Blog Post ISLA ESCONDIDA: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Posted by The Storyline Team on March 20, 2017, midnight

https://tlopo.com/static/img/posts/03-20-2017-specialannouncement_558x314.jpg
Hello, everyone!

Welcome to the next installment of “On the Horizon”! Today, we wanted to speak to you face-to-face, without a character or facade. It's important to be right up front with you as we announce something big about Isla Escondida!

We're very excited to share with you some information about the island's plot! We're sure you're all familiar with the vile Bounty Hunter ships that chase you across these Caribbean waters. Well, Isla Escondida is where they make berth. Originally inhabited by an ancient civilization, Isla Escondida was recently colonized by the Navy, who supervise the island and oversee the Bounty Hunters' operations.

Axkrcvz.jpg

This questline in particular will put YOU right in the center of a battle between two Bounty Hunter crews. You may also discover something hidden in the depths of the island... something quite powerful...

We can also confirm that there will be new enemies - Bounty Hunters on land scattered about the island, along with new Navy enemies. And don't forget those Sea Serpents swimming around the island's coast...

Oh, and you may have been wondering what our previous posts were about. Well, that's a tale for another time. But we can say that they may tie into a certain storyline coming before Isla Escondida. Stay tuned for that...

VH4sdID.jpg

You can watch the Official Cinematic Trailer for Isla Escondida here, and be sure to check out the replay of our most recent live stream for an early walkthrough of the island itself.

Thanks for your support and suggestions! We can't wait to share more in the coming months!

The Storyline Team @ TLOPO

Oh nice! Here's an idea!

Since the island is pre-occupied by the Royal Navy, the access to it could be limited to a few merchants that port there to refill Navy's needs such ammo, food etc. That way, the pirate will have to be granted access to port here let alone the sea serpant that circles the island.

Elizabeth Swann could be engaged for such access. Furthermore, I would suggest that if bounty hunters are after a pirate on sea, Escondida should be closed for port for as long as they are after them.

I'm a little confused. Was this the famous Jolly Roger Island that was in development when potco got shut down or is it something different. All interesting nonetheless.

It may be that some unreleased weapons will be released, there were many "ancient civilization" weapons in the game files that Disney never actually let us use.

Wow really? I did not know that, I quit POTCO only about two years after maxing all my stuff, so I really was not around very long, cool to know that though, would be cool to have something like ancient weapons.

Wow really? I did not know that, I quit POTCO only about two years after maxing all my stuff, so I really was not around very long, cool to know that though, would be cool to have something like ancient weapons.
Yea it was interesting, I saw someone post them in another thread. One was called quetzalcoatl blade or something like that.

Just a suggestion having seen the island on the live-stream. I would like to see kinda a navy town(probably more appropriate near the entrance of the fort and the shipwright) that is really pro navy to a point to where there are many enemies and very few pirate friendly npcs(kinda like the old padres town in the outscurts). Just a suggestion while the island is early in development. And maybe just maybe a place with very few pirate settlers disguised as navy to maybe get you through the island safely.

Last edited:
My birthday is on March 27th, bring the hype by march 27th or jolly will doom us all with his malicious spells he puts on each of us pirates. Just kidding, but still you guys are doing an amazing job keep up the good work don't feel rushed because every great thing can't be rushed if it seeks perfection or nearly perfection. I don't think we could say tlopo is perfectly up to standards with the old game yet, but I can definitely say from a year from now that it's surpassed potco and that would be truly an amazing thing to see happen, so keep up the savvy and hard work and don't let anybody bring u guys down because you've made it this far, and you'll push through with a game that will surprise us all, I have no doubt in my mind at all.

Boy Oh Boy! At last we know where those nasty Bounty Hunters hang out!

The mind boggles as to the amount of looted treasure they must have stashed there, I can see they seem to be getting some of it ready for the Treasure Fleet!

No doubt we'll show them a thing or two... I'm counting my gold, Famed and Legendary from Isla Escondida already!!!:happy:
:pirate ship::treasure::flag1:

Just my luck, I install the game when the servers are down for a huge update. Anyway, what's this I hear about "Sea Serpents" being implemented? Y'know, a lot of people think Disney didn't implement the Kraken because they couldn't figure out how to get it working. It's pretty ambitious to program an entirely new enemy type from what I assume is scratch. I'm impressed.

Just my luck, I install the game when the servers are down for a huge update. Anyway, what's this I hear about "Sea Serpents" being implemented? Y'know, a lot of people think Disney didn't implement the Kraken because they couldn't figure out how to get it working. It's pretty ambitious to program an entirely new enemy type from what I assume is scratch. I'm impressed.

around 20 seconds into the teaser trailer you will see the Serpent

Different from the Kraken, but you never know what the content developers are working on :)

Back