Question Other remakes.

LOL.... Old Salt.... Means Knowlegeable of said subject, over years of experience..... Or If you want more than that.... English speaking Naval service persons who retold the tales or historical events of old... to be passed down the generations for the enrichment and benefit of others..... Or experienced in testing games (In her personal experience, as she said - (And also in MY personal work history) As many people can do the world over... Alpha/Beta testing is about exactly that.... Testing a game.... Anyone can do it if you have an passion for games, and how to report issues clearly and concisely with the details at hand....

TLOPO is the only project that has had the competency, dedication, and effort to remake POTCO fully for the community. Any talk of another "remake" is useless and really shouldn't be allowed. Because frankly, people want to play the game and won't sit around waiting for an alternate project while a more developed one is in production, its basic logic.

Glad to hear that from the lead developer of POA lol
TLOPO is the only project that has had the competency, dedication, and effort to remake POTCO fully for the community. Any talk of another "remake" is useless and really shouldn't be allowed. Because frankly, people want to play the game and won't sit around waiting for an alternate project while a more developed one is in production, its basic logic.

The sooner you face the consequences of reality, the sooner you are able to properly and correctly strategize.

The sooner you face the consequences of reality, the sooner you are able to properly and correctly strategize.
I'm glad you mentioned the consequences of reality. Mind sharing with everyone here POA's perception of why said remake is budgeting with donations gained from other people (when it's clear that a lot of 'consequences' could result for not only POA but for everyone else)?

In a nutshell, what does that say? (I've quit clicking on links shared publicly; sorry).

TL;DR ~ The link says they need donations to maintain the game which will be sent to the owner(Aaron Wharton) because "we are not obligated to register such donation under a group."(not just a pirate in-game, eh?) until 10 000 USD is met, then the money will be registered as under the website's name. People will be able to track the donations via a "Price Map"(website does not explain what it is). Anyone doubtful can send an email and request how the money is used.

The official explanations are quite weak. Worse than Kickstarter projects which at least the inventors have prototypes of their work.

Last edited:
We will be rewriting our business page to more adequately represent and answer questions like yours. I will give you an update when this rework is complete, and hopefully we can come to a mutual understanding.

We will be rewriting our business page to more adequately represent and answer questions like yours. I will give you an update when this rework is complete, and hopefully we can come to a mutual understanding.
Why don't POA just merge with TLOPO? Seems there is no grudge between both groups. Also, seeing how Aaron Wharton is an enemy of that other group and TLOPO being in the same situation an enemy of an enemy is a friend.

TL;DR ~ The link says they need donations to maintain the game which will be sent to the owner(Aaron Wharton) because "we are not obligated to register such donation under a group."(not just a pirate in-game, eh?) until 10 000 USD is met, then the money will be registered as under the website's name. People will be able to track the donations via a "Price Map"(website does not explain what it is). Anyone doubtful can send an email and request how the money is used...
Thank you.
I hope so. I think...a lot of people will be interested to understand POA's official position (and the 'reasoning' which goes into it).

Look forward to understanding more. Just know I think the accepting of donations is a huge (& irreversible) mistake.

Why don't POA just merge with TLOPO? Seems there is no grudge between both groups. Also, seeing how Aaron Wharton is an enemy of that other group and TLOPO being in the same situation an enemy of an enemy is a friend.

Differring strategies in management, moderation, and development. I have full respect for TLOPO, especially their development team; knowing the pain and stress they have gone through on almost a daily basis. I just believe there is a better way to create the game from a design or architecture standpoint. We are not using the same networking framework or backend as them, and plan to offer different features eventually. Also TLOPO has explicitly stated they will not take part in merges.

TL;DR ~ The link says they need donations to maintain the game which will be sent to the owner(Aaron Wharton) because "we are not obligated to register such donation under a group."(not just a pirate in-game, eh?) until 10 000 USD is met, then the money will be registered as under the website's name. People will be able to track the donations via a "Price Map"(website does not explain what it is). Anyone doubtful can send an email and request how the money is used.

The official explanations are quite weak. Worse than Kickstarter projects which at least the inventors have prototypes of their work.

Unlike another "remake", the price map was made to stay 100% transparent with how much money it takes to run the project, and the donations that have been contributed towards POA, along with donator's business names.

Just a question, what did you mean by "...least the inventors have prototypes of their work." ?

As far as I have seen, Not every kickstarter has "prototypes", infact - most kickstarters just have ideas. So as a statement of fact - what was said about kickstarters all having "prototypes" is false at best, but I understand the essence of what you are trying to say, Linerax

People seem way too defensive of TLOPO in this discussion. It's not some terrible blasphemy to discuss other remakes. This website was made for POTCO, so any remake that wishes to bring POTCO back should absolutely be allowed a voice. I don't see why these forums would have to be TLOPO specific anyway. I get that they've become TLOPO's official forums, but I don't see a problem with other remakes also having a presence here. We all just want to play the game again, and considering no project has a fully functional remake put together yet, it's not absurd for other projects to get in the running.

The problem is simply this.... There are some elements from Both sides that just wish to cause hassel, they don't seem to care actually WHO brings out a remake, they just like the drama of the thing. I personally wouldn't mind hearing how the other remakes get on, for me.... The PotCo community is what matters here, and No offence to ANY DEVS, they are only supposed to bring back a game we all love, and believe was shut down WAY BEFORE it's time. The dramas We all could do without.... Am I wrong?

The problem is simply this.... There are some elements from Both sides that just wish to cause hassel, they don't seem to care actually WHO brings out a remake, they just like the drama of the thing. I personally wouldn't mind hearing how the other remakes get on, for me.... The PotCo community is what matters here, and No offence to ANY DEVS, they are only supposed to bring back a game we all love, and believe was shut down WAY BEFORE it's time. The dramas We all could do without.... Am I wrong?
I'd be interested in hearing about what we are doing besides bringing back the game we all love. Thanks

Most of the drama is coming from those same fans. TLOPO developers are very busy between their personal lives and the work on TLOPO that they are doing. If you have been playing, you may have notice the rapid release of updates and bug fixes? That's because they are concentrating on building this game, not on causing drama. I don't play the other "other remakes" so I do not know how dedicated their developers are to releasing bug fixes and content but I have seen how hard the TLOPO developers are working and they just do not have time for drama.

Back