Space Becoming More and More Concerning

Is inventory space a legitmate concern?

• Yes, it needs to be addressed

Votes: 102 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then why on earth did they add more items?!?!

That's why this argument doesn't make any sense! If inventories were a true problem and there are bugs with them then it makes absolutely no sense to add more items in this hollowed woods!
But there ARE bugs with the inventory. And I would like to point out, as someone else has mentioned, they're adding 50 new items, and surely to goodness, they aren't ALL legendary, or famed, so they won't be that collectable. My point is, I personally would like to see other small bugs, regarding inventory, and otherwise be fixed before more inventory is added. I'm not against it, I just don't see it as a really big, game breaking big. Too many other things not working at all, or flat out missing from the game, to make this top priority.

I'd like to see that implanted into TLOPO to have more inventory. Maybe an option to spend gold to buy more inventory room. Instead of just putting extra inventory for everyone who might not want or need but that's just me. I would want more room in my weapons and clothing inventory. I try to keep it fitting after organizing it but some things I do want to keep and not trash it so it would be great to have this feature. Option to spend your gold to buy more inventory space instead of giving it by default to everyone who might not want or need.
I love this idea a lot since I have max gold and to me, gold is worth nothing and I feel like we should have more of an economic system so we can use the gold to buy goodies besides, Ship Upgrades, Ammo, Weapons, and other stuff.

Last edited:
While I would love more inventory space, it's not on the top of my "Things I Want In TLOPO" list. I'd prefer fixed cannon rams and sailing items before the devs were to implement more inventory space. I'm okay being patient.

While I would love more inventory space, it's not on the top of my "Things I Want In TLOPO" list. I'd prefer fixed cannon rams and sailing items before the devs were to implement more inventory space. I'm okay being patient.

I agree with Marc. It's not my main priority. I would much prefer the infinite loading screen glitch to be a higher priority for the devs.

I can agree though, with the hallowed woods coming out with the addition of new items, this is gonna become a larger issue.

Here's the problem, in POTCO, I've never had a problem with inventory space and still don't in TLOPO. I know some people like clothes and weapons, but it was your choice to collect brights and quest clothing.

It would be so nice to have extra storage space. I still like my idea of being able to have storage somewhere that you can't access from anywhere, like having buried treasure so you can keep things that you don't necessarily want to trash but don't need to carry with you everywhere you go. Although I am not sure that the inventory problem is the most urgent problem that needs fixing. I am still waiting for the BP Quest to be fixed so I can get the Leadership Skill that I already earned by completing the entire darn quest and freeing the Black Pearl.

Im at a point right now in TLOPO where I havent played in a long while, one of the reasons for this is because my inventory is completely unique. For me to collect a new famed weapon I have to throw another one away and that kinda takes away from the experience in my opinion so im hesitant to play again and loot because of the fact ill have to throw more stuff away

Im at a point right now in TLOPO where I havent played in a long while, one of the reasons for this is because my inventory is completely unique. For me to collect a new famed weapon I have to throw another one away and that kinda takes away from the experience in my opinion so im hesitant to play again and loot because of the fact ill have to throw more stuff away
fear no more! more inventory space is officially coming!

With all due respect, I'd like to remind you, that although they committed to making the game better, they never once said outright "this means more inventory space! So hoard loot to your hearts content!" They committed to completing the game, before making changes. Also, approach this from a coding standpoint. All of our pirates data, is stored on a server somewhere, now, to expand our inventory, there's probably some sort of server-side change that has to take place, for that to work. This could cause people to potentially lose items, or randomly gain another player's items. I'm sure if the devs were to add this, they'd do it right, my point is though, its not just as simple as pushing a button, and wallah, you have 4 pages of inventory. It's more complicated than that. I feel like people are taking for granted the TLOPO team's kindness and hard work, and turning small issues into large ones, to get what they want. I don't define this as "a HUGE issue". Is it game breaking? No. Thus, it really shouldn't be at the top of their priorities list in my opinion. Like I said, I'm not gonna complain about them adding more inventory, but I'd much rather have Raven's Cove, cursed blades, Cannon Defense, sea items, invasions, etc. This should not come before core mechanics of the original game. The original goal was to completely recreate POTCO to the state it was in on the day it closed, and I believe that should be priority #1, not more inventory space.

I'm just going to back this up with a quote of my own message from quite some time ago about this kind of thing.

I can give you a few.

First, there's storage space on the servers. Admittedly not a big issue since items aren't custom and they presumably use single short/integer ID values for each item, but it's still an issue.

Secondly, and most importantly, difficulty of implementation. Depends how the inventory is stored. Is a list of items created in the database as they spawn into the world and each character simply has a pointer to a specific item? Easy to increase there. But what if when a character is created an inventory is created for them with a bunch of empty slots? More specifically, what if all inventories are simply a single database with nothing but pointers, and the server generates a set amount of numbers each time a character is created? Say characters have 40 spaces. The first pirate will have every item from slots 0-39 on the server. But the second pirate? His is 40-79. The 149th pirate? He will have items 5920-5959. Though you could still increase these slots using some math and a few good SQL commands, if anything went slightly wrong everyone's inventories would seemingly randomize as they pour over into each other's. Additionally, rolling back such a change should it not go as intended would be a disaster.

And third, that would require some UI changes. This means more man-hours consumed. If all other reasons are not valid, this one will be the final "gate" that will stop the devs, as their priorities may be on other things.

If, like me, this stuff actually interests you and you want to read more, I also posted a while ago about why adding custom info to items (like "looted by <PLAYERNAME>" tags) requires much more work than you would think.

I see people talk about these two changes (inventory size and custom info) on items all the time, but everyone seems to think in @LesPaulObsession's words it's as easy as pushing a button. Also I just like talking about this stuff.

With that said, I also acknowledge that in the latest Beta Status Report they acknowledged the popularity of this request and are indeed considering apparently planning to implement it.
Edit: Ugh.

Last edited:
I'm just going to back this up with a quote of my own message from quite some time ago about this kind of thing.

If, like me, this stuff actually interests you and you want to read more, I also posted a while ago about why adding custom info to items (like "looted by <PLAYERNAME>" tags) requires much more work than you would think.

I see people talk about these two changes (inventory size and custom info) on items all the time, but everyone seems to think in @LesPaulObsession's words it's as easy as pushing a button. Also I just like talking about this stuff.

With that said, I also acknowledge that in the latest Beta Status Report they acknowledged the popularity of this request and are indeed considering it.
It didn't really say considering it though. At least from my understanding that was saying they were officially going to (at some point before full release) add it.

Ahoy All,
I agree with the need for more space! I hear it often / and share in the frustration / of those trying to hold onto favorite items every time they port! We literally spend too much time after sailing sorting our inventories - ditching items such as 3 rusted cutlasses, 5 rag dolls, and the low end clothing items that we've just inherited in our plunder! And in the process, we are unable to reply to current chats in crew because we are stuck in our inventory screens trying not to lose that "Famed or Bright" that WE KNOW is probably at the end of this loot list IF "I can just make enough space in my inventory to get there!" OY!!!
Why are we getting duplicates in multiple items that no one will use anyway? I do not believe rusted weapons are in this season and do not seem to be popular!
I agree with some of the previous comments, the system doesn't need a complete over-haul, it's feasible to just add 3 extra lines of clothing space and 1 extra for weapons.
Thank you for the time & Fair Winds My Seafaring Friends ...
Brie Silver

I think the most logical way to go about it would be to simply add a new page for it. There is a simply next page/previous page button that could easily fit on the screen without taking up much space and voila! Our inventory space is DOUBLED without taking any extra space on the already cluttered inventory screen.

It didn't really say considering it though. At least from my understanding that was saying they were officially going to (at some point before full release) add it.
Ugh I read over my post on my phone at a later point and had a feeling someone would point out the ambiguity there lol... That doesn't mean they're not considering it either :p

My post was by no means saying reasons why it shouldn't happen, it was more just meant to be educational. Edited the post nonetheless.

With all due respect, I'd like to remind you, that although they committed to making the game better, they never once said outright "this means more inventory space! So hoard loot to your hearts content!" They committed to completing the game, before making changes. Also, approach this from a coding standpoint. All of our pirates data, is stored on a server somewhere, now, to expand our inventory, there's probably some sort of server-side change that has to take place, for that to work. This could cause people to potentially lose items, or randomly gain another player's items. I'm sure if the devs were to add this, they'd do it right, my point is though, its not just as simple as pushing a button, and wallah, you have 4 pages of inventory. It's more complicated than that. I feel like people are taking for granted the TLOPO team's kindness and hard work, and turning small issues into large ones, to get what they want. I don't define this as "a HUGE issue". Is it game breaking? No. Thus, it really shouldn't be at the top of their priorities list in my opinion. Like I said, I'm not gonna complain about them adding more inventory, but I'd much rather have Raven's Cove, cursed blades, Cannon Defense, sea items, invasions, etc. This should not come before core mechanics of the original game. The original goal was to completely recreate POTCO to the state it was in on the day it closed, and I believe that should be priority #1, not more inventory space.

I'm aware of the coding aspect/technical side of things and did take that into consideration before posting, It's just my opinion but eventually this subject is gonna get tackled anyway so I'd rather put in my 2 cents now, I know it's not an easy task BUT it's possible, might take awhile and might be a little rocky to pull off but possible, It would have to be be done strategically and with great caution, Thanks for your output.

Back