Once you go AFK it is no longer "your" gold room

• Correct

Votes: 80 86.0%
  • False

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • It's Complicated

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters
I'm sorry I'm a little new here, what exactly is a "gold room"?
@KrisSilver, Welcome. Gold rooms, which are not always 'gold' rooms are strategic spots in any area of the world that serious looters have designated a good spot to 'farm' loot. The caverns of tormenta has a clearly gold room in the far west center of the map of the cavern. Tormenta is also one of the few islands to find cursed weapons and items, but not until a quest called "The raven quest" is done.
I'm not sure what level you can even do the raven, but once it's available, it's a pretty important quest goal to accomplish as it allows you to find cursed and more powerful items. Teleporting quests are pretty important as well.

I'm sure others will help you out with more exact locations as I'm not a big looter pirate.

A good way to level quick right now is the invasions and Shallows, which is a newer area reached in the far east center of the tormenta caverns in the 'thrall' room where 3 enemies stand in a pool and there is an opening in the rocks. Best bet would be to try to crew up in both situations. Shallows is way higher level, but lower level pirates can survive if crewed and chip away at enemies with higher pirates.

Last edited:
As a fairly small level pirate (12) even tho' I spent many an hour in the gold room on the POTC , there is and was an almost unwritten rule of asking if a pirate could come in and toss grenades or whatever... most of the time it was sure! more the merrier and less likely to be killed with more pirate targets. For now everyone is safe from me going to a gold room and tossing grenades. (since I don't have any yet) It is wonderful to be a pirate again! Loot on!

@KrisSilver, Welcome. Gold rooms, which are not always 'gold' rooms are strategic spots in any area of the world that serious looters have designated a good spot to 'farm' loot. The caverns of tormenta has a clearly gold room in the far west center of the map of the cavern. Tormenta is also one of the few islands to find cursed weapons and items, but not until a quest called "The raven quest" is done.
I'm not sure what level you can even do the raven, but once it's available, it's a pretty important quest goal to accomplish as it allows you to find cursed and more powerful items. Teleporting quests are pretty important as well.

I'm sure others will help you out with more exact locations as I'm not a big looter pirate.

A good way to level quick right now is the invasions and Shallows, which is a newer area reached in the far east center of the tormenta caverns in the 'thrall' room where 3 enemies stand in a pool and there is an opening in the rocks. Best bet would be to try to crew up in both situations. Shallows is way higher level, but lower level pirates can survive if crewed and chip away at enemies with higher pirates.

Oh ok, there are the same kind of things in Runescape. There's no politeness over there, most people don't care at all lol. But since this is a way much smaller game with a tight community, I understand why we should be polite to each other.

Oh ok, there are the same kind of things in Runescape. There's no politeness over there, most people don't care at all lol. But since this is a way much smaller game with a tight community, I understand why we should be polite to each other.
Eh? Who said anything about being polite? Just get crewed, ya don't have to marry anyone.

Doesn't seem like humor to me.

Ever.
Well, okay, your personal sentiment is fine with me. However, this thread was about the OP's 'your gold room' and most discussion concerned peoples self described looting rules, until I unfortunately hijacked it slightly by commenting along the lines with other people that no one owns any rooms in tlopo. The thread fractured but with a semi related sub topic of 'what rules'?

My comment was a off hand humor at the political politeness positions of the sub thread. My barbs are rarely at members. If they were you would have no doubt at my meaning.

A pirate being afk is a non issue. AFK means no one is there. Thus your presence has no bearing on game play. Unless of course, you're afk'g on a ship. Which is another thread entirely and will not be discussed here.

GL

Last edited:
Well, okay, your personal sentiment is fine with me. However, this thread was about the OP's 'your gold room' and most discussion concerned peoples self described looting rules, until I unfortunately hijacked it slightly by commenting along the lines with other people that no one owns any rooms in tlopo. The thread fractured but with a semi related sub topic of 'what rules'?

My comment was a off hand humor at the political politeness positions of the sub thread. My barbs are rarely at members. If they were you would have no doubt at my meaning.

A pirate being afk is a non issue. AFK means no one is there. Thus your presence has no bearing on game play. Unless of course, you're afk'g on a ship. Which is another thread entirely and will not be discussed here.

GL

You don't need to make quips on everybody's post, it comes off as rude and arogent in my opinion, as I have stated before.

I cannot tell you how to act, and I apologize for coming off as annoyed before, I should not have.

All I'm saying is to pull back on the quips that, in my opinion, add nothing but a sense of toxicity to a thread. I have added toxicity by acting rude towards you earlier today, and I apologize.

You don't need to make quips on everybody's post, it comes off as rude and arogent in my opinion, as I have stated before.

I cannot tell you how to act, and I apologize for coming off as annoyed before, I should not have.

All I'm saying is to pull back on the quips that, in my opinion, add nothing but a sense of toxicity to a thread. I have added toxicity by acting rude towards you earlier today, and I apologize.
I don't think you need to apologize for any of that as you are responding to someone who you think is out of line and care enough to be vocal about it in a adult civil way. And I respect that.
Whether your contention is wider than yourself is debatable, but nevertheless I will look at my posts more in retrospect.
However, I can't guarantee to be 'quip' free entirely.

Gl

I don't mean to sound rude.. but like, what? Unless you consider Palifico's attic a gold room, there is only one 'gold room'. And its right here in the cursed caverns
Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.37.10 AM.png
The room was nick-named the 'gold room' because its full of gold...
Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.36.26 AM.png
Gold rooms aren't some metaphorical method of looting or something... its literally just a room in tormenta.

lol

As much as this is not taking sides, I think there are two answers to this question that are both correct:

1. The gold room doesn't belong to anyone. True and correct statement that I will never give anyone a hard time about for holding to.
2. Being polite does have a reward. There are two kinds of reputation in this game.
(a) actual pirate notoriety (what the game measures)
(b) your reputation with other pirates. the unofficial reputation system of the game. Your reputation as a player is its own kind of currency.
If people like you and you are well known as a helpful, polite, respectful pirate who manages to have fun without it being at other people's
expense, then the game has its own kind of added enjoyment that goes far beyond how many ships you own, the power of your weapons
or the amount of gold in your chest (not that any of these things hurt mind you). My experience in POTCO was just this. This is a social
game, much more so than LOTRO or other MMOs I have tried. The community is a mix, but it has a large number of players who
appreciate a helpful sort. For some being appreciated may not matter but it is its own reward and one can be missing out on it if you are
too much in a hurry to level or get stuff.

Oh Wow... I've been wondering the last couple of years if we in POTCO & TLOPO have a significant somewhat OCD or Perfectionist element in our numbers (me included) I guess this just answered my question :pirate1:

Barging in on someones little "Party" in The Gold Room ain't nowhere near as bad as deliberately trying to block and get you sunk during plundering at sea, or barging in on some one else in a dubious gold exchange... Bloody Pirates... Next thing you know we'll have rebellion in the New World Colonies!

Hang Them All! :skull:

(It's so nice that we as a group of Pirates are respectful of others thoughts and feelings... "Oh the irony" and as Dr Zachary Smith would say in Lost In Space "Oh the pain... the pain!" ;))
:pirate ship:

Oh Wow... I've been wondering the last couple of years if we in POTCO & TLOPO have a significant somewhat OCD or Perfectionist element in our numbers (me included) I guess this just answered my question :pirate1:

Barging in on someones little "Party" in The Gold Room ain't nowhere near as bad as deliberately trying to block and get you sunk during plundering at sea, or barging in on some one else in a dubious gold exchange... Bloody Pirates... Next thing you know we'll have rebellion in the New World Colonies!

Hang Them All! :skull:

(It's so nice that we as a group of Pirates are respectful of others thoughts and feelings... "Oh the irony" and as Dr Zachary Smith would say in Lost In Space "Oh the pain... the pain!" ;))

Its not that we have to not barge in during someone else's gold room battle.
Its just if you do, you are missing out on the "rep" you would get for being the better pirate.
There is nothing OCD or perfectionist about wanting to make friends more than wanting to get loot. (although there is nothing wrong with wanting to get loot)

OBVIOUSLY you are not required to leave the gold room if some one else was there first. We're simply talking about being polite and courteous to others.

It's similar to standing in line There is no law that says you cannot cut the line, but it's sord of a morale law. You know it's not nice to cut the line and people will think you're very disrespectful if you start cutting in front of people who waited longer than you. People expect you to be polite.

It's by no means "Their gold room" it doesn't belong to them. It's a place in a game that is open to everyone, but it's nice to ask and see if they wanted to loot alone. A lot of people prefer that and go out of their way to find an open place to loot. You don't have to view it as being mean. It's just the way they prefer to loot.

Sure if you want to be one of those guys who just barges into the gold room and could care less what people say about it then no one can stop you.

But it's certainly a respectable gesture to leave them be, and go somewhere else. Or at the very least ask if you can stay.
@Jack Cannonskull "It's similar to standing in line There is no law that says you cannot cut the line, but it's sord of a morale law. You know it's not nice to cut the line and people will think you're very disrespectful if you start cutting in front of people who waited longer than you. People expect you to be polite."

Upon pondering that comment, in the real world, there are rules and laws about cutting into lines. In banks, restaurants, cedar point and almost all public venues waiting in line is dictated by the establishment. Many of these businesses have very visual signs about that conduct and enforced punishments for doing so. You get sent back in line at the end or even kicked out of the business.

In tlopo I don't believe has any established rules of taking cuts in a gold room or any other spot in tlopo. This seems to be a truly personal rule of conduct by players themselves. I think the stress of this subject comes from people thinking everyone else is supposed to conform to anothers point of view about their looting preferences and perceived 'right' to do so.
The small percentage of people for and against this view including myself being vocal probably don't speak for the vast majority of players that just get along.
But it is kind of ironic asking a bunch of pirates to be nice and share their booty.

I don't mean to sound rude.. but like, what? Unless you consider Palifico's attic a gold room, there is only one 'gold room'. And its right here in the cursed caverns
View attachment 104115
The room was nick-named the 'gold room' because its full of gold...
View attachment 104116
Gold rooms aren't some metaphorical method of looting or something... its literally just a room in tormenta.

lol
"I'm sure others will help you out with more exact locations as I'm not a big looter pirate."
And, you helped out with the 'gold' room. Thank you.

Back