Glitch macOS High Sierra users still can't launch game

For those of you having the issue, if you're really that desperate you could find a windows 7/8/10 .iso file on the internet and make a dual boot image with it using MacOS's builtin dual booting software, bootcamp. I won't explain exactly how to do it because I don't even own a mac, and also I would guess people who are interested will research it themselves.

For those of you having the issue, if you're really that desperate you could find a windows 7/8/10 .iso file on the internet and make a dual boot image with it using MacOS's builtin dual booting software, bootcamp. I won't explain exactly how to do it because I don't even own a mac, and also I would guess people who are interested will research it themselves.
I did this back when mac players weren't able to get on at all. It is not very difficult by any means.

I did this back when mac players weren't able to get on at all. It is not very difficult by any means.
It’s easy to do, but the game barely runs for me when I try to run it through bootcamp. I use the exact same settings as I do on my Mac partition, but it just lags like crazy. :/

It’s easy to do, but the game barely runs for me when I try to run it through bootcamp. I use the exact same settings as I do on my Mac partition, but it just lags like crazy. :/
I noticed this too. I think by default Windows prefers to save battery life (if you're using a laptop) rather than the best performance. If you click the battery icon down in the dock you can change the slider so that you get better performance. It dramatically increased the fps on TLOPO for me.

It's been a while since I've used Bootcamp, but make sure you install the Apple drivers once you're in Windows too.

It's probably also possible to play using Wine, but that can be a little more tricky to set up.

It's been a while since I've used Bootcamp, but make sure you install the Apple drivers once you're in Windows too.

It's probably also possible to play using Wine, but that can be a little more tricky to set up.
I tried installing it through Wine, but I never get farther than finishing the installation wizard. I cant figure out where it installs the actual launcher to.

How difficult is it to downgrade OS? I upgraded and had no idea I wouldn't;t be able to play. I'm sick and want to play.
I talked to apple support for an hour and it is impossible to downgrade without wiping your hard drive forever and your computer wont work at all if you wipe it

I talked to apple support for an hour and it is impossible to downgrade without wiping your hard drive forever and your computer wont work at all if you wipe it

Oh man seriously??? This is horrible. I was just a couple large bones away from getting the hat. Ugh I wish I would've known before upgrading. I wish they would've said "GUYS DONT UPGRADE IF YOURE ON A MAC!!" :(

Oh man seriously??? This is horrible. I was just a couple large bones away from getting the hat. Ugh I wish I would've known before upgrading. I wish they would've said "GUYS DONT UPGRADE IF YOURE ON A MAC!!" :(
Try bootcamp or Wine. Bootcamp will allow you to have a copy of windows you can boot to and Wine is a compatibility layer which can run some windows programs on a mac. Find a good Youtube video tutorial for either if you're gonna try though.

Try bootcamp or Wine. Bootcamp will allow you to have a copy of windows you can boot to and Wine is a compatibility layer which can run some windows programs on a mac. Find a good Youtube video tutorial for either if you're gonna try though.

Honestly that confuses me and makes my head spin. Plus putting Windows on my computer will allow viruses to come in?

Any idea of when this might be fixed (if it's going to be fixed at all?) I don't want to ruin my computer waiting for it.
Not sure, whenever they feel like it. I know the majority of the devs are not mac users and the majority of the playerbase are windows users as well. Being that they still haven't fixed many of the other mac specific issues such as audio causing crashes, it could be a while. You wouldn't ruin your computer by using Bootcamp or Wine as long as you did it correctly. Even if you did it incorrectly you'd really have to try to mess something up. Windows does not automatically equal viruses. Even Macs can get viruses. But if you are scared of messing with computers I'd advise for you not to try. Apple makes the process with bootcamp pretty easy but it does require more knowledge than simple clicks, or at least an open mind to follow the processes.

Not sure, whenever they feel like it. I know the majority of the devs are not mac users and the majority of the playerbase are windows users as well. Being that they still haven't fixed many of the other mac specific issues such as audio causing crashes, it could be a while. You wouldn't ruin your computer by using Bootcamp or Wine as long as you did it correctly. Even if you did it incorrectly you'd really have to try to mess something up. Windows does not automatically equal viruses. Even Macs can get viruses. But if you are scared of messing with computers I'd advise for you not to try. Apple makes the process with bootcamp pretty easy but it does require more knowledge than simple clicks, or at least an open mind to follow the processes.

If I was going to do it, what would I install? Windows 10, 8, or 7?

I would advise 10, it is the most up to date with the most modern interface. But any of them would work for simply downloading and playing TLOPO.

This is so complicated. Arrrrrrg. I give up on how to do this. Please guys just focus on this issue :(

Last edited:
Like Bart said, its not too hard to install a Windows partition. The alternative would be creating a second partition and installing an earlier version of MacOS on it. Or wiping your hard drive and downgrading all together.

There's a lot of ways to work around the issue, but that wont change the fact that the game simply doesn't launch on MacOS High Sierra. I just hope they fix it soon. :/

Back