Discussion Ok, if no trading, how about bribing other pirates?

The cons definitely outweight the pro's. I've detailed this in the past. The last point you made is something that shouldn't just be brushed off as "it happens in real life, so it's insignificant, and cant be helped."
What are your details? I hope it's not that players will keep begging players to trade them or that some players will try their best to trick other players into trading something of value for something that's not valued by most because of course that'll happen but I seriously have my doubts it'll be in the majority.

What are your details? I hope it's not that players will keep begging players to trade them or that some players will try their best to trick other players into trading something of value for something that's not valued by most because of course that'll happen but I seriously have my doubts it'll be in the majority.

I agree and I asked this question a long time ago but I think it bears repeating:

If the amount of time and effort you put into looting famed, brights, and legendary items was so great, what makes you all think that people are going to be trading those items away for gold or inferior items? What makes you think that these items will fall into the hands of low levels? Why is what other people trade any of your business?

I agree and I asked this question a long time ago but I think it bears repeating:
Well some people think some people will get those valued items from friends/guild mates for free and they defintely will but I have my doubts it'll be widespread. People should be able to do what they want with their items since it is theirs and it doesn't really feel like we own our items until we can trade them.

I dont want to repeat myself, if you want to know you can go look for it, it's in one of the trading threads. This entire topic as a whole is completely redundant and has been discussed over and over and over again. At this point we just need a yes or no(from the staff if it'll be implemented or not) answer cause this topic as a whole has just become trivial to debate over.

Well some people think some people will get those valued items from friends/guild mates for free and they defintely will but I have my doubts it'll be widespread. People should be able to do what they want with their items since it is theirs and it doesn't really feel like we own our items until we can trade them.
Okay regardless this thread was not about trading. There was no point in derailing this thread and lowering it to the meager state of yet another trading discussion.
I still know almost nothing about this bribing feature or why it will benefit the game besides being new or different. I'd like to learn more

Okay regardless this thread was not about trading. There was no point in derailing this thread and lowering it to the meager state of yet another trading discussion.
I still know almost nothing about this bribing feature or why it will benefit the game besides being new or different. I'd like to learn more
Trading is literally mentioned in the title of the thread. The idea of bribing is obviously being used to circumvent, or be a "plan B," to the idea of trading (as is evident by the title). Trading has a rightful place in the conversation.

Trading is literally mentioned in the title of the thread. The idea of bribing is obviously being used to circumvent, or be a "plan B," to the idea of trading (as is evident by the title). Trading has a rightful place in the conversation.
Well seemingly nobody even knows what the OP was even trying to suggest for bribing as he never stated specifically what it was supposed to be or be used for. This thread is about bribing, not trading as "literally mentioned in the title of the thread" with "Okay, if no trading, how about bribing other pirates."
You turned a suggestion for an additional feature that nobody has suggested before into another copy of every trading thread that goes nowhere. OP didn't even get to talk about his suggestion at all before people turned this into another debate

Well seemingly nobody even knows what the OP was even trying to suggest for bribing as he never stated specifically what it was supposed to be or be used for. This thread is about bribing, not trading as "literally mentioned in the title of the thread" with "Okay, if no trading, how about bribing other pirates."
You turned a suggestion for an additional feature that nobody has suggested before into another copy of every trading thread that goes nowhere. OP didn't even get to talk about his suggestion at all before people turned this into another debate
OP did talk about his suggestion though on the first page...

"The cons definitely outweight the pro's. I've detailed this in the past. The last point you made is something that shouldn't just be brushed off as "it happens in real life, so it's insignificant, and cant be helped."
"The cons definitely outweight the pro's. I've detailed this in the past."
Could you post links to your thoughts detailing as to the cons against trading in tlopo. Even copy/pasting your comments would be very appreciated in my new thread. No poll, just discussion pro and con of trading.
I made a new thread "Conversations with Interpirate on why trading shouldn't be in Tlopo" starting with our conversation about trading, as this thread that anderson started wasn't about trading at all and people didn't give him a chance to really formulate his concepts. I asked where in the game his idea may work.

"The last point you made is something that shouldn't just be brushed off as "it happens in real life, so it's insignificant, and cant be helped.""

Why did you interject your beliefs and incorrect assumptions of what Aar's content was. She didn't say anything about insignificant or can't be helped.
I't didn't strike me she was remarking anything like that. That's putting words in her mouth. No one appreciates that.

And when a majority shows by posting and polls that they are for a feature, that pretty much is a deciding fact that most organizations base decisions on and that con's do not outweigh the pros in the majority view and to the developers.

That's like the looters saying "oh everybody does afk leeching, so it must be fine and legal to do" In this case, it turns out that 'everybody' is just a handful of players playing with 5 to ten alts a piece. But that's also another thread and needn't be brought up as a main point at this time.

Hope you visit the thread. It already has your name on the door!

"The cons definitely outweight the pro's. I've detailed this in the past."
Could you post links to your thoughts detailing as to the cons against trading in tlopo. Even copy/pasting your comments would be very appreciated in my new thread. No poll, just discussion pro and con of trading.
I made a new thread "Conversations with Interpirate on why trading shouldn't be in Tlopo" starting with our conversation about trading, as this thread that anderson started wasn't about trading at all and people didn't give him a chance to really formulate his concepts. I asked where in the game his idea may work.

"The last point you made is something that shouldn't just be brushed off as "it happens in real life, so it's insignificant, and cant be helped.""

Why did you interject your beliefs and incorrect assumptions of what Aar's content was. She didn't say anything about insignificant or can't be helped.
I't didn't strike me she was remarking anything like that. That's putting words in her mouth. No one appreciates that.

And when a majority shows by posting and polls that they are for a feature, that pretty much is a deciding fact that most organizations base decisions on and that con's do not outweigh the pros in the majority view and to the developers.

That's like the looters saying "oh everybody does afk leeching, so it must be fine and legal to do" In this case, it turns out that 'everybody' is just a handful of players playing with 5 to ten alts a piece. But that's also another thread and needn't be brought up as a main point at this time.

Hope you visit the thread. It already has your name on the door!
:laugh:

Mhm I was going to bring it up but I thought most knew about it. Also, I completely forgot how that worked since I haven't done a quest with that feature in a while.
@Fred Anderson
-Any quest with a bribe brings you to an npc where you either paid them with gold for info or an item or potion if I recall.
I still can't formulate where in the game a bribe type of feature would work between players and why.

Back