Are you excited?!?!

• YAS! POKEMON FOREVER <3

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Eh, if its good Ill try it

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Nah, not much of a Pokemon person

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
I've been a fan of the series since the original Red, Blue and Yellow, even now years later I still find the games enjoyable to play, though my favorite will always be Pokemon Crystal, which was the first game they ever gave us a choice on if we wanted to play a boy or a girl, sadly when they came out with Heart Gold, and Soul Silver, they didn't bring back the girl character from Pokemon Crystal, and that made me sad, as I was hoping for a Pokemon Crystal remake. So yeah I'll check out the game, I tend to lean more towards the standard Pokemon games (Often I'll explore the Mystery Dungeon games which (the only good ones being Explorers of Sky/Darkness/Time.)

Okay, if my child plays anymore Pokemon in his lifetime, I will die. I'm tired of hearing how and which and what Pokemon he would name a pet or if it would kill him. He's played every game possible and it still fascinates him...he just turned 13. So instead, I'm showing him how to write his own programs on the pc. So far, that seems to have his interest. For right now, he likes to watch me play Pirates and loves seeing the way the game is written and played with the hopes that one day he can do the same.
In the meantime, Pokemon is innocent and okay in doses, but not all day. Not saying that any of you do that. I'm just throwing this out there and venting a bit b/c I told him to read, so he read his Pokemon manual. I told him he could watch tv - yep, he watched and didn't want to turn it off. We're in the car, and he mentions Pokemon....and even named our cat, Skitty after the character.
It's addictive. Be forewarned for all you parents out there! And thank you for letting me vent a bit.

Okay, if my child plays anymore Pokemon in his lifetime, I will die. I'm tired of hearing how and which and what Pokemon he would name a pet or if it would kill him. He's played every game possible and it still fascinates him...he just turned 13. So instead, I'm showing him how to write his own programs on the pc. So far, that seems to have his interest. For right now, he likes to watch me play Pirates and loves seeing the way the game is written and played with the hopes that one day he can do the same.
In the meantime, Pokemon is innocent and okay in doses, but not all day. Not saying that any of you do that. I'm just throwing this out there and venting a bit b/c I told him to read, so he read his Pokemon manual. I told him he could watch tv - yep, he watched and didn't want to turn it off. We're in the car, and he mentions Pokemon....and even named our cat, Skitty after the character.
It's addictive. Be forewarned for all you parents out there! And thank you for letting me vent a bit.
I think that's one side of it, I grew up playing the originals with my brothers and my younger brother seeing me play with our dad, made him want to learn. So he learned how to read just so he could play with us since the majority of the game involves reading the text for the battles and problem solving with the puzzles. I think passions like Pokemon can be a great teaching moment for kids and you can tailor things towards what they like to do and they learn without even realizing it. There are all kinds of Pokemon books out there, and things of that sort. Not saying everyone is the same or every parenting style is the same but it definitely helped my brother it started a love for reading and learning with just playing Pokemon. He skipped an early grade and is now onto college to learn to become an anesthesiologist.... or however you spell it. My son isn't at the level to play games like that so I'm thinking just in theory here, but I think it would be really easy to turn games into a learning experience.

Okay so I just went on a walk for 2 hours with Pokemon Go. I traveled 7 Km. I caught over 50 Pokemon.

It was so much fun!! I would be walking and I would encounter different pokemon. I saw my first Gym and got a bunch of items from Pokestops.
If you have any questions about it I can probably help

i've been able to see a few day 1 and 2 of it since the release.
that first i saw was priceless. some young 20something and his friend in Australia. it was pitch black and the friend bursts in the room. yelling with excitement that pokemongo was just released. he probably would have left the house as is but it was the middle of winter.

they then took off in the car, pitch black, and luckily no traffic. a few pokemon he caught in his car -- one during a red light. toward the end, he actually pulled over and caught a pokemon in the middle of the street. that is very hardcore lol

I think that's one side of it, I grew up playing the originals with my brothers and my younger brother seeing me play with our dad, made him want to learn. So he learned how to read just so he could play with us since the majority of the game involves reading the text for the battles and problem solving with the puzzles. I think passions like Pokemon can be a great teaching moment for kids and you can tailor things towards what they like to do and they learn without even realizing it. There are all kinds of Pokemon books out there, and things of that sort. Not saying everyone is the same or every parenting style is the same but it definitely helped my brother it started a love for reading and learning with just playing Pokemon. He skipped an early grade and is now onto college to learn to become an anesthesiologist.... or however you spell it. My son isn't at the level to play games like that so I'm thinking just in theory here, but I think it would be really easy to turn games into a learning experience.
I'm trying to incorporate his love for game time into other things. Unfortunately, unlike the other four members in our family (including myself), he's the only one who wants nothing to do with the medical field. So we shall see.

Not a Pokemon fan but, if I do make it to heaven I want a Pikachu as a pet <3 Pika Pika!
I love Pikachu. He's my favorite. Although funny story. My middle son who is obsessed with Pokemon named our cat Skitty when we first got her years ago. After a few months, her full name became Schizophrenia - calling her Skitty for shot. Honestly, she does act like she's listening to voices in her head, so it's been quite fitting.

I love Pikachu. He's my favorite. Although funny story. My middle son who is obsessed with Pokemon named our cat Skitty when we first got her years ago. After a few months, her full name became Schizophrenia - calling her Skitty for short. Honestly, she does act like she's listening to voices in her head, so it's been quite fitting.
lol xD

Back