MEGATHREAD: Falling underneath islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome to the world of Beta! where nothing works like how it should yet! because if it did it would not be in beta

There's also a problem with certain cosmetic potions. I advise selling them, you risk being locked out of your pirate until a fix is issued or rollback happens.

I have 3 PCs with the game installed over the last 3 days my newest pc seems to have the most issues aka falling through the world or floating above it. that pc is a 6th gen i7 with nvidia 1070. my other pc is a amd a8 with a rx470 in it and it has fewer issues bust still gets bugs.
Today was kinda bad servers issues galore with the new update for sure almost constant crashes but i suspect all server side issues.

I have 3 PCs with the game installed over the last 3 days my newest pc seems to have the most issues aka falling through the world or floating above it. that pc is a 6th gen i7 with nvidia 1070. my other pc is a amd a8 with a rx470 in it and it has fewer issues bust still gets bugs.
Today was kinda bad servers issues galore with the new update for sure almost constant crashes but i suspect all server side issues.

If you used cosmetic potions like the Growing Grog, that may be why the game is crashing, but the bigger concern is why does this game not have an exception handler? Why is it that any time an exception is encountered the game starts the closing process?

So sometimes whenever I go to Kingshead It decides to just glitch me from not being on the platforms.
It doesn't go away until you relog back into the game.
Can anyone help me with this?

When you log on its fine, but after a few minutes playing and teleporting or porting on islands, i start to swim through the islands and sometimes only half the map loads. Its almost impossible to do land combat for quests or just for basic leveling up.

If this is a known issue, hope its main priority over anything else, and hope it gets fixed soon!

It could be a case but when on a level 6 pirate with nothing but a few tonics and standing on the docks chatting with guild members, then it crashes. I can say logged into the pirates home screen watching the servers list, and they have been dropping out between 2 and 7 minutes. but the home screen doesn't crash at all. not sure if that will tell anything. i had to put the info i noticed here because i can not stay in game long enough to put in the feedback. I really don't think the problem is with the pc's, the issue seems to be more at the main server connection.

I fall through islands almost all the time when potting with my light sloop, but rarely to never with my brig. I recommend that everyone tries using different ships to see if it helps! ;)

Two possible escapes from this issue (not every time, but saves me from having to re-log in a lot.)
1. If you open your chest to log out, then "return to game" you can often then "swim" to a boat to launch your ship again.
2. Dock your ship at another location on the island. I glitch much more often docking on a side of the island rather than in view of the dock. Sometimes I have to launch and re-dock 3 or 4 times, but it's much more time efficient than logging in and out.

These threads really are not very helpful because you have to weed through too much of the same complaints: "This happens to me-does it happen to any one else". Would it be possible to sticky the best advice at the top of the first page? What works for me beside re-logging is I use the map to swim to a rowboat, re-board my ship, re-land and that often is enough. I think this advice has been posted a few times already. I stopped reading after page 3!

Isla Tormenta !! Every time I go there and walk into the cave it is just a tunnel that brings you back out into the light and water in front of you!!!
When I turn around to walk back it puts me right back on the ground that I started at and into water under me !!! I have done it several times and still the same.
And reclogging does not work on it either!!

????? :knockout::pirategirl::knockout: ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back