Do you agree with my Solutions?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • No.

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Not exactly...

Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters
Another solution to prevent pirates from being too overpowered could be the concept of grouped enemies. Usually when you fight, you approach a single enemy and fight them. However, with grouped enemies you'll be fighting multiple enemies simultaneously (who can all attack you at the same time) and there could be three main factors that dictate how hard they are to fight:

-Different amounts of enemies within each group (eg: 3/4/6/8 enemies)
-Groups of varying levels (higher levels = more aggressive AI)
-Groups with bosses (group leader = hard boss enemy)

Fighting grouped enemies would differ from fighting multiple single enemies at the same time in the sense that within each group, each enemy has multiple roles to play (eg: healer). A new addition could be allowing group enemies to heal each other and use a wider range of weapons, making each fight unpredictable. Group bosses could be the first NPCs to use a voodoo staff.

The final living enemy you're fighting within the group suddenly sheathes her cutlass, wields her voodoo doll, attunes you and uses life drain. Game over.

A final (much needed) addition could be the introduction of more variation within the game. This can be achieved by creating female models of pre-existing enemy characters and merging them into the groups. Random spawns would ensure that you're not fighting the same group of people each and every time.

Grouped enemies can be introduced in multiple pre-existing areas of the game and can be placed in positions where fighting them is purely optional. They can offer another functionality such as acting as "guardians"/barriers to prevent pirates from accessing a certain area. This does not completely block pirates from accessing said area, however it indicates that you may need a crew if you value your life.

Or they could add legitimate resistances finally. it would be great to see clothing items that give some form of resistance to certain types or damage and especially nice to see enemies that are resistant to certain types of damage some that are downright immune and some that take bonus damage from certain damage types
I love this idea, every time I look at this thread I think about this. I hope the developers will not mess with the existing items and game play and will look to add content, such as Isla Escondida, that incorporate ideas such as this to add more balance for the higher LVL players. The previews of Isla Escondida make me think that they are looking in that direction, yay! The simplicity and balance for low to mid LVL pirates is one of the best things about the game.

Back