Request Player Memorial

Rich Fireskull

Notorious Pirate
Dear TLOPO team and community…

This week we mourn the loss of a great leader, mentor, and most importantly… A friend.

Velvet DeMarisco, Valentina DeMarisco, and Skye O'Malley of the guilds Dark Archive, Galactic Order and True Colors respectively with alts in Galactic Guardians, the sister guild to Galactic Order, passed away earlier this week. She had alts in several other guilds as well.

Before she started having health problems she was a CO-GM of Galactic Order. She was a Second Class Officer of Dark Archive, and a veteran of True Colors. She was invested in multiple guilds and managed to spare the time for each one to hang out with the members and help when and where she could.

In this letter I ask that we memorialize her and what she stood for. She always stood up for friends and what was right. She would never fail to do her best to help those in need. She has touched the hearts of many within this wonderful community.

I would suggest and implore you to create a space to honor her.

Disney has done this in the past. Does anyone remember Captain Job from the Royal Anchor on Port Royal? Captain Job is the NPC that Disney created to honor a boy in Arkansas who had survived his fight with cancer.

If Disney can do that, we can certainly do this…

A humble request from one of the many who have been blessed to know and call her friend.

What say you?

For those who may argue “If we do that for one person, we will have to do it for everyone”, I would simply say… Wouldn’t they also deserve the same respect?

So what if this has to be done more than once? We can create a space just for this purpose and it could be as large is it would need to be. Is that really such cause to say “We can’t do it for everyone”? There is no shame in honor and respect.

Last edited:
I believe this should be a standard practice. This is a simple gesture that can go a long way in a small community such as ours. Immortalizing players—and reminding everyone that there's always a human behind the pirate—is invaluable. I think this would be really, really cool.

I think representing the fallen as NPCs in-game would be a cool solution!

A lovely idea. Skye was important to many of us, both as a treasured player, Co-GM of Galactic Order, a mother in real life, and of our guild. I think this would go a long way for many of us and for her. She was attached to this game, and a piece of her should rest with this game. Rest In Peace Skye.

Last edited:
In memoriam:
VelvetDeMarisco_sig_DA.png
VelvetDeMarisco_sig.png

If anyone has any stories they would like to share, feel free :) I always loved the hide and seek events that she would schedule for our guilds. There were clues you'd have to figure out and you'd have to flex on Stinky to find him! Another thing I loved was she was ALWAYS flexing on people. She started a game of it. We started counting points for flexing on people. always a blast when she was on.

I am all for this. Velvet was not just a leader in our guilds. She was a good friend. She was so creative in finding things for our guild to do together, even when the game was not so robust. We played tag, hide and seek, she lead us in fishing and loot bingo games and kept score when we competed against each other to see who could get in the most Jmaks (flexing on someone who is asleep and afk). She will be sorely missed by all who knew her. My grief is acute and my joy has been dampened.

I would like to share with you a poem I wrote in her honor:

Julie
Though your sword has fallen still
We won't forget how you made us feel
Always willing to help a friend
A joy to all, a godsend.
May the winds of eternity fill your sail
Till we meet again in God's vale

KFK <3
Velvet, you will be sorely missed.

Velvet was a close friend of mine. She was so invested in everything she did. She was an absolute pleasure to talk to. We were very likeminded and stood for many of the same causes in life.

I was absolutely floored last night to hear of her passing. I really do think we could memorialize her being as an NPC in TLOPO. It would only seem fitting.

Back