MEH Curse of the Muerto Moon

Disney had very similiar events. They last 15 minutes, you can go into a building . No one is "forcing" anything. TLOPO also already had this event in Oct 2015, so it's NOT like they had to write all this again, it was already done. So, people saying "oh they should fix the lag instead of adding this" can relax. The lag issue introduced last weekend IS being worked on. They aren't wasting time implementing new features, these are existing events. If you don't enjoy them, fine, go find something else to do for 15 minutes.

I like the unreleased staff, and hope other items get released as well. I don't enjoy PvP, so I just loot in a cave or take a break.

My point is after I landed my ship for repairs, I was not allowed to get back on it because JR told me I HAD to attack the town. If you go into buildings, you should also be allowed to get back on your ship without finding someone to kill you first.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the curse begins on the hour every hour and lasts for 15 minutes. It should be fairly easy to plan your looting runs around that. For example, if you set sail 5 minutes or so before an upcoming hour, then you can spend 15-20 minutes (or more) on a run and get a decent loot haul. Plus, you get alerts that give a 5 minute and 1 minute warning, so if you forget, they'll remind you. Just my thoughts, good luck and have fun! :)

My issue is not the event itself, but being made to participate in said event. I seem to remember if you docked up after the event started you would be a human when you hit land and not a zombie. Thusly, you weren't made to participate in said event. I love the event, save for the massive lag; and I would participate in it. My thing is that I only have 3 hours at a time to play right now and my getting leveled up and potentially finding a beta code kinda trumps my desire for a little pvp action.

If you die, the curse gets reverted. If you don't want to participate, let someone quickly kill you, then go about your farming.

This is not the point. Having to find someone to "kill me" is still participation... (especially when I wasn't "dead" to begin with)

Well it also seems to change you at least once during that 15 minute period, besides at the hour. I got dc'd from a plundering ship run, got on at 9:05pm my time, and am a zombie on log in, and miss out on the loot due to it. Logged out to get rid of it due to (not a complaint, just didn't want to deal with it) me getting alot of lag from fighting. Logged back in at 9:08pm, no zombie. This may be a bug or not, but something to point out to the devs. It's completely possible in POTCO or here it was added to change you again five minutes in.

Back