New Weapons/Ships

John668

Sea Legs
Obviously this is very far into the future, as the game should be fully completed before adding anything new, but here are some suggestions. I hear a lot of people talking about new weapons or weapon classes and I have had a few ideas.
WEAPONS
Idea for a whole new weapon class unlocked at 15 or 25 maybe: Crossbows
Like guns, but perhaps not quite as good, or maybe just a lot more accurate, or ability to use poisoned bolts.
The idea behind these is they are like a gun you can use on the living, since you cannot use regular guns on them.
Idea for famed or legendary daggers: Dual wielded daggers, or knifes. Super fast and sharp.
Idea for famed or legendary grenade: Hand cannon, super rare and hard to get but its like a small cannon that you dual wield, like grenades can be used against ships so you can get a better angle to shoot ships, or just used against enemies. High damage takes a long time to reload, could be used for good combos, high damage, low accuracy and fire rate.
Idea for famed or legendary sword: This one is quite far fetched, as it is more medieval. Two handed heavy swords, super slow movement when wielding, super low accuracy and fire rate, but high damage. Perhaps brand new class or just famed weapon.
SHIPS
New ship types, obviously people want Ship of the line/Man of war, but I think there should be ship types that are not better than frigate, but are in between the other ships.
Ship with little to no fire power that is incredibly fast.
Ship kind of like sloop, but a bit bigger and better for war, and super good at ramming due to higher speed
Ship like galleon but less armor and firepower with lots more cargo hold.
ENEMIES
ALSO: More enemy ships should be added that are very OP like boss ships, that you can only access by sailing in dangerous waters that are farther away where anyone can attack anybody, and you have to go on a kill streak of ships such as 10 or higher and then the ship comes after you like the hunters did. More op hunters, or at a certain amount of famed loot when sailing other pirates can come attack you, but you cannot attack them until they attack you first, so you could really be hunted and people get huge bounties for killing you, while you get huge amounts of gold for going on defending streaks and fending off attackers.

I don't know if I'm getting confused with another game but didn't POTCO have muskets?

Some nice ideas though, honestly I hated hunters before and I'm going to hate them in BETA...

I don't know if I'm getting confused with another game but didn't POTCO have muskets?

Some nice ideas though, honestly I hated hunters before and I'm going to hate them in BETA...
They had muskets but crossbows would be different because usable on anyone not just undead.

Obviously this is very far into the future, as the game should be fully completed before adding anything new, but here are some suggestions. I hear a lot of people talking about new weapons or weapon classes and I have had a few ideas.
WEAPONS
Idea for a whole new weapon class unlocked at 15 or 25 maybe: Crossbows
Like guns, but perhaps not quite as good, or maybe just a lot more accurate, or ability to use poisoned bolts.
The idea behind these is they are like a gun you can use on the living, since you cannot use regular guns on them.
Idea for famed or legendary daggers: Dual wielded daggers, or knifes. Super fast and sharp.
Idea for famed or legendary grenade: Hand cannon, super rare and hard to get but its like a small cannon that you dual wield, like grenades can be used against ships so you can get a better angle to shoot ships, or just used against enemies. High damage takes a long time to reload, could be used for good combos, high damage, low accuracy and fire rate.
Idea for famed or legendary sword: This one is quite far fetched, as it is more medieval. Two handed heavy swords, super slow movement when wielding, super low accuracy and fire rate, but high damage. Perhaps brand new class or just famed weapon.
SHIPS
New ship types, obviously people want Ship of the line/Man of war, but I think there should be ship types that are not better than frigate, but are in between the other ships.
Ship with little to no fire power that is incredibly fast.
Ship kind of like sloop, but a bit bigger and better for war, and super good at ramming due to higher speed
Ship like galleon but less armor and firepower with lots more cargo hold.
ENEMIES
ALSO: More enemy ships should be added that are very OP like boss ships, that you can only access by sailing in dangerous waters that are farther away where anyone can attack anybody, and you have to go on a kill streak of ships such as 10 or higher and then the ship comes after you like the hunters did. More op hunters, or at a certain amount of famed loot when sailing other pirates can come attack you, but you cannot attack them until they attack you first, so you could really be hunted and people get huge bounties for killing you, while you get huge amounts of gold for going on defending streaks and fending off attackers.
I agree with the enemy part but i also think that there should be more high lv land bosses (especially lv50 ones)like thrall captain boss etc..Also it would be nice if there were more high lv enemies.

Really liked the idea of "Boss Ships" in the dangerous PvP waters. It kind of reminds of the wilderness in Runescape. But nonetheless, great ideas mate :D

There were a ton of cool new weapons in the phase files, including the boarding axe, scimitar, fist-fighting, among others. I do like your ideas. I like the ideas of new ships BUT they must be balanced. For example, I am completely against the SoTL, way too OP, plus I feel that ship should be reserved for enemies.

One of the things I loved towards the end of Pirates Online was the addition of Fleets and The Queen Anne's Revenge. They motivated even the most jaded plunderers to go back to sea and challenge themselves. Taking the Queen Anne solo was a rite of passage for some.

Obvious other special ships could be added for such challenges like taking The Flying Dutchman, crewed by Davy's boys. The HMS Dauntless or HMS Interceptor with a crew of heavy Royal Navy officers and Dragoons. Sao Feng's Chinese junk would be a nice addition. I'm curious what ship Javier Bardem's villain in Pirates 5 will sail.

A ghost pirate fleet seems to be another good addition and could be tied to invasions. While mates on land defended the beaches, pirates at sea would be fighting their ships.

Speaking of Chinese junks, having one as a ship purchase option would be a nice change of pace too.

Well, they're weapons known as forbidden blades that weren't implemented due to potco closing. To my understanding they planned to release them around the time of Jolly Roger island. Also, the brig is the fan-made version of SOTL but it's more like the black pearl. And I like the idea of the crossbow, but I'm also not all for that. The reason is it's always been against the pirate code to use a gun type on living. There's crabs kroks wasps scorpions etc along with the undead. So kind of pointless in my opinion to make a crossbow just to use on one type of mob. Only about 15% are Navy/EITC. But, it's still a nice idea and would be cool I guess. And as far as the mobs go I'd like the concept of new bosses. Only hard boss at max is Foulberto Smasho. But he only drops daggers from loot. Which of you're farming Silver Freeze he's VERY useful. So other bosses that drop one weapon class loot also would be nice. But the ships, I do not like the idea of other pirates ships being able to attack you. When using a massive war-class ship the broadsides have a wide range and when using one to attack one of those ships if even one cannon ball hits them then they get all the loot you've worked towards. And what if many pirates group up to one side? No. That's what SvS is for. Overall I like the majority of the ideas but some I'm against. "Not trying to discourage you, like I said the majority of its good ideas. Just some of it id change a bit, cause not everyone is going to be ok with losing all their loot, over a miss-fire of a cannon."

Back