Pirates Online Community Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting support through discord is a great idea. I seen examples of an individual getting in touch with a moderator in game and getting quick help that way. Live support is much quicker than waiting for an email reply. But if it is official game support(account this, technical that), it should be set up by the staff themselves or at least given the go ahead by them( them making a post of it and such). For one thing you are saying its for general discussion but then its for TLOPO support(professional support), so yea the messaging as others have pointed out is confusing. You should have said something along the lines of " Hey guys I made a discord aimed at discussing all things pirates online and oh yea we have some TLOPO mods over here if you ever need get in contact with one quickly). By the way I think most of the antipathy towards other projects is mostly relating to the you know who can't be named cash grab that competed against this project. But anyways this is not about another project. Its about a third party getting involved in the official support of the game?

Locking this per our provision against Discord discussions. You may ask to have your link added to the directory if you like. This thread was pretty tame, but looking at another (now-removed) thread, it seems like we're still not ready to handle these sorts of discussions. This rule applies to everyone, so feel free to report other threads of this nature if you come across them. It's not deliberate, but inevitably some things fall through the cracks.

And for the record, I don't view Discord servers as competitors to the forums or what have you. They're similar I guess, but they fill different niches and there's plenty of room for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back