Pirates Online Community Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadeDev

Swashbuckler
Greetings TLOPO Forums,

I wanted to introduce a new concept I have. In 2016 I started one of the first TLOPO Community Discord servers and of course, it ended up dying for quite obvious reasons. Most recently, I decided to recreate this Discord and hope that we can create an active community for general Pirates Online discussion. With this being said, I want to introduce to you the Pirates Online Community Discord server.

If you're interested in being staff we'll be sending out applications soon.

If you're interested in joining you can obtain a permanent Discord invite link by clicking here. {LINK REMOVED}

If you have any questions feel free to PM me on Discord at Fade#4723

~ The Crew @ Pirates Online Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who thinks this may be against the rules, I'd highly suggest checking out Charles Warmonk's post which has been up for quite awhile now with no consequences involved. I figured it'd be okay, since it clearly is for him.

Hello Mr FadeDev,

To my mind, it isn't so much about whether it is against the rules... I will leave that to others who may be more familiar with the forums to give an opinion... but I think it would be a great shame if it took away from or diluted the discussion that happens here.

As I see it this site is an "active community for general Pirates Online discussion" as you put it, and it is hard to see what purpose a second one would have while, if it succeeded, it could have the effect of splitting the community.

I urge you to reconsider.

Love Maisy xxx

Hello Mr FadeDev,

To my mind, it isn't so much about whether it is against the rules... I will leave that to others who may be more familiar with the forums to give an opinion... but I think it would be a great shame if it took away from or diluted the discussion that happens here.

As I see it this site is an "active community for general Pirates Online discussion" as you put it, and it is hard to see what purpose a second one would have while, if it succeeded, it could have the effect of splitting the community.

Love Maisy xxx
There is already a ton of tlopo related discords, one more will change absolutely nothing. Lol

I believe there's a thread with discord links here somewhere, at least I remember seeing one. However, I think most people tend to stick to discords for their guilds only.

I believe there's a thread with discord links here somewhere, at least I remember seeing one. However, I think most people tend to stick to discords for their guilds only.
Incase you're concerned, TLOPO really has nowhere that you can get fast support for just something small in-game besides there email which I'm sure is overwhelming for the staff. I made this to be a support Discord with professional Support Team staff that are willing to help you to the best of their ability.

Hello Mr FadeDev,

Love Maisy xxx
I got to say, Internet Pirate is correct. One more Discord server will not vary whether or not the community is separated. This is a Discord server, not a game. However, we do thank you for your feedback.

Incase you're concerned, TLOPO really has nowhere that you can get fast support for just something small in-game besides there email which I'm sure is overwhelming for the staff. I made this to be a support Discord with professional Support Team staff that are willing to help you to the best of their ability.

Oh, I am not concerned. I wish you the best of luck. I was just throwing that out there. Huge discords like this aren't really my cup of tea, chat generally moves way too fast for me to keep up, so I stick to my guilds discord, if anything.

There is already a ton of tlopo related discords, one more will change absolutely nothing. Lol
Huh, well this post certainly makes it sound like there a already several active discords in place.

I got to say, Internet Pirate is correct. One more Discord server will not vary whether or not the community is separated. This is a Discord server, not a game. However, we do thank you for your feedback.
And this post seems to also imply there are other active discords out there.

I made this to be a support Discord with professional Support Team staff that are willing to help you to the best of their ability.

Because all the others don't have staff that are willing to actively help others with small questions they may have about the game

Mr FadeDev,

You didn't mention that your Discord was being set up as a support initiative in your initial post. Is this a more recent adjustment to your ToR? Either way, it does make it a less destructive development than the direct competition to the forums that your first posting implied, and I am personally pleased to hear it.

In relation to other posts, as far as I am aware the majority of other TLOPO themed Discords have a specific purpose, either to offer a place for Guild members to meet, as mentioned by @Gracie<3 , or for other specific content. As you give @Charles Warmonk as an example in your earlier post, his new Discord is for finding crew and to identify live boss groups, etc.

If other Discords for "general Pirates Online discussion" do exist then I would have the same misgivings about them. I am not expert on the range of available Discords, but I remain sceptical about any that set themselves up in direct competition to these forums. Aiming to divide a community is not cool in my view.

Love Maisy xxx

Mr FadeDev,

You didn't mention that your Discord was being set up as a support initiative in your initial post. Is this a more recent adjustment to your ToR? Either way, it does make it a less destructive development than the direct competition to the forums that your first posting implied, and I am personally pleased to hear it.

In relation to other posts, as far as I am aware the majority of other TLOPO themed Discords have a specific purpose, either to offer a place for Guild members to meet, as mentioned by @Gracie<3 , or for other specific content. As you give @Charles Warmonk as an example in your earlier post, his new Discord is for finding crew and to identify live boss groups, etc.

If other Discords for "general Pirates Online discussion" do exist then I would have the same misgivings about them. I am not expert on the range of available Discords, but I remain sceptical about any that set themselves up in direct competition to these forums. Aiming to divide a community is not cool in my view.

Love Maisy xxx
It's farfetched to say that it's competing with the forums, Lol. Also why choose this of all posts to comment on after several months of absence?

And why are you so interested in this topic, when you have your OWN discord for your OWN remake?
This has literally no relevance to this thread. Is there a problem with that? cause it seems as if you're trying to make it seem like a problem. If you're trying to refer to fact that i asked them a question, it's a question. I have every right to comment on this thread nor do i have to explain myself. This thread is not about you me or anyone else, it's about a community discord and i may have taken that off-topic(which i take responsibility for), but there's no need to derive it more off the topic.

And why are you so interested in this topic, when you have your OWN discord for your OWN remake?

This has literally no relevance to this thread. Is there a problem with that? cause it seems as if you're trying to make it seem like a problem. If you're trying to refer to fact that i asked them a question, it's a question. I have every right to comment on this thread nor do i have to explain myself. This thread is not about you me or anyone else, it's about a community discord and i may have taken that off-topic(which i take responsibility for), but there's no need to derive it more off the topic.

Mr Internetpirate

And yet you ask me to justify my interest in this thread!

I have no wish to get into an argument with you or anyone else. As are you (as you make clear) I am entitled to express a view and to note my personal disquiet about any venture that might split the community. FadeDev has clarified that his new Discord has the specific purpose of providing support and I have stated that I have no problem with that.

I really don't have anything further to add.

Love Maisy xxx

Last edited:
Why is it whenever someone brings up POTCO-community related things you and so many others are so quick to shoot it down. TLOPO, other remakes, pirates related chats, discords, forums, etc. They all come from the POTCO community whether you like it or not. Stop treating TLOPO and these forums as if they are the only things that can or should exist. I remember back in the POTCO days even, there were plenty of methods of communication besides these forums and no one seemed to care one way or another. People talked and interacted on Facebook, across a few Wikias, a few other forums, and more. Sure, there may have been disagreements, but never a feeling of this toxic superiority. So quit justifying it by "I don't want to split the community up further." It's always been split between all these different sub-communities, support people's love for POTCO, instead of hating something because its not TLOPO or these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back