Pirates Online Trading

do you wan trading to come out?

• Total voters
Please check out these old threads:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/trading-poll.705/
https://piratesforums.co/threads/is-trading-coming-or-not.5993/
https://piratesforums.co/threads/trading-coming-soon.7030/

And there are a few more. If you type in "trading" on the Search box (top right-hand-side of this site), you'll see all threads about trading. Including what some members here think about that issue.

There are ways to make trading beneficial, fair and considerate to players who do not want to trade.
- Learn from other games (it is not embarrassing to learn from others' successful experiences - in this case, from other games)
- Trading between player's own pirates
- On/off button for trading function
- A 'bid' system, etc.

If this is concerning 'moral', then that is different. Some ppl clearly do not like the idea of trading based on personal principle. "Something earned" is not the same as "something bought". And that principle is hard to dispute.

Trading is already coming out after deciphering the hints the gm's gave. I think it'd be cool as I have a bunch of extra famed weapons that I don't really want but I keep anyways.

However one thing Disney failed to comprehend is that the main reason most people still play [at least in my opinion] is because of looting. If you can save hours of your day by just trading instead of looting then the game is slowly going to go downhill.

Trading is kool and I'm glad Disney listened to our request for it however they are playing Russian Roulette right now and it could be the end of Potco. It'll be booming at first but what do you do when you have all the weapons you want and your mastered?

Trading is already coming out after deciphering the hints the gm's gave. I think it'd be cool as I have a bunch of extra famed weapons that I don't really want but I keep anyways.

However one thing Disney failed to comprehend is that the main reason most people still play [at least in my opinion] is because of looting. If you can save hours of your day by just trading instead of looting then the game is slowly going to go downhill.

Trading is kool and I'm glad Disney listened to our request for it however they are playing Russian Roulette right now and it could be the end of Potco. It'll be booming at first but what do you do when you have all the weapons you want and your mastered?
where are these hints at?

I dont want trading. It takes all of the point out of looting. The Ravens quest would be nothing since you could get cursed anyways from trading, and a lv 1 could be running around with WEB. No.
when your luck scale is really low there is no fun in looting ive stood for hours at bosses and tormenta and RC and im lucky to get 1 famed a month....

people are gonna be to greedy for it to be the end of pocto but lets be honest the games slowly dying as is

I don't want trading honestly. Mostly for the same reason that John stated. I have a ton of famed and brights, and lots of people know this. I have a feeling I'd be bombarded with trade requests, as would every big looter. Also, as someone else stated before me, it takes the pride out of famed and brights. To know that you looted all of your items, that you spent hours looting and finally found them, feels much better than it would if you bought them.

Now to those who say trading would be good, because you have bad luck with looting. That's not anyone else's fault. Keep looting. I looted for almost a year before my lucky got good, and I got World Eater. Just keep looting, and I'm sure you will get something good eventually. :) These are all of my thoughts on the subject for now.

I dont want trading. It takes all of the point out of looting. The Ravens quest would be nothing since you could get cursed anyways from trading, and a lv 1 could be running around with WEB. No.
no they cant first: unlimited access only
second: requires a lvl 30 sword
I don't want trading honestly. Mostly for the same reason that John stated. I have a ton of famed and brights, and lots of people know this. I have a feeling I'd be bombarded with trade requests, as would every big looter. Also, as someone else stated before me, it takes the pride out of famed and brights. To know that you looted all of your items, that you spent hours looting and finally found them, feels much better than it would if you bought them.

Now to those who say trading would be good, because you have bad luck with looting. That's not anyone else's fault. Keep looting. I looted for almost a year before my lucky got good, and I got World Eater. Just keep looting, and I'm sure you will get something good eventually. :) These are all of my thoughts on the subject for now.
i really wouldnt like being bombarded but thats where the ignore button comes in

Last edited by a moderator:

You have a higher looting scale then others... theres alot of people who loot more then alot of people who loot for an hour and get a good weapon and they get nothing..... disney is to blame for the looting the first 2 weeks the weapons were out EVERYONES luck was the same then they changed the system and over half the players started not being able to get anything at all.... plus its not as horrible as everyone thinks who in there right mind would trade someone something without something good in return which eliminates all of the people saying level 1''s would have great stuff... seriously you cant hate on a system that BALANCES the game when everyones asked for it for so long

Mates, who says it will take all the fun out of looting. You can suggest a trading on/off button, like JadeOHayes said, and of course you'll still loot. You can loot just like before with trading and co-exist, or you can loot for weapons to trade, and if you loot for those items, there was some effort put into getting the weapon you trade for.

It won't kill looting. Period. Dear lord. I earlier stated that I want it to come, by the way.

To be completel honsot i do, and dont want trading to come out. Here our my thoughts: Poeple would cry over getting scammed, there would be so low levels with high powered weapons, and most imporantly ( Idk if i spelled that right :p) Disney can do so much more for this game! Like making the weapons not look the same, and make the gun run alott better in my opinion Like this message if you like my thoughtS? :)

Not necessarily because you still have to level you can have it but not use it and what does a level 5 have to trade for WEB, I mean who is stupid enough to trade like rusty cutlass for WEB so it wouldn't really ruin looting

Not necessarily because you still have to level you can have it but not use it and what does a level 5 have to trade for WEB, I mean who is stupid enough to trade like rusty cutlass for WEB so it wouldn't really ruin looting
Some people will trade their multiples to a friend's lower level pirate, a random person, or to their own. If they managed to reach the sword level required, they could still be a lower notoriety and be overpowered in PVP vs other low levels.

guys you say this ruins looting it really does not here our my obligatiosn toward your thoughts:: Trading is your doing not the servers i mean what if people need gold for ships or clothes? i mean cant they just go get another famed and or legendary i know alot of games like this one, and they released trade this made the eco quite better!
Some people will trade their multiples to a friend's lower level pirate, a random person, or to their own. If they managed to reach the sword level required, they could still be a lower notoriety and be overpowered in PVP vs other low levels.
I aplogixe if you all feel im coming streong towards this opinion i fell this will make the game get more people i guarantee it!

But I can guarantee you he will be in the levels 20-30 not at like level 5 for sure anymore when reaches the level required for WEB

But if Disney gets more people from this update, people will get banned for scamming. Its a win some, and lose some situation in my opinion!

ive seen level tewnties with thunder spine and web.... it already happens that low levels have OP weapons so nothing would be changing except how they got them trading will help the game reguardless of what you think is so bad about it, im done replying to this thread

But I can guarantee you he will be in the levels 20-30 not at like level 5 for sure anymore when reaches the level required for WEB
I did the math, and the estimated noto level for someone to level nothing but Cutlass (Sword) would be 21-22. That level with a WEB, T-Spine, Abyss, anything like that would be extremely overpowered. For example, my lv 24 has a 50ish attack rare broadsword, and the weakest rare pistol and moderate common doll.

Anyways. I have bad luck, but I still think Disney should fix the looting system and put in a trading system for gold, clothes, ships, and things like that - not weapons. (warships would be level 20-30 sailing w/ like 30 noto or something, and upgrades vary on level and noto also, so no lv 20 can trade a reg. frigate for a fully upgraded war brig) PVP is annoying enough as is, with cheaters and people who have better luck. (Not complaining, I don't even care about looting anymore).
Another thing, why is everyone arguing over something that is most likely never going to happen? This is Disney here, not Blizzard/Kingsisle/ any other company that cares about their games.
Sorry if anything was off topic, had to get some of that out there.

Constance great idea and they should make a trade limit so say 5k of clothes for 5k gold yes? so anyoen doesnt get scamm and cry?

to the people saying it takes the pride out of the items. well im sure you wont buy them but some people dont care and will buy them because they dont care wether or not they got it or someone else did as long as they have it. so it shouldnt affect you

there is also a warning to it dont trade with someone you dont know you could wake up next morning with no weapons at all
How would you wake up with no weapons?

Actually, on the pride thing, there would definitely be a level of pride attached to getting a good weapon via trading. You have to earn the gold to buy a sword, don't you?
And besides, nobody is going to trade a World Eater Blade for a rusty cutlass. So that would mean that you need a good sword to trade for a World Eater, aye? And you'd get this sword via looting. Which takes effort. Which means pride.
And besides, if someone wants to give a World Eater Blade to their friend, why not?

Back