Ocean (Server) Maintenance (03/25/13)

Captain Star

Fantabulous Administrator
Admin
We are reducing the total number of Oceans (servers) available not only to optimize overall playability, but also to bring Pirates together in a closer community.
Sailing forward, the Oceans available after this change still include the most active servers that historically enjoy the most robust daily population of Pirates.
We have also retained a good range of less populated servers for Pirates who prefer a quieter, less-crowded play experience.

We hope you find the Caribbean's new server lineup to your liking.
warning_36x32.gif
Sincerely,
The Crew @ Pirates Online

Possibly a reflection upon the dwindling of overall POTCO players on the game but, good overall for in-game "community." :D
*Biggest problem I see with this is until they decide to beef up overall (in-game) security, things could get pretty up-close and personal, for better or worse.

Possibly a reflection upon the dwindling of overall POTCO players on the game but, good overall for in-game "community." :D
*Biggest problem I see with this is until they decide to beef up overall (in-game) security, things could get pretty up-close and personal, for better or worse.
Here is what I sent to the Grog Blog... I would wager gold that it will not be posted... Any takers?? ;)
joke1.PNG

Here is what I sent to the Grog Blog... I would wager gold that it will not be posted... Any takers?? ;)View attachment 48541
Not to come off rude... but if people want to loot by themselves. They can go play a single-player game... cause when i play an MMO, i want to play with other people not just me, myself and i. but on the Grog Blog post that's another thing that's annoying kind of about Disney is how much they censor the community whenever someone wants to speak their mind...:mad:

Not to come off rude... but if people want to loot by themselves. They can go play a single-player game... cause when i play an MMO, i want to play with other people not just me, myself and i. but on the Grog Blog post that's another thing that's annoying kind of about Disney is how much they censor the community whenever someone wants to speak their mind...:mad:
When someone is using a blunder, there is NO SHARING. It is one shot and done. Kind of defeats the purpose of looting together, doesn't it??

If Disney is removing servers, it will at least give them more money to do SOMETHING with it.. whether or not it will go back into POTCO's coffers remains to be seen.

When someone is using a blunder, there is NO SHARING. It is one shot and done. Kind of defeats the purpose of looting together, doesn't it??
and THAT is why i think the looting system POTCO has sucks cause in SWTOR, if you're in a group and you kill something as long as you were closeby you got credit for it unlike in POTCO it doesn't matter if you were in a group or not cause if you don't hit Darkhart or whoever you're farming for rare items, you still won't get credit.

Here is what I sent to the Grog Blog... I would wager gold that it will not be posted... Any takers?? ;)View attachment 48541

Aye, Star. *They probably won't post.

IF ye notice, they rarely post anything critical of the game in the Grog Blog. I know this because I have done so myself, much in the same way you have; with a logical point made and with good intent.

While I have failed to initially think of looting, this could affect "ranking" and SVS lag as well.

*On the other hand, perhaps they figure if they provide the means for pirates to closer interact with one another...everyone's (general) game play will benefit for the sake of "community" and a stronger POTCO. Looking at their decision this way, those causing harm to the game will have a tougher chance to just hide considering the majority of players around them whom could report bad behavior.

In my opinion, this move would be OK but not particularly at this time, in light of SO many other problems out there the developers should be focusing upon. :rolleyes:

Not to come off rude... but if people want to loot by themselves. They can go play a single-player game...
Well the thing is that there isn't a single player POTCO. And people want to play POTCO.

cause when i play an MMO, i want to play with other people not just me, myself and i.
Say your looting by yourself on POTCO, and a person comes up and uses a blunder to kill all the enemies. They get a skull chest with World Eater Blade inside. How would you feel?

and THAT is why i think the looting system POTCO has sucks cause in SWTOR, if you're in a group and you kill something as long as you were closeby you got credit for it unlike in POTCO it doesn't matter if you were in a group or not cause if you don't hit Darkhart or whoever you're farming for rare items, you still won't get credit.
We are playing POTCO, not SWTOR.

Well the thing is that there isn't a single player POTCO. And people want to play POTCO.

Say your looting by yourself on POTCO, and a person comes up and uses a blunder to kill all the enemies. They get a skull chest with World Eater Blade inside. How would you feel?

We are playing POTCO, not SWTOR.
Once again, that's why i hate the POTCO looting system. it A.) promotes a more single-player experience due to people not all getting the same loot, rep and etc. B.) I used SWTOR as an example since obviously it's more successful then POTCO currently is. also during the first day of the Lost Sword of El Patron getting released me and a couple of my IRL friends grouped together and fought Darkhart for 2 days trying to get the Lost Sword. both of my friends got it but i didn't so i DO know how it feels to get left out on nice loot.

In my opinion, this move would be OK but not particularly at this time, in light of SO many other problems out there the developers should be focusing upon. :rolleyes:

This x100000, the idea was sound but at completely the wrong time. They have numerous amounts of other problems they should've fixed before merging a bunch of messed up servers with other messed up servers cause now all it's done really at this time is made the game more un-attractive and unplayable almost.

They're right on one thing. This update is bring the pirates community closer simply because most everyone agrees that this is a cruddy change(or at least at this time). Something else they probably dont realize, or just dont care about is that even though they 'retained a good range of less populated servers' it doesn't matter because all the servers are going to be more populated.

Here in the US, I predict a lot of "late-night" POTCO play with a decrease in caffeinated beverages stocked at the local convience stores! (Don't mean to poke fun; everyone's current schedule might need 'adjusted'). - SIGH -

Back