Is TLOPO What We Want?

Should the game be altered / Which will you play more

• Total voters

ProfMaxPeppernerd

Pirate Apprentice
So recently a dilemma has come to my mind about TLOPO. Personally I want to see TLOPO branch off and create original content to improve on the foundations of what Disney had forgotten to do as-well as many other things to improve the general quality of the game, now arises the question do we want TLOPO to change pirates? In my opinion yes, I want better graphics, more weapons, new islands and more but at what point are we not going to be playing POTCO anymore and augment it to a point where it might not be recognizable. In my opinion the answer to this is to have two kinds of servers POTCO Classic and TLOPO so that people can play the original with maybe graphical improvements while also play a unique and altered spin on the original.
What do you think, am I crazy or is this a good idea, also which one do you want to playing Classic or TLOPO?

I don't think TLOPO is what we want in the response to the question in a general perspective. I'm not going to cite my reasoning because every time I do its because I'm a "nay sayer" "hater" "pessimist" or some term (sometimes even derogatory) that says I don't want Pirates back.

I do think that new content isn't a bad idea, but I don't think this is the time to have that discussion because an emulator is a not far out still for us.

To clarify I think that the TLOPO should finish the emulated version of the original first and then possibly branch off to add newer content while still leaving an unaltered build of the original version.

i think that any new content appearing in game will be years down the road, both in story development and manufacturing, they have real lives to focus on first including family, school, and work.

if anything, them branching the new material will simulate what disney did. just expanding the caribbean. if you want to stay by or on the classic islands, it's easily done. most likely they won't change what's already there; just improve upon it.

I personally don't care for the idea only because it would be a pain to maintain two separate servers with different game versions. It would either take a lot of work or separate teams for each server to do it properly. It just wouldn't be practical I don't think.

I personally don't care for the idea only because it would be a pain to maintain two separate servers with different game versions. It would either take a lot of work or separate teams for each server to do it properly. It just wouldn't be practical I don't think.
Of course this would more be a choice for private or community servers as they will be the real heart of the game.

I think they should add a little extra content like more bosses, ships, but a whole new island would take away the potco feel. They should also add duels, not sure if u guys know this but in WoW you can duel (1v1) anyone anywhere for fun. They should add that. I do not like the idea of having a classic potco then a tlopo server because then the community would have to split.

I want POTCO back as it was. If TLOPO accomplishes that I will be VERY happy. Once the game is finished, if they make some additions that are in the spirit of the original game such as things Disney had planned but never executed, that will be fine. What I do NOT want is a game that absorbs features from other games that were never a part of our experience. If someone wants that, I believe Black Flag Online is still a viable project, is it not?

I want POTCO back as it was. If TLOPO accomplishes that I will be VERY happy. Once the game is finished, if they make some additions that are in the spirit of the original game such as things Disney had planned but never executed, that will be fine. What I do NOT want is a game that absorbs features from other games that were never a part of our experience. If someone wants that, I believe Black Flag Online is still a viable project, is it not?
I mean things like additional storage space or trading items would be something that would go against the original but in some ways it would still improve upon it.

I totally agree! And yes, BFO is still in progress. They've recently taken a few steps back to restructure the game, so development is a little slow at the moment. But they are still working to bring us an awesome game :)

It is.

Although I 'hate' to say it (not really but whatever), i'd be perfectly content with letting POTCO just die. I see no reason to revive it. Just my feelings.

I mean things like additional storage space or trading items would be something that would go against the original but in some ways it would still improve upon it.

Aye, matey, I would welcome changes of this type (especially bigger treasure chests, higher gold limits and higher levels)! But these sort of changes are all within the spirit and structure of our original game. For example, someone somewhere had said they would like to add smashing things to the game like another game he played somewhere else. Well, I really don't want to see my Caribbean littered with breakable junk just so someone can unleash and smash them when they feel like it. I also don't like the idea of player fighting player within the main game. POTCO provided PVP for those who want to bash at fellow players but not everyone likes that environment (like me). The player vs. player aggression was an OPTION, not a mainstay of the primary game. If there are other game elements you like, go play THAT game and leave our POTCO/TLOPO alone!

I totally agree! And yes, BFO is still in progress. They've recently taken a few steps back to restructure the game, so development is a little slow at the moment. But they are still working to bring us an awesome game :)

I'm sure Black Flag will be a fun game when it is done and I may well play it myself, I wish them the best of luck with their project. But if we get our original POTCO back that is where I will be spending most of my time!

Although I 'hate' to say it (not really but whatever), i'd be perfectly content with letting POTCO just die. I see no reason to revive it. Just my feelings.

Well, that is fine for you, then leave the community and don't play the game, no problem. But there are a lot of us who definitely DO want POTCO back, any way and anywhere we can get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that is fine for you, then leave the community and don't play the game, no problem. But there are a lot of us who definitely DO want POTCO back, any way and anywhere we can get it!

First off, great for you that you want POTCO back. Secondly, just because I don't avidly want a game that's been dead for me since 2011 doesn't mean I should just up and leave the community. I am a part of this community, whether I support these POTCO remakes or not. I was just sharing my opinions on the matter. Whether or not you agree with those opinions is up to you, but don't tell me to up and leave a community i've been a member of since 2007 simply because I don't think the game should come back.

Last edited:
First off, great for you that you want POTCO back. Secondly, just because I don't avidly want a game that's been dead for me since 2011 doesn't mean I should just up and leave the community. I am a part of this community, whether I support these POTCO remakes or not. I was just sharing my opinions on the matter. Whether or not you agree with those opinions is up to you, but don't tell me to up and leave a community i've been a member of since 2007 simply because I don't think the game should come back.

Sorry mate, it wasn't an order for you to depart just a suggestion of an obvious option based on your stated lack of interest in the game. Clearly you are welcome to stay in the community even if you have no desire to play the game.
:smh:

Sorry mate, it wasn't an order for you to depart just a suggestion of an obvious option based on your stated lack of interest in the game. Clearly you are welcome to stay in the community even if you have no desire to play the game.
:smh:
Although I'm not a mod or anything, I just wanna say thanks for fighting nicely both of you :p

Back