MEGATHREAD: Falling underneath islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye this is a very common glitch affecting a lot of people. So far I've gone to Kingshead maybe around six times and no luck. It's quite game breaking to tell the truth. Makes playing rasther tedious

Been falling through islands occasionally, but this was the first time it happened consistently after multiple teleport attempts to different islands. Transported back and forth between Port Royal and Tortuga several times, every time I spawned under the island. Glitch was initially caused by docking after a ship loot run, although I believe I also opened my skills menu before swimming around and attempting to teleport. Hopefully the log will help.

Attachments

• tlopo-170529_223553.log
    132.5 KB · Views: 106
If docking a couple times doesnt work. You can have a friend tp to you, then relog and tp back to them. I have done this for friends a few times and it works good.

I have had every experience from falling through the islands to somehow levitating just above the island. It makes it almost impossible to complete quests. But it only happens when porting a ship.

Anyone else think they should turn the game back off until it's fixed? What is the point right now? It's unplayable. I just tried sailing, the ocean is completely empty except for a couple of invisible flagships. You can see the flag and name of ship, but no actual ship is there. They don't give loot if you sink them still. It still crashes when you land at islands or makes you floating/swimming if it doesn't crash.

I love this game, but I'd rather have it shut down another month or two and have it fixed instead of rushing it back and it can't even be played. Maybe for the developers the game works on their end, so they don't see our problems? But it seems like almost everyone is reporting the same problems, right? It's just frustrating after waiting a while.

And does anyone else think they should stop worrying about creating new content, like a new island, new enemies and such... and just get the basic old game working properly first? I'd rather have the old game working correctly than a bunch of new stuff and it doesn't work! Just my opinion.

And does anyone else think they should stop worrying about creating new content, like a new island, new enemies and such... and just get the basic old game working properly first? I'd rather have the old game working correctly than a bunch of new stuff and it doesn't work! Just my opinion.
They're jobs for different people, though. With the exception of any new mechanics, adding new islands and enemies needs artists and writers, and fixing the needs coders. You'd lose efficiency and have less fun if you tried to do things strictly one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back