POTC: Master of the Seas (Phone App)

They can make a lot of new quests in POTCO just by using some of the quests in this app. The new treasure hunt could really keep players interested in POTCO if it were to be added...

What I find interesting though is what Will said. They really seem to have this app above POTCO as a priority. Within a year, this app got level to 200(from 60), double the amount of quests with the night feature, new weapons... and now this real ship battle with treasure hunting puzzles... in POTCO, this year we got an extension of Ship customization... WOW:eek:

Ok, I'm getting so frustrated with this game! It seems to me that every time they have some contest, I cannot do it. Usually I'm out of town and not able to access the internet on my tablet but for an hour. This weekend, not only will I be gone all day Saturday, but the game keeps saying that "Server is unavailable!" What luck I have!!

UPDATE!!

What's new in Version 1.5.0?

Now with Ship-to-Ship battles!

Take to the high seas and master them like never before. No need to rely on fate, victory is in your hands. Maneuver your ship into position and fire when ready.

Also introducing treasure hunting! Looking to secure their plunder, pirates have been known to bury treasure here and there. Gather clues leading to buried fortunes by completing battles and quest. Your fortune awaits!
Pictures below!
View attachment 38041 View attachment 38042
View attachment 38043 View attachment 38045
View attachment 38051 View attachment 38058
View attachment 38061 View attachment 38062
The app hasn't been working that well since yesterday. I keep getting network and server pop-up messages.

In comparison to POTCO, what remain the "advantages" & "disadvantages" to playing this? *Please, I would like to know as this is the very first time I have visited this thread.

IMO, this aspect of the game is competiting directly with POTCO. :confused:

Thank Ye ;)

In comparison to POTCO, what remain the "advantages" & "disadvantages" to playing this? *Please, I would like to know as this is the very first time I have visited this thread.

IMO, this aspect of the game is competiting directly with POTCO. :confused:

Thank Ye ;)
This game/app is the mobile version of potco. They have no connection though like the past mobile game where you can send items/gold to your pirate. This is an individual game. It is a multiplayer game. It has nice graphics. Up to level 200. Lots of quests. A treasure hunt. Buy gold gold/gem houses to get more gold/gems. Ship combat either manual or automatic battle. And gets a lot more updates than potco. Has a lot of contests as well.

The only problem i would say is the server connection issue which seems to be disneys signature issue lol.(not as serious as in potco though and only happens sometimes)

Thanks so much, Leo. That really helps!

I am basically wondering as a result of what I had stated above. *I don't mean to imply a sense of guilt on anyone as that is not my intention. *I am just wondering about things, that is all...lol.

Come on guys fix the server network bugs. The app has been having a lot of problems since yesterday: no server, network pop-up messages, app resetting, etc... How are we supposed to do the contest if we can't play?

:iagree: I have been having many problems logging onto the app. Frequent messages saying "No network connection. Please try again later."

Why is the app getting better and the game deteriorating? :/
Because the general consensus among Disney's :piratemickey:gaming efforts are "pushing" towards the mobile side of the business.

In contrast to the company's strategy pertaining to console games (POTCO is considered 'virtual online' btw), Disney's CEO - Robert Iger - has publicly stated that the company has entered the mobile space at just the right time.

Basically, mobile gaming (like 'Master of the Seas') is the treasure chest that the gaming industry is in pursuit towards. The question I don't particularly understand is what will happen to the fate of virtual online games (like POTCO) if mobile gaming continues to receive all the attention & company funds?

But the greatest question of all is will mobile gaming in fact be just another "fade" - or - will it in fact change the very fabric to how each of us play future games? For myself, I am keeping a sharp eye on CHINA as they might be setting the benchmark on which trends will succeed as far as gaming in the future is concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back