Minecraft

I bought Minecraft today. :D

12 Hours Later...

JC%27s_MC_Home.png

Pretty cool-looking! :D I might make more pixel art to show soon.

Dang you got lucky finding melon & pumpkin seeds, Diamonds, and a crack load of leather

It seems you are having some fun with it :)
I had to travel a long ways to find the pumpkins, and there was a labyrinth of caves just to the right of my house. Not to mention the underground ravine. :)

Looking good mate. My son pulled me into this game not to long ago. We have built some pretty wild stuff!

Really? Cool! If any of you ever want to play together, I have a server. Just tell me when you want me to run it and I'll give you the IP.

Really? Cool! If any of you ever want to play together, I have a server. Just tell me when you want me to run it and I'll give you the IP.

Will do lad. My son is currently into the Hunger games servers atm. If he want to try something else I will hail ye via PM. I do family LAN survival all the time. Forgot to mention my daughter plays too.

Will do lad. My son is currently into the Hunger games servers atm. If he want to try something else I will hail ye via PM. I do family LAN survival all the time. Forgot to mention my daughter plays too.

I mostly only do private servers because of the amount of immaturity you'll most likely find on public servers. :p Plus the fact that friends that you know IRL are less likely to cause trouble.

WOW JZ YOU CHEATED! I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN HONORABLE PLAYER.... How could you?!

jk.....

Anyways, Jz, have you tried using Enderpearls? When you use them youll eventually get addicted to them because by golly gee you dont have to walk those 50 undesiraeable blocks. Just get there in a second!

okay okay okay ik this comment weill get alot of negative responses, but whats the big deal about minecraft? I've played it, and I don't really understand or see the point of it................ potco might be heading down a rough path, but i still have more fun playing it then minecraft.

okay okay okay ik this comment weill get alot of negative responses, but whats the big deal about minecraft? I've played it, and I don't really understand or see the point of it................ potco might be heading down a rough path, but i still have more fun playing it then minecraft.
Well, I know you've probably heard this a million times but it does have meaning. "You can do anything in Minecaft." But really you can, there are so many aspects of the game I'll list the most common of many.

There is the normal "Vanilla" survival, where you try and survive against enemies, gather resources, etc. In this, you have to set goals for yourself, or else you quickly will run out of things to do. The most common goals are to defeat the Enderdragon and/or Wither, however there are many others. You can even bring this to multiplayer, which ties into the next aspect or "gamemode."

Modded Minecraft allows you to change up what is in the game. In Minecraft you are allowed to change the code in anyway you please. You don't have to know how to code either, the Minecraft community has already developed a very wide range of mods. From survival Minecaft enhancements to machines and computers, even RPGs anything you could possibly want is available. Many multiplayer servers also have mods that do these same things.

If you don't want to go through the process of installing/finding mods, you can search for maps. Maps are Minecraft worlds that people have made with a specific style. There are survival maps such as Skyblock (basic Minecraft survival but on a small floating block with no land in sight) or Survival Island. However if you want a RPG feel there are Adventure maps. These have quests you have to accomplish in order to complete it. They are vey challenging and if done right very fun.

So if you read all of that I first applaud you, and secondly hope that gives you an idea of "the point of Minecraft." There are many other options if none of that interests you, just search around and I'm sure you will find something.

I now will ask you this... And I don't want an answer just think about it...
What's the point of any game? :)

If not for my kids, Id never of played POTCO. If not for my kids again, Id never of played Minecraft. So in a nutshell its my kids fault. I still play POTCO regular, and still love it. My daughter quit, and son plays very little. Now they both play Minecraft regular. So now I do too.

Minecraft is a game you will love straight away, or hate. Or if you are like me it took a bit to grow on me. I only play when my kids are on and we do our own LAN parties! I prefer POTCO, and always will. But Minecraft has its own special charm.

Back