Glitch List of Discovered Game Glitches

gooroo7

Buccaneer
Here is a list of all the game glitches I can member from my time slot:

- When my friends clicked the "Board" button in the crew pop-up thing on the left when I launched my ship, it consistently crashed the game
- Every once in while something would go wrong (freeze or something like that) when my crew was on my ship, and they would teleport back to the last island, but the number of people on the ship never went down (in other words there would be 3 people on the ship, the glitch would happen and someone would leave, and it would still say there are 3 people on the ship)
- Enemy ships are ridiculously weak (like my light galleon could single-handedly sink a ship of the line in about 1 minute)
- Enemy ships rarely fire, and if they do, they normally miss and deal low damage
- Enemy ship movement is very odd and slow
- Sometimes after I had been slashing an enemy with a sword, I was not able to move (fixed by putting the weapon away)
- Sometimes when you anchored at an island or teleported to it, you would spawn beneath or outside the map
- After the cut-scene where you talk to the bartender at Tortuga (near starting-end of story), my friend and I were teleported beneath the map at some random spot on the map
- Sometimes when someone else would kill an enemy it would show that it dropped a loot pouch for you but you couldn't open it
- As my friend played more, the game seemed to crash more and more to the point where he couldn't even load into the game without the game crashing (not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but nevertheless it shouldn't happen)
- Random lag spikes and other performance issues
- Random crashes throughout

That is quite a long list and there are probably many bugs I didn't remember and many more bugs out there, but I still had a ton of fun playing the game with my friends. My only complaint is that there seems to be no way to promote guild members. Maybe I'm missing something, but I do not see any way to do it. Keep up the great work! You guys are awesome!

Last edited:
Yeah I am with you on the ships one. I took out a Death Omen in my Light Sloop.

I also had an issue when leaving Devil's Rock after getting the Flintlock from Barbossa, as I left the cave it teleported me to the Governor's Garden... on Port Royal.

I also have an issue where in order to broadside I must be moving at 4-5 knots or faster, otherwise the cannonballs just drop out of the air.

Huh. It happened to me nearly every time. Then again I was going super close to the ships so

I found it wasn't proximity that made the cannonballs fall but it was going a certain speed. I went past ships going 6 or 7 knots and was able to fire just fine. I think I just tended to be going slower when nearby NPC ships and that's why the cannonballs didn't go far when nearby. Try going quickly past a ship and firing.

Yea same cannon ball issues with the broadsides. I had to be at a distance from the ships and had to be moving. Only problem with that for me is I don’t have a mouse at the moment so I can’t look around and sail at the same time. The compass also does not show where enemies ships are and it does not show island maps. If the compass worked and showed where enemy ships where that would be great. That way we could sail and shoot with out having to look around for the other ship at the moment.

Entering the Faithful Bride tavern causes the game to instantly close for me about 70% of the time.

Also the game has crashed on me 7 times in a row ... I'm on the beach and need to head up to the governers Mansion .. I'm in the toturial...

Ok so I got back into the game but I am back at level 1 and don't have a sword now.. I tried getting a free one from blacksmith in Port Royal and it won't let me have one... The buying icon lights up then times me out after about 20 seconds... So I have no sword now... :( :( And back at level 1 but the weird thing is I still have my skill points which I think add up to 4 earned... Any help would be nice :) :) Sail on mates!

Back