MEGATHREAD: Falling underneath islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case, when going to Devil's Anvil, I am up in the air, and cannot get back on a dingy.
Hitting escape to bring out the menu will make you fall into the water to get to your dingy. It has consistently made me break out of that walking on nothing bug and the infinite falling thing that happens when you jump during that walking on nothing bug. I redocked about 10 times before i actually got onto devil's anvil. I don't think it has to do with where you anchor so just keep trying and you should get onto the island eventually like i did. It worked on multiple islands not just devil's anvil so if you spawn under the island in the water just hit escape if youre floating, swim to the dingy, go back out to sea, and reanchor.

I hope they fix this, immediately. Its a big problem because it happens commonly and theres really nothing you can do.

This keeps happening to me- Like the last 10 times I have tried to sail somewhere or teleport there I have ended up glitched under the island or floating above it. Am I gonna be trapped on tortuga foreverrrr???? :(

Also the enemy ships are really fast. Like faster than they should be I think. It's not a personal preference- I really don't remember them being quite so fast. And their battle mechanics are weird. It just makes me wonder how getting materials from warships is gonna be if they're all that fast! There was more variance than just circling I suppose? I'm loving the flagships back in the game though- that's awesome! I'm happy overall. Just trying to report on what I'm seeing here.

Also the enemy ships are really fast. Like faster than they should be I think. It's not a personal preference- I really don't remember them being quite so fast. And their battle mechanics are weird. It just makes me wonder how getting materials from warships is gonna be if they're all that fast! There was more variance than just circling I suppose? I'm loving the flagships back in the game though- that's awesome! I'm happy overall. Just trying to report on what I'm seeing here.
I thought the ships are a lot faster too...I find it hard to get a hit on them lol. Also I restarted my main character and at level 5 had to sink a small navy ship and every enemy ship that hurdled by joined in the battle as they passed...ended up with 5 enemy ships attacking me within 40seconds. Is this how its meant to be? Even when I go up to a ship to see its name they come after me and I have to dock to get them off my tail

I finally got to where I wasn't floating or swimming on every island most just the first few times I go to them now. The ship aggro should be adjusted a bit even with my war frigate it is had to run, I can take 1 or 2 but not 10 to 15 at a time.

Landed on Cutthroat Island , started walking, and got this.....must be new quicksand....lol
cutthroat quiksand.png

:pirate ship:15 minutes to playing time ...spawn under water ..log off and change from tortuga to royal same thing ..try agin work go on the ship under water again...also flag ship land on 2 ship already no one there u can see empty ....log off back ship is gone fix cost 350 gold....also I went to 3 -5 ocean no ship around empty ocean

Yeah this also happened to me. All I do when this happens is log out and try again. It'll work... trust me :p

Yeah this also happened to me. All I do when this happens is log out and try again. It'll work... trust me :p
I Also Found Out If You Just Get Back On Your Ship (Which Means You'll Have To Find The Row Boat) Then Turn Around And Dock Again Will Also Fix This

Landing on islands sometimes spawns me underground, although unlike alpha, I'm not able to just swim out to sea and pop back out into the overland. I've been swimming in the water on port royal and the land just isn't solid so I can't run up onto it, i just swim right through. This is fixed by logging out and logging back in, however.

This is problematic for places like kingshead - I've landed there a handful of times and I've been underground every time, which basically completely removes my access to that island.

Landing on islands sometimes spawns me underground, although unlike alpha, I'm not able to just swim out to sea and pop back out into the overland. I've been swimming in the water on port royal and the land just isn't solid so I can't run up onto it, i just swim right through. This is fixed by logging out and logging back in, however.

This is problematic for places like kingshead - I've landed there a handful of times and I've been underground every time, which basically completely removes my access to that island.
I've noticed that it helps to sail next to the pier at Kingshead, and then dock.

Could you all please list your OS and 32 or 64 bit?...use "Run in compatibility mode....." setting for sure if using Win10...I've had best results with Win 7 from that drop-down but Win 8 seems to be popular with most folks I talk to....doesn't stop bugs(falling thru, etc), but is a lot less for me...(I run a win 10 64 bit Intel)

Could you all please list your OS and 32 or 64 bit?...use "Run in compatibility mode....." setting for sure if using Win10...I've had best results with Win 7 from that drop-down but Win 8 seems to be popular with most folks I talk to....doesn't stop bugs(falling thru, etc), but is a lot less for me...(I run a win 10 64 bit Intel)
Win 8, 64 bit. Next time I'm on, I'll try running with Win 7 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back