Pirates Online Trading

do you wan trading to come out?

• Total voters
How would you wake up with no weapons?

Actually, on the pride thing, there would definitely be a level of pride attached to getting a good weapon via trading. You have to earn the gold to buy a sword, don't you?
And besides, nobody is going to trade a World Eater Blade for a rusty cutlass. So that would mean that you need a good sword to trade for a World Eater, aye? And you'd get this sword via looting. Which takes effort. Which means pride.
And besides, if someone wants to give a World Eater Blade to their friend, why not?
I don't think there is any pride with anything bought honestly. Gold is possibly the easiest thing to obtain in this game, so it's not like you worked too hard to get it.

You're correct on the statement that someone wouldn't trade World Eater for a Rusty Cutlass, Most people are brighter than that....

And If someone wants a World Eater Blade, or any blade or item, they should go out and spend hours looting to find it like everyone else. If we had to do it, everyone else should too.
You have a higher looting scale then others... theres alot of people who loot more then alot of people who loot for an hour and get a good weapon and they get nothing..... disney is to blame for the looting the first 2 weeks the weapons were out EVERYONES luck was the same then they changed the system and over half the players started not being able to get anything at all.... plus its not as horrible as everyone thinks who in there right mind would trade someone something without something good in return which eliminates all of the people saying level 1''s would have great stuff... seriously you cant hate on a system that BALANCES the game when everyones asked for it for so long
Idk where you all are bringing up the thing with Rusty Cutlass for World Eater, because I never said that. However, Yes I may have a bit more luck in the looting department than others, however I looted for almost a year before I ever got ANYTHING good. It's all about Time, and Perseverance. And Loot is COMPLETELY RANDOM. My finds are proof of that. I've found Legends on the first kill, and two hours in. It is all RANDOM LUCK. Anyways, these are my personal views on trading, I don't expect anyone to agree with me, as I have always been the controversial type - It seems most people don't like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think trading would be cool... they have it on Star Trek Online, and there's been no drama about it (as far as I know). And yes, obviously you wouldn't trade a WEB or Thunderspine for a Rusty Cutlass or Snaplock Pistol.

Check out this awesome piano video of Jarrod Radnich's PotC theme song!
THAT IS CRAZY GOOD PIANO PLAYING.... :O

there is no drama or anything on potbs someone will say in chat either i have a """"" for sale for x doubloons. or anyone have a """""""""" for sale and how much? and then they go on about life. or you can be like hey man can you make a new ship? etc. people either say yes or no and its the end of it

As soon as trading comes out threads such as https://piratesforums.co/threads/your-famed-legendary-weapons.35/page-165#post-123354 and even the smaller ones are gonna be filled with everyone starting to beg for the weapons to be traded with their supposedly equal valued weapons.

As soon as trading comes out threads such as https://piratesforums.co/threads/your-famed-legendary-weapons.35/page-165#post-123354 and even the smaller ones are gonna be filled with everyone starting to beg for the weapons to be traded with their supposedly equal valued weapons.
Unless they do this: weapons that you equip or have equipped to one of your four weapon slots are bound to you, whereas ones that you don't equip can be traded. :D

there is also a warning to it dont trade with someone you dont know you could wake up next morning with no weapons at all

idk why...lol...but, when I first read this I was thinking about something "other" than trading & highly inappropriate to this forums, rofl. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you had made a good point...matey!

I don't think there is any pride with anything bought honestly. Gold is possibly the easiest thing to obtain in this game, so it's not like you worked too hard to get it.

You're correct on the statement that someone wouldn't trade World Eater for a Rusty Cutlass, Most people are brighter than that....

And If someone wants a World Eater Blade, or any blade or item, they should go out and spend hours looting to find it like everyone else. If we had to do it, everyone else should too.
Idk where you all are bringing up the thing with Rusty Cutlass for World Eater, because I never said that. However, Yes I may have a bit more luck in the looting department than others, however I looted for almost a year before I ever got ANYTHING good. It's all about Time, and Perseverance. And Loot is COMPLETELY RANDOM. My finds are proof of that. I've found Legends on the first kill, and two hours in. It is all RANDOM LUCK. Anyways, these are my personal views on trading, I don't expect anyone to agree with me, as I have always been the controversial type - It seems most people don't like that.

But see, the fact that someone wouldn't trade a World Eater for a Rusty Cutlass proves my point exactly. You need to loot for a weapon that's good enough to trade for a World Eater Blade. So you still need to loot for hours, and then you need to look for someone who is willing to trade their World Eater Blade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mates, who says it will take all the fun out of looting. You can suggest a trading on/off button, like JadeOHayes said, and of course you'll still loot. You can loot just like before with trading and co-exist, or you can loot for weapons to trade, and if you loot for those items, there was some effort put into getting the weapon you trade for.
For myself to support 100%, this "on/off button" for trading...I would insist ('yoda voice').
yoda.jpg

Look what I found within the depths of the POTCO Official Site "A Day in the Life":
Loot and Inventory System

We would love to add a more traditional inventory system to Pirates. Think something along the lines of bags and slots - like your traditional RPG. This would allow us to do lots of things - like player trading, for instance. Hand in hand with the new inventory system, we'd like to offer the players more rewards. Again, think of the more traditional RPG loot: weapons that boost certain attributes so the player has to make some decisions about what skills they want to be better at.

Look what I found within the depths of the POTCO Official Site "A Day in the Life":
Loot and Inventory System

We would love to add a more traditional inventory system to Pirates. Think something along the lines of bags and slots - like your traditional RPG. This would allow us to do lots of things - like player trading, for instance. Hand in hand with the new inventory system, we'd like to offer the players more rewards. Again, think of the more traditional RPG loot: weapons that boost certain attributes so the player has to make some decisions about what skills they want to be better at.
This was written in the first year they released potco so don't get your hopes up.

Back