Pirates Online Rewritten Alpha Key Winners Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade1

Site Founder
To all those anticipating the list of Alpha Key Winners, they have been released the morning of May 5th, 2014. Cheers to the winners ;)

alpha key winners.JPG

I'm sorry I'm changing the mood but I have been a critic and will continue to be so long as I see too many things wrong rather right with the process of another remake's Development. I must point out that I find it a little odd that a another remake Staffer wins a giveaway from another remake when there could be another. You can go ahead and start saying "It's just a few spots" but frankly it just makes me suspect bias if you ask me. I honestly couldn't have cared if I won one. There were 1800 people who signed up (or accounts). The chances of being one of 50 were low.

I'm sorry I'm changing the mood but I have been a critic and will continue to be so long as I see too many things wrong rather right with the process of another remake's Development. I must point out that I find it a little odd that a another remake Staffer wins a giveaway from another remake when there could be another. You can go ahead and start saying "It's just a few spots" but frankly it just makes me suspect bias if you ask me. I honestly couldn't have cared if I won one. There were 1800 people who signed up (or accounts). The chances of being one of 50 were low.
There is no bias. If there were then 'All' the Staff would have gotten a key. And to all those that didn't get a key, Don't worry there is always beta or Full release. Which I'm sure beta & Full release will be a lot better than alpha.

There is no bias. If there were then 'All' the Staff would have gotten a key. And to all those that didn't get a key, Don't worry there is always beta or Full release. Which I'm sure beta & Full release will be a lot better than alpha.

If a staffer wins a key that means they have an obvious bias my friend. It sounds as stupid as Disney giving away Unlimited Access then Bob Iger winning 1/50 of those codes (Example). Furthermore, I was in a skype call with one of the Staffers/Developers who was reviewing the applications manually. They weren't as many believe "chosen at random". I honestly find it hard to believe there isn't "bias".

If a staffer wins a key that means they have an obvious bias my friend. It sounds as stupid as Disney giving away Unlimited Access then Bob Iger winning 1/50 of those codes (Example). Furthermore, I was in a skype call with one of the Staffers/Developers who was reviewing the applications manually. They weren't as many believe "chosen at random". I honestly find it hard to believe there isn't "bias".
If you think that way then go ahead. I'm not here to start any trouble.. That 'Staffer' as you say is a Good person & will do his job well as will the other Alpha testers.

If you think that way then go ahead. I'm not here to start any trouble.. That 'Staffer' as you say is a Good person & will do his job well as will the other Alpha testers.
Don't get me wrong Remy, that staffer is a good and close friend of mine and I have nothing against him, but at the same time it makes me wonder in the future what the environment is set to be like IF another remake is successful. I think this way for a very good reason.

It seems kind of odd that another remake staff members had to win their own alpha keys. Couldn't they have just tested the game alongside fifty other winners instead of having to take up slots on the winner's sheet? It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to let the staff members be testers in addition to the fifty other winners.

To my knowledge, all staff members from Pirates Online Rewritten were supposed to get keys, anyways. I do find it odd, that there was a staff member in the "50 Alpha Key Winners" list; maybe that was a messup?

To my knowledge, all staff members from Pirates Online Rewritten were supposed to get keys, anyways. I do find it odd, that there was a staff member in the "50 Alpha Key Winners" list; maybe that was a messup?
I hope so. It wouldn't seem fair to put one of them on the list if they're all going to get it, or give it to none of the others. If I was developing a game of some kind all staff members would automatically be testers no matter what, even if they only moderated the forums or something. It would be a way of saying: "Thanks for helping this become a reality."

I hope so. It wouldn't seem fair to put one of them on the list if they're all going to get it, or give it to none of the others. If I was developing a game of some kind all staff members would automatically be testers no matter what, even if they only moderated the forums or something. It would be a way of saying: "Thanks for helping this become a reality."
I was talking about this with another persona actually and frankly it would make all the sense to just give them just that. These people, who some of them that moderate Forums over there btw, are actually experienced and not at random picks completely and help keep any trivial and other sorts of unnecessary trash and spam at bay while Devs and Website handlers can focus on the task at hand. Some deserve it immensely if they aren't getting it. One of them being Jzfredskins, while he isn't "developing" the game, he is developing and bringing back the website POTCO was on. It would be devastating to know he wouldn't get it considering all the hard work he surely went through getting it back. And I know there are others who are honest to goodness good people that would deserve such if they aren't getting it. If this isn't a mistake then it would be extremely appalling.

I was talking about this with another persona actually and frankly it would make all the sense to just give them just that. These people, who some of them that moderate Forums over there btw, are actually experienced and not at random picks completely and help keep any trivial and other sorts of unnecessary trash and spam at bay while Devs and Website handlers can focus on the task at hand. Some deserve it immensely if they aren't getting it. One of them being Jzfredskins, while he isn't "developing" the game, he is developing and bringing back the website POTCO was on. It would be devastating to know he wouldn't get it considering all the hard work he surely went through getting it back. And I know there are others who are honest to goodness good people that would deserve such if they aren't getting it. If this isn't a mistake then it would be extremely appalling.
All the Developers are getting keys. So I would assume Jzfredskins is getting one.

I've been a bit curious myself why have alpha keys at all if it's single player. I would understand if there were a server to overload or something.

Does seem odd that all people with the project weren't given keys and therefore ineligible for the raffle.

Nevertheless congrats to all winners :excited:

I've been a bit curious myself why have alpha keys at all if it's single player. I would understand if there were a server to overload or something.

Does seem odd that all people with the project weren't given keys and therefore ineligible for the raffle.

Nevertheless congrats to all winners :excited:

I was actually talking to a Former Developer on the same call, he said that it isn't the full game and would in fact be single player. Additionally last I heard they were also missing two islands.

You guys do know they are having more contests right? There will most likely be contests every week or every other week to win an alpha key. Its not just the 50 people, it will be more than that. Just letting you know :)
Of course one might assume so but it still seems odd some of the names on there, especially if I haven't already mentioned it the particularly large and well known POTCO names (and nothing against them they are decent people) such as @Punkin Pie and @ElizaCreststeel along with a staffer such as yourself on the list which makes us find it once again, fishy and such of the nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back