Pirates Online Rewritten Alpha Key Winners Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually talking to a Former Developer on the same call, he said that it isn't the full game and would in fact be single player. Additionally last I heard they were also missing two islands.

Of course one might assume so but it still seems odd some of the names on there, especially if I haven't already mentioned it the particularly large and well known POTCO names (and nothing against them they are decent people) such as @Punkin Pie and @ElizaCreststeel along with a staffer such as yourself on the list which makes us find it once again, fishy and such of the nature.
All the islands are accounted for :)

I was actually talking to a Former Developer on the same call, he said that it isn't the full game and would in fact be single player.
Yeah it was announced a few weeks ago it would be singleplayer (actually, it was shortly after I pointed a another remake team member to Astron, a child project of TTR for which they subsequently posted a notice looking for help with). It makes me nervous that such an oversight was made this early, but any progress is good progress.. so I'm trying not to be too critical of the effort.

THis is interesting. Someone "Official" says the list needs to be removed. My eyebrows were raising thats for sure.
InterestingDevelopments.png

Of course one might assume so but it still seems odd some of the names on there, especially if I haven't already mentioned it the particularly large and well known POTCO names (and nothing against them they are decent people) such as @Punkin Pie and @ElizaCreststeel along with a staffer such as yourself on the list which makes us find it once again, fishy and such of the nature.
SIGH. Well...I am going to have to go against my word to remain silent and not comment anymore (I do apologize; I did 'try' to do my best; will continue to 'try' after I comment below).

Everyone:

Sooner or later someone besides myself is going to have to catch on to the fact that if a majority of well-known POTCO names are not included on such a "list" (or any other list for that matter that has to do with 'any' particular emulator/new game project news, contest, or event), that this fact alone seems to imply that those chosen were not chosen equally on the same level as other participants.

Now I do realize that some of these names could very well have been chosen by ex-POTCO players to match the name they decide to use to register upon a particular forums site. *However, when has any POTCO player not wanted to include their main POTCO pirate name when it comes to themselves participating in something like this? :confused:

As a ex-POTCO player, may I quickly see the raise your hand if more than 3-4 of these names (out of the 50) ring a bell for you? They certainly do not for me. And while I do admit that I recognize a few names, the majority of those names seem to have been pulled out of thin air! If this is not the case, then why would such a vulgar name actually be listed within this alpha key list (left side; 12 name from the top)?

I apologize to another remake ahead of time for this statement...but...there is HUGE difference between developing a game and managing it on a level which is both professional and fair to everyone! - IF such a name as that 12th name listed (left side; down from the top) is a clue as to the professionalism behind how future another remake events/contests will be conducted, count myself out as another remake staff have claimed already that the game will remain "child friendly."

~ Tell me, on another remake's official website would declaration of such names reflect honorably another remake's 10+ age rating (as noticeable at the bottom of the main page)? :confused: Come on now, mates; you can do much better than that!

Last edited by a moderator:
SIGH. Well...I am going to have to go against my word to remain silent and not comment anymore (I do apologize; I did 'try' to do my best; will continue to 'try' after I comment below).

Everyone:

Sooner or later someone besides myself is going to have to catch on to the fact that if a majority of well-known POTCO names are not included on such a "list" (or any other list for that matter that has to do with 'any' particular emulator/new game project news, contest, or event), that this fact alone seems to imply that those chosen were not chosen equally on the same level as other participants.

Now I do realize that some of these names could very well have been chosen by ex-POTCO players to match the name they decide to use to register upon a particular forums site. *However, when has any POTCO player not wanted to include their main POTCO pirate name when it comes to themselves participating in something like this? :confused:

As a ex-POTCO player, may I quickly see the raise your hand if more than 3-4 of these names (out of the 50) ring a bell for you? They certainly do not for me. And while I do admit that I recognize a few names, the majority of those names seem to have been pulled out of thin air! If this is not the case, then why would such a vulgar name actually be listed within this alpha key list (left side; 12 name from the top)?

I apologize to another remake ahead of time for this statement...but...there is HUGE difference between developing a game and managing it on a level which is both professional and fair to everyone! - IF such a name as that 12th name listed (left side; down from the top) is a clue as to the professionalism behind how future another remake events/contests will be conducted, count myself out as another remake staff have claimed already that the game will remain "child friendly."

~ Tell me, on another remake's official website would declaration of such names reflect honorably another remake's 10+ age rating (as noticeable at the bottom of the main page)? :confused: Come on now, mates; you can do much better than that!

And if that wasn't the error, then why did one of the officials pictured in my screen above come screaming to take down due to an error. It upsets me we have to question professionalism of the more organized, mature Post-POTCO Projects.

Everyone:

Wish I could like this 100 times :walk the plank:

Can we all please be more supportive of another remake and their efforts to make a game similar to a game which we all loved?
I think we all, or at least the majority of us support another remake and their efforts. However if you are going to support something, and you want that something to succeed, you must bring up and offer solutions to the issues that are present.

All the islands are accounted for :)
Not really.
http://newpotco.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Mike_Wass/Pirates_Online_Rewritten_Needs_You!

Can we all please be more supportive of another remake and their efforts to make a game similar to a game which we all loved?
I do understand some of you have opinions or certain disagreements with another remake on something that has happened possibly, or something that you may just not like.

Please remember that another remake is made up of ex-Potco players like you and I.
They are a part of the devoted pirate community that we all love and miss. They are all people that are excited to be part of building the new game. They are all willing to be part of a team and do to whatever they can to get the game going.

another remake development has probably had some rough times. But they are still working hard to produce a game for You, for Us, for the Community. A game that was close to our hearts. A little more patience and understanding and support is what they need. I'm sure it's a big learning process, and we all make mistakes. That's the only way people can learn, is from mistakes. Opening Alpha up to certain players to help find bugs or glitches, is progress. I think if it was opened to everyone, they may have too much feedback on things they already know and be opened up for more negative comments which they don't need. No matter if something is missing or whatever isn't in game yet, they are still showing us that progress is being made.

From the another remake Developers down to the another remake Chat Mods and staff, not all of them may be experienced or even have much spare time to offer. But they All have the excitement and bravery to take on such a big job as launching a new game. They have given their free time to devote themselves to be part of the greater cause, of delivering a game for everyone to enjoy.

Please keep that in mind that. :angel: It's still a work in progress.

Sorry if that was a little too much elaboration, I'm just hoping we all bend and offer another remake more support which is what they really need at this time.

With that being said..
Thanks to all of the another remake Staff for doing what you're doing!

Frankly I understand they are having troubles but if we sit there going "oh okay" then first of all they won't be built up correctly furthermore there are other behind the scenes things you have to account for when it comes to servers which STILL makes me skeptical even if everything else is lined up. I have seen a lot of things as well that I feel that may change the landscape of the game too much that I wouldn't like to see, and it starts with the little things whether we wish to acknowledge it or not. If we don't say anything early on, then they'll get away with bigger things we may not at all approve of. I don't have a problem being more supportive but if there are some gaffes that are unforgiveable I surely am not going to say "oh okay" I will make sure a ton know it and don't brush it off because "POTCO DON'T YOU REMEMBER <3 -tears streaming-". I want their claims to be legitimate in possibly being better than Disney could have made it after its closing. If they are proven to be successful, and professional too and not per se... biased or such... then I'll have nothing to say and neither will either. We have no problem supporting them and we understand they are going to have mistakes, but some are just common sense logic you should use especially considering the ages of those managing.... and it's those things that frustrate and will be called out on.

No less thanks to another remake Staff for what they do (even if in some of their eyes I am a hacker).

From the another remake Developers down to the another remake Chat Mods and staff, not all of them may be experienced or even have much spare time to offer. But they All have the excitement and bravery to take on such a big job as launching a new game. They have given their free time to devote themselves to be part of the greater cause, of delivering a game for everyone to enjoy.
At the risk of going off-topic somewhat, I have one last thing to publicly say.

While I don't feel that nobody is questioning the honorable intentions of the another remake developers and staff, from the get-go there has always been a certain level of "mystery" (I say 'mystery' for lack of a better word) behind those responsible for not only another remake but also POTHS. This small hint of reluctance, to be quite frank, is unacceptable in my opinion in so far as including the whole POTCO community in on supporting both the emulator and new game project. (Initially, the only players whom understood the intentions behind another remake were those players whom had frequented the Wiki). ~ The last time I had checked, the POTCO community involved players from numerous forums and fan-club sites!

While I am not expecting perfection from either another remake nor POTHS, each effort has publicly proclaimed to serve the betterment of the community as a whole and for that, I am most thankful. ;) However, with the specialized forums which had sprung up as a result of each...well...actions do speak louder than words and I just feel that another remake and POTHS have not taken the time to look at the bigger picture of things because they are entirely too preoccupied with their developmental goals.

So...in a sense, @Reyes De Luz is right because to passionately care about something to the point to where you publicly state how things can be improved, that in and of itself is supporting a project indirectly by offering improvements. For myself and my own actions, I do apologize to another remake for my strong words lately. :oops: However, whether another remake admits it or not, they do remain in a unique position to alter the fate of our community. But even so, I have noticed key decisions being made lately without the overall POTCO community in mind. This irks me :cursing: somewhat because I do understand failure completely on a public scale and I would not wish another remake to have to go through that because of silly, unprofessional mistakes.

*Anyway, to get back-on-track...I do "congratulate" those forums members here for being chosen as another remake (Alpha) testers!
:congrats:

Last edited by a moderator:
But even so, I have noticed key decisions being made lately without the overall POTCO community in mind. This irks me :cursing: somewhat because I do understand failure completely on a public scale and I would not wish another remake to have to go through that because of silly, unprofessional mistakes.

I understand what you mean Shamus, it helps to look at the overall picture. I'm not sure what decisions you mean though, I was gone a while and haven't been able to keep up on everything totally.

It's clear that some people have complaints or maybe they do not have a total understanding of what's going on in the game development. When I hoped everyone would support another remake's efforts, it's a reminder too, that they aren't a team of professional developers like Disney had. They are probably learning a lot too, as they go along, and maybe they don't mean to be evasive about something, they're probably just doing what they believe is the right thing to do. (Sorry if I'm being naive).

I really haven't spoken on this issue for some time, mainly just to stay out of it. With that being said, I feel we have good, valid intentions being expressed on both sides. I wouldn't say people are being hesitant or concerned about Pirates Rewritten for the wrong reasons, as it's clear that some hiccups have been made during the reconstruction of the game(which in my opinion is almost inevitable because it's hard to please everyone). I also want to give credit and recognize the group of developers, whom are dedicated members of the original game, giving their unpaid time to remake POTCO. The majority of fans of the project are putting aside concern and judgement because they're getting their beloved game brought back to them. I feel that is the main point that @Punkin Pie is pushing. We know that the team for another remake hasn't resembled a rock at all times(team members leaving, giving occasional incorrect or misguided information), but they seem to be gaining progress fairly well with no major speed bumps.

I didn't pay too much attention to the Alpha Key List winners at first until the issue of a possible staff member making the list came up, as well as questionable people being named. Truthfully, I can't make the best advocate for the issue because for one, I haven't been up to date with newer/questionable names - and the fact that i'm on the list. At this stage, I think we can all be correct in saying that the list is in some way or form, biased. I have a hard time speaking on matters which I have no control of, and that's where I think a few of us need to draw the line. We all have our opinions and recommendations to give to the another remake staff, but since they are at the helm, they have the ability to take it into account and make the calls they think will be best for their team and community. Many wanted a list of their staff including bios, involvements, and their role in another remake. Now, I do think that would gain some respect with certain members of this forum(who I'm sure already know the list and just want the community to share the same knowledge), but it's the Rewritten staffs decision to pursue it or not. If that involves losing support from a group of players, then that's something they must deal with - same goes with the players who might be turned off of the game if this list gets released.

As a Guildmaster of a large POTCO guild, I believe it's very important to see both sides and try to act as civil, understanding voice when dealing with any endeavor. If any issues addressed by members such as @Shamus The Brute arise and become a problem for interested players of another remake, that is on the staff to face the consequences. I share the same concerns as many of you, but it's on me to decide to play a game I'm not calling any shots for. If we don't like it and nothing changes for the better, we simply won't stay. The Pirates Online Rewritten staff would know this too i'm sure. We can state our concern and that's the most I feel we can do. I don't intend to cross beliefs or spark argument by any of this statement.

-Blade

...Many wanted a list of their staff including bios, involvements, and their role in another remake. Now, I do think that would gain some respect with certain members of this forum(who I'm sure already know the list and just want the community to share the same knowledge), but it's the Rewritten staffs decision to pursue it or not. If that involves losing support from a group of players, then that's something they must deal with - same goes with the players who might be turned off of the game if this list gets released.
-Blade
I do appreciate the words you had written, Blade. Thank you for reminding us of the bigger picture. :)
- Someday, I hope everyone can begin to understand that if it wasn't for the fact that POTCO harbored a "dark" side:vader:(where POTCO players 'themselves' overtook and modified the game) that many of these concerns which have arisen today would not be an issue!

Also, perhaps it is wrong of myself to assume that the lack of TRUST I feel is generally understood and felt by everyone else (if that is not the case, I will acknowledge this and 'change' despite the research I have compiled). ~ But dang it! Why couldn't Disney have pounced upon the decision to revive the game because if they would have...:piratemickey:it would have been the "right" mixture of creativity, trust, and developmental responsibility for all ages of players to enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back