Suggestion More Pages for The Inventory

Is This A Smart Feature To Add To TLOPO?

• Total voters

Jason Darkbones

Buccaneer
So before I start, I'm sure that I speak for every pirate in TLOPO when I say we need more inventory space. There are more famed and rare weapons in the game than our inventories can handle and I feel that we deserve more space and I'm here today to explain how this can be accomplished.

I have a suggestion for the developers that would improve inventory space while still keeping the balance of the game intact.
The way it works is that you have the option to buy more pages of your inventory as you level up throughout the game. For example; a level 5 should have no reason to have 5 pages of inventory space but a level 50, yes. As you progress through the game you will hit milestones. Every 10 levels I believe you should have the option to purchase an additional inventory page. This will be no different from the current inventory system but you will be able to click through pages of your inventory using little arrows on the bottom. As you level up you will require more space and the requirements to buy another page are as follows;

1st page of inventory space - FREE (This is the basic inventory you have now).
2nd page of inventory space - 5,000 Gold - Unlocked at Level 10 Notoriety
3rd page of inventory space - 7,500 Gold - Unlocked at Level 20 Notoriety
4th page of inventory space - 10,000 Gold - Unlocked at Level 30 Notoriety
5th page of inventory space - 12,500 Gold - Unlocked at level 40 Notoriety
6th and Final Page of inventory space - 15,000 Gold - Unlocked at level 50 Notoriety
(These are just examples and the numbers and costs can be changed as needed)

This system would allow pirates to better manage their storage while keeping the balance between higher and lower levels. It would give the pirate initiative to level up more so they can collect more goodies :) . Also, the reason for purchasing the inventory space is to give gold more value in the game and give a bit of a challenge to unlock more pages.

I think this would be a great feature because it would allow players to better manage their space and keep more loot then they would have before as my inventory has been full for ages now and I have such good loot and hate to trash it for space :( .

Thanks for your time!
~Jason Darkbones

Last edited:
So before I start, I'm sure that I speak for every pirate in TLOPO when I say we need more inventory space. There are more famed and rare weapons in the game than our inventories can handle and I feel that we deserve more space and I'm here today to explain how this can be accomplished.

I have a suggestion for the developers that would improve inventory space while still keeping the balance of the game intact.
The way it works is that you have the option to buy more pages of your inventory as you level up throughout the game. For example; a level 5 should have no reason to have 5 pages of inventory space but a level 50, yes. As you progress through the game you will hit milestones. Every 10 levels I believe you should have the option to purchase an additional inventory page. This will be no different from the current inventory system but you will be able to click through pages of your inventory using little arrows on the bottom. As you level up you will require more space and the requirements to buy another page are as follows;

6th and Final Page of inventory space - 15,000 Gold - Unlocked at level 50 Notoriety

This system would allow pirates to better manage their storage while keeping the balance between higher and lower levels. It would give the pirate initiative to level up more so they can collect more goodies :) . Also, the reason for purchasing the inventory space is to give gold more value in the game and give a bit of a challenge to unlock more pages.

I think this would be a great feature because it would allow players to better manage their space and keep more loot then they would have before as my inventory has been full for ages now and I have such good loot and hate to trash it for space :( .

Thanks for your time!
~Jason Darkbones
Sounds good to me. I want a very simple way to have inventory space.

Look honestly I don't care whatsoever I just think we need a simple way for more inventory space ASAP.

Some things I would respond to:
I'm sure that I speak for every pirate in TLOPO when I say we need more inventory space.
This is just a very hasty generalization without any real thought put it to its correctness. Obviously everyone does not agree with your position.

These costs and levels are MUCH too low.
First of all, 6 pages of inventory space is a stretch. In endgame, a player should have no more than 3-4 pages of inventory space MAX, maybe even less.
Also, paying a mere 5000 gold for another page of inventory space, especially at level 10, is ridiculous. At level 25 I have not even come anywhere close to filling up my inventory, let alone to filling up the 3 pages of inventory that you suggest I would have at that level.

Players should start out with one page of inventory space, and then at level 30 they can pay 100000 gold to unlock another page. Then, at level 50, they can pay 150000 to unlock the final page, so at level 50 if they have bought both pages they will have 3 pages of inventory space.

Also, the reason for purchasing the inventory space is to give gold more value in the game
The usefulness of gold will not increase until TRADING is added.

This is just a very hasty generalization without any real thought put it to its correctness. Obviously everyone does not agree with your position.
Who in their right mind would disagree with this? Who goes around and says, "man i really think we need LESS inventory space"

These costs and levels are MUCH too low.
I also did state if you even read the whole thing, that the prices could be changed as well as all of the numbers up there. This was just an example and doesnt have to be taken literally.

Gold is a joke to get.... more inventory space means everyone's inventory will be closer to the same making it less special to each individual. I strongly disagree with any inventory expansion of any shape or form.
I completely disagree, but that is what makes opinions special :)
Either way I would like to see an improvement to the inventory because most players can agree that it is a bit too small

Inventory space should earned through a quest at each lvl interval listed, similar to unlocking teleport totems. (You can't complete the next unless you completed the one before.)

I definitely would like to see inventory expansion at some point. I like the idea of having to pay some gold to unlock more inventory (LOTRO has something like this I believe), but I'm inclined to agree with Stormtimbers; there's no need for more than 2 or 3 pages of inventory the size of what we have now.

Who in their right mind would disagree with this? Who goes around and says, "man i really think we need LESS inventory space"
probably someone logical who doesn't need to make attacks against people who disagree with them

also, if YOU read my entire response, it may have come to you that I do support adding more inventory space, just not the ridiculous amount that you are looking to hand out for pocket change

Gold is a joke to get.... more inventory space means everyone's inventory will be closer to the same making it less special to each individual. I strongly disagree with any inventory expansion of any shape or form.
More inventory space in terms of clothing would actually likely make everyone's inventory more special, contrary to your statement. Currently, mostly everyone ends up trashing every clothing item that isn't a bright. Because they aren't rare. Everyone has just a rainbow inventory because of this with the only real other outfit people keep being a few clothing pieces for roleplay, if they roleplay that is. Adding more inventory space for clothing would allow people to keep a few outfits of peddler's clothing or quest clothing.

You know some people have alts at level 1 and just buy store clothes for that pirate and won't be leveling up so maybe drop the level requirements..

You know some people have alts at level 1 and just buy store clothes for that pirate and won't be leveling up so maybe drop the level requirements..
It's not too hard to get to lvl 10. Besides, if you really wanted the extra space, it would still cost you some gold, which would lvl you up a bit anyway. I still stand by my quest idea (which may be harder for the devs to implement).

When it comes to clothes looting, I go for what I like...not what is considered rare. There are a couple of bright sets and db I'd like to have but I don't need or want the rest.

6 inventory space is absolutely more than one player will ever need. The only use I can think of is if you want to keep your duplicates and have 2 or 3 pages full of them. It really doesn't make since.

probably someone logical who doesn't need to make attacks against people who disagree with them

also, if YOU read my entire response, it may have come to you that I do support adding more inventory space, just not the ridiculous amount that you are looking to hand out for pocket change

So what Im thinking is this: 1 addition Inventory page. Maybe do a quest for it at level 30? Because lets be real, we'd all like more space, but don't be ridiculous. 2 pages is plenty.

. Also, the reason for purchasing the inventory space is to give gold more value in the game and give a bit of a challenge to unlock more pages.

These costs and levels are MUCH too low...

Players should start out with one page of inventory space, and then at level 30 they can pay 100000 gold to unlock another page. Then, at level 50, they can pay 150000 to unlock the final page, so at level 50 if they have bought both pages they will have 3 pages of inventory space.

These are great ideas. Make it cost gold: getting an additional inventory page shouldn't be easy. And as I said earlier, why not make a quest for it? Again, these are my opinionated suggestions but I think they are valid.

It's not too hard to get to lvl 10. Besides, if you really wanted the extra space, it would still cost you some gold, which would lvl you up a bit anyway. I still stand by my quest idea (which may be harder for the devs to implement).
Yes it will cost me but I could go do that ship repair game that gives me gold or play either blackjack or poker, I already have 3 high level pirates so the other 3 are just for fun and I'd like to keep them at level 1

Oh please!!! I'd love more inventory space! It's such a shame to not have room for all the clothes or weapons I like, and end up having to delete my favorite ones. What about those people that want to have all the peddler clothes? They cant have them simply because you can only have five clothing sets. It would mean a lot to have more inventory on weapons and clothes.

Thanks for your time!
~Jason Darkbones

Love the idea of more space... But I would say make it insanely expensive like 100 k for one more at 30 and 200 k for a second at 50. This would keep some balance.

Back