Ocean (Server) Maintenance (03/25/13)

They better bring the loot drops % Higher because its going to be a lot harder now. Maybe they need less servers for the new upcoming update people are saying will hit test April 1st? Or They are taking the money they are paying yearly or monthly or what ever they pay for the 15 servers they took off to pay developers for new updates. Who knows why did they did.

Hmm... they usually have a few comments on their grog blog posts by now. Not any in sight for this one, maybe because they're all negative. :p
This is a abomination!!!! I will not tolerate this any longer. Now I pay good dang money to these people and this is what they give to me! I played potco for years and this is just... ugh!!!! I'm going to go comment on that grog blog and give them a piece of my mind! :cursing: and if they don't accept my comment request then that shows that they can't take the truth.

Maybe they are doing it to make the game run smoother and more efficiently for perhaps a future update?
We were trying to get them to do that for years. When they try to run the game "smoothly" it usually means cutting back on something. How many servers did they got rid of already? Perhaps they're slowing killing it off, or losing money. They should ask Disney to pitch in.

I agree...

And this is totally the wrong kind of attention that is needed...

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but I am almost 90% sure that different servers have different loot drop rates/rarities.

I have actually experimented with that theory and found it doesn't matter where you are or what server you are on.

Although this is not entirely what I wanted to see this will reduce the stress on the servers (less lag) But reduces the amount of quiet servers.

While I am sure this is incorrect but they don't have the most powerful servers for the game. the less stress there is on the ACTUAL server (computer) the better in this case.

Hopefully if DIMG gets a better budget for POTCO they can upgrade servers to more powerful ones, add old oceans back, AND work on big game updates.

As a looter, I'm disappointed because it decreases my odds of getting good loot. Less servers, less choice, less opportunity, less good loot overall.

And now the chances of having to deal with knuckleheads rise significantly. <--- Know that ye looters.

I understand what they are trying to do though. Less people play now--a lot less. So, this is considered, by Disney, to be the best use of their resources. The one thing I hope (not optimistic though) is that this "freeing up of resources" is used for bug fixes and added content for those still playing. Again though, I'm not at all optimistic.

The explanation was absolutely SPIN though. I chuckled as I read it.

My angry comment.png

While I can understand the need for this (to reduce server maintenance costs and upkeep; less players playing), this is totally inconsiderate to the active players. I know it is beyond our control what Disney decides to do; some kind of notice or warning would've sufficed for me though. At least that would've given us a heads-up, instead of this abrupt change. Even more so, they have used this little "cover-up" before on making the pirates community more "tightly knit" when they have previously reduced the number of servers. My point being this: they're running out of options.

Perhaps they think that by reducing the number of servers will make it appear that there are more players on the game (even though there aren't)?? Either way, I don't see how this helps the game at all.

In my opinion it can be both good and bad. Yes a lot of the servers are gone but honestly with so few people playing anymore I don't think its going to be like you cant find a new server. Yes a few of the looting servers are gone but if you think about it don't you think that the loot will still be placed in game? You will just have to find a new looting server its possible really. I guess that's just my opinion though.

While I can understand the need for this (to reduce server maintenance costs and upkeep; less players playing), this is totally inconsiderate to the active players. I know it is beyond our control what Disney decides to do; some kind of notice or warning would've sufficed for me though. At least that would've given us a heads-up, instead of this abrupt change. Even more so, they have used this little "cover-up" before on making the pirates community more "tightly knit" when they have previously reduced the number of servers. My point being this: they're running out of options.
You could say they're ready to jump ship.

Question... Anyone who might have the answer, please let me know...

They took away our servers before. I think it was back in the spring of 2011. I have gone through the Grog Blog and the Release Notes trying to find the information. Does anyone know anything?
They have been removing servers and adding them back for years. This is the first time I remember them posting a blog about it, I could be wrong though.

Back