Discussion Ok, if no trading, how about bribing other pirates?

honestally once ya have 300k and upgraded the ships you want gold is kinda worthless really personally id like a new ship to be bought with a max stack but thats just my thoughts....
as per the bribing thing honestally i can not see it going very far in terms of usefulness like say trading

We can bribe some npc so why not with other players and I'd still prefer trading since you can just bribe other players through trading.

There are a few things that gold can buy two things that comes to mind for me is the Trading Outpost Store and ships ofc. So me personally, I don't have a problem with this idea. I want to be seen and talked about before I make it a suggestion. Apologizes if it has been suggested before.
It seems to me you may looking for a way to transfer funds from on alt to another alt. Instead of wasting gold buying 12 different colored sails to blow 20K at a time, you can give it to another alt who is low on gold.

but trading would accomplish the same thing. To bribe kind of suggests a favor is being paid for. I'm trying to think what situation in the game would cover this as far as player to player.

I'm not sure how I feel about trading or this bribing idea.. It'd have to be done in a way so as not to take away the 'legendary' meaning of legendary weapons..

I'm not sure how I feel about trading or this bribing idea.. It'd have to be done in a way so as not to take away the 'legendary' meaning of legendary weapons..
Well the legendary meaning isn't what it used to be since a lot more people have legendaries and there's so many more in such a short time period.

Bribing npcs is in game already and I fail to see how bribing other players with gold could possibly be effective or workable. Maybe I'm missing something? Do you have any example of how it might work?

It won't really suck for the majority of the community seeing as the polls on this forum is in favor of trading.
Lol? What? Just because a poll exists and the majority is for it, doesn't change that it has con's.

If they were to add something like this they might as well just call it trading gold. I get why people want trading, and I'm ok for trading between alts at the very least... the problem I have with trading or even this bribing idea is that it will bring more harm to the community than good... at least in my eyes.

The only good thing I see is the ability to gives items you do not need to others, this includes gold... maybe an economy could form, but I doubt it would happen for a long while if at all. The downsides include: beggars, guild entry fees/guild fees, pestering for items when someone get's something in a loot group maybe even leading to guilds kicking other pirates if they don't give them things (of course any guild that would do this would not be a guild you should be in in the first place), and just lowering the games overall experience... the game is based upon loot, that's really the extent of the gameplay once you hit endgame, much like Diablo which doesn't include trading outside of people who were with you at that time for this very reason.

I want to want trading I do, but this just isn't the game for it, and I don't trust the players to be cordial if trading was a thing.

Lol? What? Just because a poll exists and the majority is for it, doesn't change that it has con's.
I never said trading doesn't have cons and just because it has cons doesn't mean the cons outweigh the pros and that the developers shouldn't add trading to the game. There will always be players who will abuse something it happens even in real life.

Last edited:
Hi guys, Rights and wrongs of it aside, it seems to me that the ability to 'bribe' other pirates would just be another bit of coding that wouldn't actually achieve anything practical given that it is easy to pass gold between pirates using poker. Now some people might consider it a fun addition, but personally I would prefer that the devs put their precious time into coding more innovative stuff (like bringing back CD :excited: for example). xxx

I never said trading doesn't have cons and just because it has cons doesn't mean the cons outweigh the pros and that the developers shouldn't add trading to the game. There will always be players who will abuse something it happens even in real life.
The cons definitely outweight the pro's. I've detailed this in the past. The last point you made is something that shouldn't just be brushed off as "it happens in real life, so it's insignificant, and cant be helped."

Back