Is POTCO going downhill?

Do you think POTCO is going downhill?

• Total voters
Yes, I have been playing since May 2011, and sadly this game has been degrading more and more, especially over the span of 2012. The only time I ever play it now is to chat with friends.

I have been playing since 08
Yes it has been going downhill... i wouldn't be surprised if it shuts down ( IF i'm saying if )

Man it's to bad this wonderful game that I beg my parents to let me play and then turn latter into rubble and ash at the end...

May us pirates live on and stay together fighting for our important cause to help make this game restore to it's former glory :drink: . Remember mates Napoleon Bonaparte said "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools!"

And just USA and Canada players could be members. That was a really big problem for me and players from the other country's . So when POTCO opened membership worldwide the game become really popular.

Not sure what you are talking about here Deniz. I know founders who are from England and Finland, to name a few. And I know they were part of beta testing.

I have almost if not completely moved on from POTCO, just as John has said, I've been a player since the game first came out from 2008. Back then, man, the game was just awesome. Everyone was kind, the content was non-stop entertaining, lot's of quests, and just overall, fun. Since then, it just plummeted downhill, Disney has broken promises and risen the hopes of players and then crushed them. Unless POTCO starts going uphill (which probably won't happen), I doubt I will be playing this game anymore.
agrees.

Potco is going downhill BECAUSE!!!:
1. Abassa has a lot of people, but not as much as usual
2. Everyone is annoyed that there are so many crashers and hackers that they just quit
3. Dramatics!!!!!!!!!!!
4. They don't have narwhals in the game;)

Alrighty so those are MY opinions!! (4 was just a funnies I didn't really mean it o.o... But it would be cool wouldn't it? xD)

yeah. its gotten to the point where to have any fun at all you have to roleplay. i mean, there are so many better options in the way of games where instead of having imaginary adventures you have to make up. you can actually have real genuine in game fun from real ingame adventures and story lines. i stopped playing like 3 or 4 years ago. and when i came back on it was pretty much exactly the same. no updates other than 1 new ship. the game has bad graphics, the chat is incredibly limited, and they STILL havent added an inside to ships. and if you dont give them money regularly you miss out on 98% of the game. all the quests are just "kill 10 crabs" type quests which i hate. the only fun parts of the game are friends, finding awesome new weapons, guild wars, and ship battles. the AI's on the npc's suck. there are only a handfull of npc character models, and its incredibly historically innacurate. although i have made some awesome friends on this game, had fun memories like when me and my guild spent hours upon end hunting for glitches that could make us walk through walls and go under islands, the game really isnt that great compared to almost every other game ever made. i give it a 4/10

yeah. its gotten to the point where to have any fun at all you have to roleplay. i mean, there are so many better options in the way of games where instead of having imaginary adventures you have to make up. you can actually have real genuine in game fun from real ingame adventures and story lines. i stopped playing like 3 or 4 years ago. and when i came back on it was pretty much exactly the same. no updates other than 1 new ship. the game has bad graphics, the chat is incredibly limited, and they STILL havent added an inside to ships. and if you dont give them money regularly you miss out on 98% of the game. all the quests are just "kill 10 crabs" type quests which i hate. the only fun parts of the game are friends, finding awesome new weapons, guild wars, and ship battles. the AI's on the npc's suck. there are only a handfull of npc character models, and its incredibly historically innacurate. although i have made some awesome friends on this game, had fun memories like when me and my guild spent hours upon end hunting for glitches that could make us walk through walls and go under islands, the game really isnt that great compared to almost every other game ever made. i give it a 4/10
If you stopped playing 3 0r 4 years ago, how was it exactly the same as now? It was fun 3 or 4 years ago, imho. It's not even close to the same now.
I do agree about it not being great compared to other games though.
Especially GW2.

Something I have always wondered.

This site, along with the others, are FAN sites for the games. So my questions are a) if you don't like the game or are bored with it, what are you doing still playing and b) if you don't play anymore, what are you doing on a FAN site giving your opinion on a game that you don't even play anymore or haven't played in years?

This site, along with the others, are FAN sites for the games. So my questions are a) if you don't like the game or are bored with it, what are you doing still playing and b) if you don't play anymore, what are you doing on a FAN site giving your opinion on a game that you don't even play anymore or haven't played in years?

......and there in lies questions I have pondered answers to me self!

I never have seen discussions about the game, its progress, regression or condition as unnecessary discussions by anyone as long as they were from players at some point. When one says the game sucks or the game is going downhill or the game is not fun and so on, it's expressing frustrations of negative change. Should quitting mean forget what you did in the game? Forget the people you befriended? Not care at all? I don't think so. If anything, it proves that people are still interested. It shows dedication. And who knows, they might be waiting for that spark or miracle improvement to get going again.

And the obvious answer, you asked why inactive players are sharing OPINIONS. Everyone here has been a fan at some point in time so it makes them part of the fan site as much as myself, you and all others. Everyone should be free to speak up their mind and give their feedback about the game. It's bad that DIMG doesn't run forums for their games where they could be closer to their players but in the other hand, its good that we have the freedom of expression in fan made forums.

I find threads like this the most relevant threads when thinking of Potco today. Its an honest thread and answers are mainly honest and discuss an ongoing issue. Forums are supposed to be about every aspect of the game. Taking the opinion of old time players and those who have lost interest in the game makes it even more interesting and if the owners were taking it serious, they would listen and work... learn from mistakes, fix them, and don't repeat them. So my question to you is why do feel stuff like this should not be discussed? Why do you feel like some issues should be avoided from public opinion? Why should there be limits when discussing the games condition when its bad? And in your opinion why should those you aimed the question above not play the game or post their opinion?

Edit: Everyone one here, regardless how much of a critic of potco or how much negativity they say about it, they have at least one good reason (stronger than the one that makes them criticize or talk bad about it) that keeps them playing or coming back. For example, I have criticized POTCO a lot but have always backed up what I said with a facts or real experience and made suggestions but I like svs and the friendships in potco so much that they overcome the issues I have spoken about. Those two reasons have kept me going and even though i hate the issues, do a lot of criticizing and what not about the game, i still like the overall idea of the game and hope the content and performance of it will improve. Why are the issues the center of attention right now? Because there is nothing else to discuss. We aren't being fed something good to talk about. Its just problems one after another.

this is whats happening
Potco plains starts going down
Piolet: pull up! Pull up!
plain goes up some
Piolet: hey we did i-
Crash
plain hits a mountain

Back