Old Body Styles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DON'T WANT to look like a monster!! :mad::eek:
monster.jpeg
I am NOT AN ANIMAL!!!

I'm not in a dire need to see the old body back, since pirate lasses didn't have such a monumental style compared to the lads ... Never really paid attention whether old body style for ladies has larger upper or bottom parts ... :lol1:. I personally like the proportional ones anyway. But I don't blame players who want to have the old body style back since humans naturally vary in sizes and shapes. Right now I almost see every other pirate lasses out there looking like Jade ... :D. I love seeing little pirates, they are so cute and a rare sight right now. And I don't really understand why old body types caused so much technical problems that they had to be completely discontinued; too many variables/possibilities or what?

I'm not in dire need to see the old body back, since pirate lasses didn't have such a monumental style compared to the lads ... Never really paid attention whether old body style for ladies has larger upper or bottom parts ... :lol1:. I personally like the proportional ones anyway. But I don't blame players who want to have the old body style back since humans naturally vary in sizes and shapes. Right now I almost see every other pirate lasses out there looking like Jade ... :D. I love seeing little pirates, they are so cute and a rare sight right now. And I don't really understand why old body types caused so much technical problems that they had to be completely discontinued; too many variables/possibilities or what?
What I don't get is if they caused so many problems, they would have removed them completely not just from the create a pirate menu. So Obviously that's not their real reason.

I'm not in a dire need to see the old body back, since pirate lasses didn't have such a monumental style compared to the lads ... Never really paid attention whether old body style for ladies has larger upper or bottom parts ... :lol1:. I personally like the proportional ones anyway. But I don't blame players who want to have the old body style back since humans naturally vary in sizes and shapes. Right now I almost see every other pirate lasses out there looking like Jade ... :D. I love seeing little pirates, they are so cute and a rare sight right now. And I don't really understand why old body types caused so much technical problems that they had to be completely discontinued; too many variables/possibilities or what?
i heard they were removed because they did not want in game dating

When exactly were the old styles replaced?

If I'm not mistaken, it's between March and August of 2010 (I know, that's a 'huge' window there ... :p, please correct that if you find a reliable source). As I remember, we still had the option for the old body types when I created the first Jade O'Hayes in March of 2010, but when I created the second Jade in August of 2010, the option had been removed.

What did the old bodies have to do with that? Lol, They say they were removed because of glitches, but I have 2 pirates with old bodies, and they work fine. They also said it was to reduce lag, and if anything it's gotten worse. Plus if it was for these reasons, they would have removed the bodies from the game completely, not just from the create a pirate menu.

If I'm not mistaken, it's between March and August of 2010 (I know, that's a 'huge' window there ... :p, please correct that if you find a reliable source). As I remember, we still had the option for the old body types when I created the first Jade O'Hayes in March of 2010, but when I created the second Jade in August of 2010, the option had been removed.
I believe your right, because if I'm not mistaken, they released the new bodies in the same update as Pirate Revival yes? And I believe it was all around that time

What did the old bodies have to do with that? Lol, They say they were removed because of glitches, but I have 2 pirates with old bodies, and they work fine. They also said it was to reduce lag, and if anything it's gotten worse. Plus if it was for these reasons, they would have removed the bodies from the game completely, not just from the create a pirate menu.

well the new bodies look ugly, and the old ones looked amazing

Scary! Can't imagine what those bulked up pirates were doing lol Pulllease... I just finished dinner :mad: ewwww
old bodies are not just big bulky guys

I agree with Jimbo, I don't think it had anything to do with that at all. As of right now, pirates on game still date each other. Like Jim said, I heard it had something to do with the lag, but what is the logical explanation of that? I want an explanation that makes sense.

Scary! Can't imagine what those bulked up pirates were doing lol Pulllease... I just finished dinner :mad: ewwww

I don't know when you created you pirates but when I created my first Jade, I remember we could adjust the upper, side and bottom part (for pirate lasses, use your imagination, did look a little unproportional) in so many ways. Then I saw my Jade and I didn't like it, so I frantically undid what I have done, but I forgot the starting point of it. So when I created my second one, I completely lost track on how I made my first one (I wanted them to be identical, but turned out not quite so). It was so easy creating the third and fourth ones, since there were not so many steps/possibilities to remember anymore, they turned out completely identical. Good, or bad things, I guess.

I agree with Jimbo, I don't think it had anything to do with that at all. As of right now, pirates on game still date each other. Like Jim said, I heard it had something to do with the lag, but what is the logical explanation of that? I want an explanation that makes sense.

I don't know when you created you pirates but when I created my first Jade, I remember we could adjust the upper, side and bottom part (for pirate lasses, use your imagination, did look a little unproportional) in so many ways. Then I saw my Jade and I didn't like it, so I frantically undid what I have done, but I forgot the starting point of it. So when I created my second one, I completely lost track on how I made my first one (I wanted them to be identical, but turned out not quite so). It was so easy creating the third and fourth ones, since there were not so many steps/possibilities to remember anymore, they turned out completely identical. Good, or bad things, I guess.

old bodies had so much more customization!!!!!! now everyone looks the same!

I don't know when you created you pirates but when I created my first Jade, I remember we could adjust the upper, side and bottom part (for pirate lasses, use your imagination, did look a little unproportional) in so many ways. Then I saw my Jade and I didn't like it, so I frantically undid what I have done, but I forgot the starting point of it. So when I created my second one, I completely lost track on how I made my first one (I wanted them to be identical, but turned out not quite so). It was so easy creating the third and fourth ones, since there were not so many steps/possibilities to remember anymore, they turned out completely identical. Good, or bad things, I guess.[/quot
old bodies had so much more customization!!!!!! now everyone looks the same!
Yes, I wish I could "deflate" some of my body parts. Seriously, it HAD to be a guy that configured the girl pirates. :mad:

I remember these, haha. The first time I actually tried to experiment with those options and made Joseph, my first thought was that his mom put a corset on him when he was young... :confused:

Anyway, I did enjoy seeing the "Amazon girls" and "short-and-plumps" running around in-game; it was a nice alternative to seeing the "default" bodies now, and I suppose it gave the pirate (and the person behind the screen) a little bit more character to me. I wouldn't feel too sad to see them go for now though, I think Disney has (or should have) its hands full with fixing glitches and implementing new and creative stuff into the games.

"It's not a tuuuumor," lol. :rolleyes:
I do think there's room for all of them.
I have to agree with Eliza on this :iagree:. "Good" point!
There is no benefit to playing with these bodies...
But there are others who started playing after they were removed, and I don't think it's fair for them not to be able to experience them the way we were.
I agree with you on this but_do you think that one "benefit" (for the guys anyway) might be that chest tattoos show up better on the old body types? I have no idea if this is true or not but, I was just thinking this to myself right now.
I agree with Jimbo, I don't think it had anything to do with that at all...
...Like Jim said, I heard it had something to do with the lag, but what is the logical explanation of that? I want an explanation that makes sense.
Aye - Jade - I agree :). I had "bolded" the point you had made for better emphasis.
...The first time I actually tried to experiment with those options and made Joseph, my first thought was that his mom put a corset on him when he was young... :confused:
:cool: Man, how freaky would that have looked, lol?

~ I wish they would have just left the old body type alone while adding the new!
Can you imagine though if Disney was just mean enough to where they designed an option on the game to where the ('old & new') pirate body types would "gain weight/retain water" depending upon how active on game our avatars arrrrr, lol.

For my own pirates, that would be cruel & unusual punishment but then again, highly effective to keep my motivation in check, rofl.
:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back