Pictures For Basil

Um ... I think we have a communication problem here ... :p My bad ...

When you click 'eraser' tool on the left, the brush will automatically pick the 'circle' kind, right? Don't mess with the box on the right side of your screen; don't change it to 'calligraphic'. Now, make sure that on the left side NO box is checked (fade out, apply jitter, etc have to be un-checked). I've been doing it too, and it works fine on my end.

Um ... I think we have a communication problem here ... :p My bad ...

When you click 'eraser' tool on the left, the brush will automatically pick the 'circle' kind, right? Don't mess with the box on the right side of your screen; don't change it to 'calligraphic'. Now, make sure that on the left side NO box is checked (fade out, apply jitter, etc have to be un-checked). I've been doing it too, and it works fine on my end.

still nothing. I don't know why it's doing it to me. I'll try again tomorrow

I hope this makes sense to you ... not very good print screens.

1. First of all, crop your image from the background as much as possible. Use 'rectangle select tool', make a window around your image, then click menu 'Image' on top, then 'crop to selection'.

2. Using the 'free select tool' (= lasso), make a free-form cutout "outside" your image, by clicking and dragging/holding down your left-click of your mouse. Basically you want to isolate your image and delete everything around it.
GIMP instruction 1.jpg

3. Hit 'delete' button on your keyboard. And do that to all big chunks around your image.
GIMP instruction 2.jpg

3. Make sure that the background color box is a color that is CONTRAST with your image. Then Zoom all the way in (about 200%). Put your cursor on 'erase tool', and the setting on eraser on the bottom left section should be: Brush on 'circle' (don't pick any brush type that is on the right hand-side of your screen), you can adjust the 'scale' (the size of your brush), and NO box should be checked at the bottom-left (where fade out, apply jitter, etc are).

Now start erasing all excess background surrounding your image/pirate, by clicking and dragging/holding down the left-click button on your mouse. You DO need a steady hand. If you make a mistake, there is always an 'undo' button under an 'Edit' menu on top. That's your best friend!
GIMP instruction 3.jpg

I hope this makes sense to you ... not very good print screens.

1. First of all, crop your image from the background as much as possible. Use 'rectangle select tool', make a window around your image, then click menu 'Image' on top, then 'crop to selection'.

2. Using the 'free select tool' (= lasso), make a free-form cutout "outside" your image, by clicking and dragging/holding down your left-click of your mouse. Basically you want to isolate your image and delete everything around it.
View attachment 3682

3. Hit 'delete' button on your keyboard. And do that to all big chunks around your image.
View attachment 3683

3. Make sure that the background color box is a color that is CONTRAST with your image. Then Zoom all the way in (about 200%). Put your cursor on 'erase tool', and the setting on eraser on the bottom left section should be: Brush on 'circle' (don't pick any brush type that is on the right hand-side of your screen), you can adjust the 'scale' (the size of your brush), and NO box should be checked at the bottom-left (where fade out, apply jitter, etc are).

Now start erasing all excess background surrounding your image/pirate, by clicking and dragging/holding down the left-click button on your mouse. You DO need a steady hand. If you make a mistake, there is always an 'undo' button under an 'Edit' menu on top. That's your best friend!
View attachment 3684

I FOUND the problem!! After using lasso, I had to use Rectangle tool to tske OFF The Lasso! Now I can erase!! WHOO!!!
Wish I could Hug you but, sadly, the Computer Screen and, thousands of miles, are in my way :sad1:

Yes, I'll " Let" you win! LOL

:D Ik you wouldn't do it voluntarily .. :rolleyes:
I just beat a random person lvl 50 who randomly invited me on a pvp, just him and me, and I used my broadsword ... :p
He was so nice tho, asking me to use a cutlass ... well, I hadn't had it, so ... must have been thinking, who's this 'noob' ... At least I could say I beat a lvl 50 once! :lol1:

Back