Request Permanent Ignore Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not play this game to make friends. One of aspects I like bout POTCO was there wasn't no real need to fight any bosses with "community." I truly have a hard time with you all thinking this is such a wonderful "community." You must be blinded to some of these ppl true personalities. Such as staff member that encourages "trolls" on the forums and in game. Another that is all smiles and sunshine here, but in game is a nasty person that likes to spread untrue rumors in the game, and they were just as fake in POTCO as well. This is why I like looting by myself. I avoid these ppl and dont have the urge to say something to some of cringy, misguided, attention wanting players in this game. But sadly, Pali, the twins and koko are not able to be looted solo within a timely manner to be worth soloing. So now, I am "force" to deal with these players if I would like to loot these bosses. You gave those whining bout afkers on their "public" open ship the power to kick them off...I don't see any reasonable reason why we cant have a permanent block/ignore feature. I enjoy the game and appreciate it being open for us to play. If I can have permanent block/ignore those I want...trust me they will also be happy I am not saying anything to them lol ;)
I certainly sympathize with you on looting with mobs, they are usually not my style and I often have difficulty with the conversations that go on. I usually loot solo or in a small group of friends. If you really do want to loot the big boys, Pacifico particularly then I really recommend that you do make more friends; you can organize looting parties with like minded friends and avoid the drama. I am for this ignore option but don't really feel it's a huge deal that needs immediate attention from the developers.

It’s called diffusion and a lesson to be learned in so far as conflict resolution (well that and the fact that I am trying to do my best to model ‘humility’ online).

There is nothing humble about what you are doing. It looks like sarcasm and it in fact escalates a conflict and doesn't diffuse it.
Truly humble behavior has to be authentic. I didn't see anything sincere about it.

Let’s put your above ^ idea into practice here on the forums with permission from @Davy Darkrage or @Captain Star. If you and everyone else agree, we’ll just call it an “experiment” and people are free to report and/or IGNORE me (given I really have nothing to lose anymore).

Below is what I propose:
- I will follow your posts around this forums
- In the best way that I can, keeping forums rules in mind and complying with them, I will respond to any or all posts I find from you (whether you agree with my opinion or not) to prove that I can always follow you around the internet
- You will publicly agree to engage with myself following your posts by saying something to my public profile (and not through private messaging)
- You are welcome to report and/or personally IGNORE me to which I will comply (because I have no problem with you anyway given this is just an ‘experiment’)
- Anyone is welcome to participate as long as they notify me publicly on my profile

*Yeah, it’s silly but...perhaps we can all see how much effort/energy it really does take for someone (including moderators) to put forth towards the handling of “ignoring ” someone as opposed to that same person reaching out to an individual (personally) to resolve potential conflict.
This thread is about in game ignore feature. Not on the forum ignore feature.

You are clearly no scientist. The design of an experiment you propose would preclude participants who can taint the study by acting in ways that are intended to produce the outcome they want. By being the person who wants to prove something and then using yourself and your behavior as modeling a typical stalker, you would produce results that are atypical since you would be trying to prove your point.

The experiment you propose has already been done. If you have read the thread on the ignore feature on the forums which you did participate in, you know I already have a stalker like the one want to become and you can ask the forum mods if you want to discover I haven't reported them once for this behavior, so in my case it hasn't absorbed any of their time. If the purpose is to prove that you can follow me around the forum, it is a mute point as you should know from the previous discussion that the follow feature on the forum allows you to follow someone on the forums even if they have you on ignore.

If you want to try following me around in game (which is what this thread is actually about) then you will fail miserably.
The forum and the game are completely different.

There is nothing humble about what you are doing. It looks like sarcasm and it in fact escalates a conflict and doesn't diffuse it.
Truly humble behavior has to be authentic. I didn't see anything sincere about it.

This thread is about in game ignore feature. Not on the forum ignore feature.

You are clearly no scientist. The design of an experiment you propose would preclude participants who can taint the study by acting in ways that are intended to produce the outcome they want. By being the person who wants to prove something and then using yourself and your behavior as modeling a typical stalker, you would produce results that are atypical since you would be trying to prove your point.

The experiment you propose has already been done. If you have read the thread on the ignore feature on the forums which you did participate in, you know I already have a stalker like the one want to become and you can ask the forum mods if you want to discover I haven't reported them once for this behavior, so in my case it hasn't absorbed any of their time. If the purpose is to prove that you can follow me around the forum, it is a mute point as you should know from the previous discussion that the follow feature on the forum allows you to follow someone on the forums even if they have you on ignore.

If you want to try following me around in game (which is what this thread is actually about) then you will fail miserably.
The forum and the game are completely different.
Thank you for your post. I do appreciate your opinion and also, yourself interpretating why I have been posting to this thread. It remains your opinion. (Untrue though but...I appreciate it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your post. I do appreciate your opinion and also, yourself interrupting why I have been posting to this thread. It remains your opinion. (Untrue though but...I appreciate it).

Can you guys be nice to each other on my thread plz k thx
Ugh... so Shamus doesn't know what an opinion is... he seems to think opinions can be "untrue"... and that opinions "remain" opinions until we convince him otherwise... :bashhead:

He does not appreciate our opinions, who is he trying to fool? No wonder this conversation is going nowhere.

Beggar, please request this thread to be closed before it's too late.

Ugh... so Shamus doesn't know what an opinion is... he seems to think opinions can be "untrue"... and that opinions "remain" opinions until we convince him otherwise... :bashhead:

He does not appreciate our opinions, who is he trying to fool? No wonder this conversation is going nowhere.

Beggar, please request this thread to be closed before it's too late.
Well after someone (not you) suggesting that I get trolled on these forums to prove a point not related to this thread, and then being told I'm interpreting said person improperly (Like that's even makes any sense, lol )
This fighting I think proves the point that some people justvdont get along and a permanent ignore button is,a good option.

I think I'll peace out till the discussion moves back to the original topic (permanent in game ignore feature)

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed in how a lot of the commenters here have chosen to conduct themselves.

I suspected there would be some vehement disagreement, but I had hoped that all of you would at least approach this discussion with a degree of good faith and a shared understanding that everyone here has the game's best interests at heart. Instead, you're all determined to find only the worst interpretations of each other's comments. You've chosen to substitute meritorious argument for childish whining and snide slights.

This is not appropriate and it definitely doesn't make the game or these forums better. All it does is make yourselves feel good about how much you've pwned someone you disagree with.

I've requested that this thread be locked. This conversation is dead in the water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back