Pirate Of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we can all agree on this:

1. Pirate of the Week will be nominated by pirates of the forum
2. Judges will be Will Nightwolf, plus an even number of forum staff members (to make it odd)
3. Pirates cannot nominate themselves
4. Pirate of the Week lasts for 7 days
5. Winner will have their picture in a specific "Online" box (like the staff)

Do we have an accord?

Not quite. Here are revisions to William's suggestion:

2. Judges will be DAVY DARKRAGE, WILL NIGHTWOLF, plus an ODD number of forum staff members (to make it odd).
* Why? Because Davy started this website, and Idk about you, but I can trust him to be the only neutral judge (no punt intented to other staff members).

3. Judges will pick maximum of 5 top nominees out of all nominees by pirates.
* Why? Just in case there are tens of pirates nominated by pirates, which would be chaotic. Remember the Academy awards? There are thousands of pictures out there, and they all come down to top 5 for the nominees.

4. In the case of one of the judges is picked by pirates to be top nominee, that judge will turn his role over to another staff member.
* Why? Either Davy Darkrage and Will Nightwolf deserve to be chosen as one of the top nominees, I'm sure they will be strong contenders. If it happens, then Davy or Will will not be the judge for that week, and his position as a judge can be turned over to another staff member (just for one week).

1, 3, 4, 5 from William's suggestion carry on here as well.

Note:
- Do we need 'a catagory' as for why we pick this one pirate as a Pirate of The Week? Or anybody who nominates someone should tell the reason why he/she picks somebody? Or the judges are the ones who have to figure out the reason a pirate gets picked, and they have to announce it at the moment they announce the winner?

2. Judges will be DAVY DARKRAGE, WILL NIGHTWOLF, plus an ODD number of forum staff members (to make it odd).
* Why? Because Davy started this website, and Idk about you, but I can trust him to be the only neutral judge (no punt intented to other staff members).

* Why? Just in case there are tens of pirates nominated by pirates, which would be chaotic. Remember the Academy awards? There are thousands of pictures out there, and they all come down to top 5 for the nominees.

4. In the case of one of the judges is picked by pirates to be top nominee, that judge will turn his role over to another staff member.
* Why? Either Davy Darkrage and Will Nightwolf deserve to be chosen as one of the top nominees, I'm sure they will be strong contenders. If it happens, then Davy or Will will not be the judge for that week, and his position as a judge can be turned over to another staff member (just for one week).

Note:
- Do we need 'a catagory' as for why we pick this one pirate as a Pirate of The Week? Or anybody who nominates someone should tell the reason why he/she picks somebody? Or the judges are the ones who have to figure out the reason a pirate gets picked, and they have to announce it at the moment they announce the winner?

i vote jade o' hayes
EDIT (Feb 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM):

Note:

i vote jade o' hayes
i vote jade o' hayes

i vote jade o' hayes

and me of course

Guys we've already decided what is going to happen Me and Davy will be the judge yes only 2 judges. We will discuss who wins and we will decide the winner. we won't pick ourselves and in order to win we both must agree on the winner. There is not going to be any nominations PERIOD. Why? because this isnt a popularity contest we will decide who wins based on a few reasons time spent on forums, quality of posts, etc.. Why the 2 of us as judges because we both are on the forums quiet a bit and if we weren't the judges we'd win every week. We have a system already and that is the system we will use. Any complaints look at my current pic.

Guys we've already decided what is going to happen Me and Davy will be the judge yes only 2 judges. We will discuss who wins and we will decide the winner. we won't pick ourselves and in order to win we both must agree on the winner. There is not going to be any nominations PERIOD. Why? because this isnt a popularity contest we will decide who wins based on a few reasons time spent on forums, quality of posts, etc.. Why the 2 of us as judges because we both are on the forums quiet a bit and if we weren't the judges we'd win every week. We have a system already and that is the system we will use. Any complaints look at my current pic.

Rofl os all I have to say... Seems like I'm not the only one that disagrees wit u =P

i vote jade o' hayes
and me of course

Alright now ... you took up too much storage space!
pirate.tongue.gif

Note:

LIKE THIS POST IF YOU AGREE WITH JADE'S IDEA!!!

Then, count the likes and add one for me!!!

Alright these seem to be the main things people disagree with
1-you guys want nominations
2-odd number of judges

ok let me start of with the first. Why no nominations. Because when you nominate people and then try to have a vote this is what will happen. At least 90 percent of you will pick someone you like probly one of your friends. A decent chunk of you will be like hey vote for me this week and I'll vote for you next week. So it will be just a popularity contest and the one person who probly deserved it wudn't win cause not every chooses someone based on their actions a very high chunk will pick based on friendship, you think their picture is funny, etc.

Now the second. Why only 2 judges. Because if both judges me and davy both decide that one particular person deserves to be the winner then that person will win cause the two of us both see how much that person deserves to win. If we disagree on who should win then the 2 of will discuss who should win and why and maybe well be able to show the other why. The person who wins shudn't win unless each judge decides on that person and if only 2 out of 3 judges need to pick someone then that will lead to drama so if it's only two then its a quick drama free discussion.

Voting is just a popularity contest and there absolutley will not be voting.
The two of us as judges will be fine and it'll be drama free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back