MEGATHREAD: Falling underneath islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't lose your cool, Droopy (see what I did there? Eh? Eh?) the staff has already done an incredible job in making this game much more stable and they've fixed many bugs. Just because a bug has been present for a few days, doesn't mean it's not going to ever get fixed... if you don't believe me about all the work they've done here are some release notes (1.0.0 was particularly large ;) ) you said not much was done but if you check those out.. you'll see that the statement you made regarding that is incorrect.
https://tlopo.com/releases/ (make sure to hit the drop arrow to check them all out)

Also
, I am kind of loosing interest and patience with t
*losing... don't want your interest loosened! ;)

Last edited:
I'd also like to say as far as activities that i am doing, I am trying to do quest sail to other islands, going into caves (when not under the map). so these are things that are supposed to be normal while trying to level up. but as i stated before with the understanding that this is beta and that is the reason i do send the feedback all the time. All I asking is for those who might have an idea ie... settings or possible download the game over. Some may not be having this problem, but there are a lot of people that are and be considerate enough to at least try point us in the right direction and not belittle those who are dealing with these issues.

I'd also like to say as far as activities that i am doing, I am trying to do quest sail to other islands, going into caves (when not under the map). so these are things that are supposed to be normal while trying to level up. but as i stated before with the understanding that this is beta and that is the reason i do send the feedback all the time. All I asking is for those who might have an idea ie... settings or possible download the game over. Some may not be having this problem, but there are a lot of people that are and be considerate enough to at least try point us in the right direction and not belittle those who are dealing with these issues.
Have you tried the "Search" thing? There are lots of people giving tips on settings that could help with that crash stuff, mate... Just relax, make a tea... Jesus. You're not the only one.

Plus, here ya go https://piratesforums.co/threads/best-settings-for-less-crashing-v1-3-7.17045/#post-245183

Going into caves used to be a crash trigger for everyone, but it's not now, so something is extra wrong in Droopy's setup. Divine's tips in the less crashing thread are for the previous version, but it's probably a good place to start from.

I did ask for more info, as a first step to possibly solving any issues you may be having. You replied to a post AFTER that one instead. In order for us to fix any problems, we first need to understand specifics of their causes and steps to reproduce them.
here is an example on 3 different toons I tried to sail to Cuba from Tortuga, I sunk 3 ships by devils anvil, then continued on to Cuba 1.2 minutes after it crashed. next time on another toon, i was on Tortuga and just turned in a quest to Carver as i was leaving out of the door it crashed. anytime i am in a crew with others i crash especially while sailing. I have quest to do on some wild islands but can't get there because every time i port on an island i am under the map and when i tp to another location, i crash on the 3rd tp. also tried svs it crashes all the time there. it may sound like i am complaining and I'm not, just looking for some sort of way to get through this with a bit of help, And before the game shut down for the extended maint. I did not crash as much and was able to sail from island to island. nothing that i am doing is extra-ordinary.

I've tried numerous settings and configs. still the same thing, maybe wildbane is right (
  1. This is not a completed game. This game is in beta phase, and we are beta testers. If you are interested in playing the game without faults, wait until its live release.)
  2. Maybe i will just play swtor, I'm not of any help or use here with the problems I'm dealing with. Thanks all for their help and insight in trying to resolve this matter. I'll try back at a later time

i think there is a crash related to pulling up someones player thingy to invite them to a crew while sailing but idk.

I've been falling under islands every time I transport to another island or when I get off my ship. Yesterday I was fine but tonight has been almost constant.

Same thing happens to me. port royal usually loads when i log in, but when i try to teleport or dock somewhere, i land in the ocean and the world is like half loaded. not to be rude or anything, but this is the main bug you guys need to fix asap. the game is almost unplayable atm.

That happens to me too. A bit frustrating when you do try to log in you get stuck in load screen at 30%. Keep up the good work Devs I know you're working hard to fix all of these issues. It is still alot of fun bringing back fun times.

Please Note:
The developers are working very hard to fix every issue in this game to make it the best experience for everyone.
This issue has no solution currently but there are ways to make it less likely to happen, (you can search this thread for temporary fixes)
The issue seems to be that the map does not fully load when you get there, and it seems to teleport you to the island from the ocean/sailing area.

Anything I just said may be incorrect because this is just speculation and I hope this (somehow) helps.

Some crashes randomly happen, some happen when you do certain things, report your issues on a glitch or crash thread and hopefully the dev team will get to work on it.

I have not been able to really play the game since it came back last week. Can't land at any islands because it makes me float under the island.

The enemy ship AI is kinda crazy now. As soon as you hit them, they like sprint extremely fast right next to your boat, almost too close to even maneuver. It's not a natural movement nor what a real enemy ship would do.

Also, I get zero loot when sinking a flagship.

These same issues were there a week ago when I started trying to play it after it first came back from the long break.

I don't understand why they brought the game back if it was virtually unplayable. I'd rather them take another month or two and have the game be playable.

:piratelove:ya happen all the time port royal tuga padre and any wild island end up floating under relog or try to go on the ship and land again work couple times.. but now server running very slow ...( taking too long to verify and log in ) this is only to share my experience this is no way complain I still enjoy the game every minute I can and thank you for every one hard work to make this game possible again

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, ( or flog a dead mutineer, in this case) but this issue is making it very frustrating. Land anywhere, including in jail, and good chance you are restarting the game.

I had the same problem and the only solution whenever that issue surfaces is to restart the game. Sometimes I ask myself what in Davy Jones locker was TLOPO members doing this past few months.

:ar::ar::ar:

oh this is so frustrating! I hoped I could play the game for the first time today but every time I try to land on barbossa's island I just swim through the ground and cant go further. this needs to be adressed ASAP :(

is anybody still not having the the crash issues? My whole guild has been crashing all day, most will before the screen loads in, so as i said previously, I am not the only person having this problem. I actually crashed a few times while i was in the feed back screen. Just giving a heads up!

The servers are extra broken tonight, this is on top of the issues you've personally been having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back