Weapons Legendaries are too hard to get.

Should Legendaries be easier to get?

• Total voters
I don't think legendaries need to be made more common.

That being said I think they (and all items for that fact) need to have more Intrinsic value. Currently with the way the game is setup items serve 2 main purposes outside of the obvious stat buffs.

One of being a great collectable (who doesn't want to collect all of an item set, cursed blades, legendaries, etc etc...)

Two bring bragging rights.

So when someone spends lets say 80 hours in one week looting (that's alot of time, I did it entirely while fishing a while back and it was miserable.) And they loot let's just say 20 unique famed and 1 unique legendary.

These are the items that benefit both of the above listed purposes which is very gratifying and is a great feeling.

Now unfortunately with the way the current system is setup these weapons lose all value once collected and are subtracted from the pool of their collection but they can still be collected as duplicates.

If that same pirate spends another 80 hours looting and revives another 20 famed and 1 legendary item and this time because of the previous looting conducted 18 of these famed items are duplicates as well as the legendary. The pirate in question will be very frustrated at all of the wasted time the duplicates represent. They are essentially valueless beyond bragging rights.

Even bragging rights has a limit as well. If a pirate loots tormenta long enough and ends up with 4 thunder spine swords. Yes that is really cool however the pirate is just as upset as someone who just looted 20 duplicate famed items. Especially if they are searching for one specific item.

Instead of these legendary items being more common they need to have more value. That's why I believe trading will be a very healthy addition to the game. Suddenly the 4 El patrons someone has in their inventory from that time they spent 2 weeks looting for an admirals Cutlass will signify more than wasted time.

This will also boost the value of certain rare famed such as some of the musketts. This will still encourage people to loot just as much if not more so they actually have a hope of completing their collections whether it be by looting the items themselves or finding something someone else values just as equally.

Leaving the odds of finding a legendary as low as they are will help this system by ensuring that people do not trade away these items carelessly. Looting for then should still stay as a large portion of the game but that amount of time put in should at least be given some value.

Also I do not think that legendaries should be garenteed at any point as a quest or anything. That feels like it kind of cheapens the experience

4. It's not really possible, and that's the the big kicker, the grand conclusion. You may have a hundred accounts to stand in the same place and grind with, but when you're done, you can only really PLAY with one character at a time. The moment one remembers to include the rest of the gameplay in that "equation", it falls apart. At the end of the day you can only actually play around in the game with one inventory full of legendaries at a time.

Not true as noted in a few posts immediately after yours and before mine. In Potco, my daughters and I had 6 accounts x 4 characters each, and leveled up to varying degrees. This was partly due to the fact that both girls were under age 10 then and creating a new character was like building a virtual doll.

Anyway, during that era, one guy whose name I can't recall taught me how to draw an enemy ship with lightning on cannon, then return to the helm and broadside as it approached. That way you get rep for both sailing and cannon. Naturally, it's easy to imagine doing this by using two computers side by side and having one of your accounts provide the cannon guy/girl and the other the captain. It's actually easier to switch to the other screen than to ESC and switch from helm to cannon on a single computer.

I don't think legendaries need to be made more common.

That being said I think they (and all items for that fact) need to have more Intrinsic value. Currently with the way the game is setup items serve 2 main purposes outside of the obvious stat buffs.

One of being a great collectable (who doesn't want to collect all of an item set, cursed blades, legendaries, etc etc...)

Two bring bragging rights.

So when someone spends lets say 80 hours in one week looting (that's alot of time, I did it entirely while fishing a while back and it was miserable.) And they loot let's just say 20 unique famed and 1 unique legendary.

These are the items that benefit both of the above listed purposes which is very gratifying and is a great feeling.

Now unfortunately with the way the current system is setup these weapons lose all value once collected and are subtracted from the pool of their collection but they can still be collected as duplicates.

If that same pirate spends another 80 hours looting and revives another 20 famed and 1 legendary item and this time because of the previous looting conducted 18 of these famed items are duplicates as well as the legendary. The pirate in question will be very frustrated at all of the wasted time the duplicates represent. They are essentially valueless beyond bragging rights.

Even bragging rights has a limit as well. If a pirate loots tormenta long enough and ends up with 4 thunder spine swords. Yes that is really cool however the pirate is just as upset as someone who just looted 20 duplicate famed items. Especially if they are searching for one specific item.

Instead of these legendary items being more common they need to have more value. That's why I believe trading will be a very healthy addition to the game. Suddenly the 4 El patrons someone has in their inventory from that time they spent 2 weeks looting for an admirals Cutlass will signify more than wasted time.

This will also boost the value of certain rare famed such as some of the musketts. This will still encourage people to loot just as much if not more so they actually have a hope of completing their collections whether it be by looting the items themselves or finding something someone else values just as equally.

Leaving the odds of finding a legendary as low as they are will help this system by ensuring that people do not trade away these items carelessly. Looting for then should still stay as a large portion of the game but that amount of time put in should at least be given some value.

Also I do not think that legendaries should be garenteed at any point as a quest or anything. That feels like it kind of cheapens the experience

Well for someone that has been playing POTCO from the beginning, to the end, spending an average of at least 10 to 11 hours a day playing, looting, and not getting out of tormenta that time, and never getting one and then coming to TLOPO and playing since beta keys and time slots where needed, and playing the 6 to 7 hours at least every other day, and still coming out dry, while some others pirates they meet and are told they have anywhere from 20 to 40 legendary weapons. That discourages me from playing the game, because i have spent countless hours, days, months playing and I cant loot one legendary, im not even saying a cursed, just sf or el patron, then why would i want to keep going? so the guy/gal that comes 20 minutes after me and drops a thunderspine or web within 30 minutes? I have been playing this game for a very long time, and i do understand that legendary weapons arent meant to be easy to loot, but when they come to the point where i think they are impossible to loot, then thats a discouragement. I have even started calling them mythical weapons because of the fact that to me thats what they are. lots of people see them in there loot chest, but i to this day, since POTCO days have not seen one yet in a chest of mine. And i understand that it also maybe just luck but there should be a slight bigger chance for certain people to get one, not saying 100% guarantee, but at least a higher chance. I even recommended a potion or a charm of some sort that would raise the chances of getting the Legendary. And with the trading aspect, it would add a great advantage to the not so lucky players, but the only problem with this i see, is that people wouldnt want to trade a high Legendary weapon easily, saying this I wouldnt want to trade off half my inventory for one Thunderspine, for example.

Well for someone that has been playing POTCO from the beginning, to the end, spending an average of at least 10 to 11 hours a day playing, looting, and not getting out of tormenta that time, and never getting one and then coming to TLOPO and playing since beta keys and time slots where needed, and playing the 6 to 7 hours at least every other day, and still coming out dry, while some others pirates they meet and are told they have anywhere from 20 to 40 legendary weapons. That discourages me from playing the game, because i have spent countless hours, days, months playing and I cant loot one legendary, im not even saying a cursed, just sf or el patron, then why would i want to keep going? so the guy/gal that comes 20 minutes after me and drops a thunderspine or web within 30 minutes? I have been playing this game for a very long time, and i do understand that legendary weapons arent meant to be easy to loot, but when they come to the point where i think they are impossible to loot, then thats a discouragement. I have even started calling them mythical weapons because of the fact that to me thats what they are. lots of people see them in there loot chest, but i to this day, since POTCO days have not seen one yet in a chest of mine. And i understand that it also maybe just luck but there should be a slight bigger chance for certain people to get one, not saying 100% guarantee, but at least a higher chance. I even recommended a potion or a charm of some sort that would raise the chances of getting the Legendary. And with the trading aspect, it would add a great advantage to the not so lucky players, but the only problem with this i see, is that people wouldnt want to trade a high Legendary weapon easily, saying this I wouldnt want to trade off half my inventory for one Thunderspine, for example.
i dont think it's fair for tlopo to increase/decrease the legendary drop rates based on the accounts of people on opposite ends of the normal distribution curve. I think that the drop rates are fine as they are and I think TLOPO does too. I can only encourage you to keep looting since legendaries are nowhere near impossible to find, you've just gotten unlucky. good luck in finding one, i hope you get one very very soon

And they should still be very hard to get but I've put upwards of 1000 hours into this game without one and I know some other people who have have a similar situation. They should be hard to get but not impossible because this is a remake. Most people who played the game back in the day are all grown up now and don't have 5 hours a day to put into TLOPO and just really want a legendary for the sentimental feeling of it. (even though I never had one in the original game either.)
Didn't read beyond this post, maybe won't. But if you actually want a legendary then you might as well do what others do. They go on the fullest server, pick out a boss, look for at least 20 to 30 on the boss, shove yourself in there any way you can get close and whack mindlessly away. Do what lots of people do, they watch uboob, gab on discourse, work 4 or 5 alts at a time on that boss that you're on. Watch netflix on another browser tab. Lots of other things to do while smashing the ctrl button. Don't use any 3rd party cheats or you'll get banned. Just put up with the grind for maybe 2 hours at a time.

I've noted that vicious tends to loosen up after 9:30 pm eastern and rolls fame and such. But that's totally a un-scientific observation based on nothing more than being on at that time most the time. Been on any other times as well. There are NO set rules about public mobs on bosses so just step right up. Your chances are only improved by the quicker frequency of drops, as the kills are nearly instantaneous, thus more stuff drops quicker. By yourself it would take much longer. So, it's like boss spawn dead. Spawn -dead almost before the shield drops.
See, no wasted time. Even better you can use a rusty cutlass.

So, do it like a boss! GL

Back